Booking Excursions

Schonert

I know in the past Excursions were not listed on a cruise until a few months before the trip.  
I have rebooked for Alaska for next Sep.

All the excursions are showing up, including prices.  It lets you select a time and the Passengers, but then when you click buy, it says there are errors for certain passengers (all those selected)

The cruise contract is completed.

Any ideas?  

• Like 1

Not sure .  I have cruises booked in Aug/Sept 2021 and Nov/dec 2021.  I have booked several excursions on each cruise which are confirmed  and haven't had a problem.  All the ones I booked, only had the one time slot for the cruise and I haven't completed the cruise contract on all of them.  Even was able to book a tour for March 2022.  I am guessing that even though the cruises have excursions that can be booked, that by the time we start cruising some excursions might be changed and possible price increase.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Schonert said:

I know in the past Excursions were not listed on a cruise until a few months before the trip.  
I have rebooked for Alaska for next Sep.

All the excursions are showing up, including prices.  It lets you select a time and the Passengers, but then when you click buy, it says there are errors for certain passengers (all those selected)

The cruise contract is completed.

Any ideas?  

Are all the passengers adults?  Sometimes excursions have age restrictions on them.

Regards John

All of the excursions for my 19 Jun 2021  British Isle cruise are listed as ready to book but when I tried I received an error message and called Princess rep to find out why and it seems that, though the reservations appear, the contracts are not yet fixed. Perhaps it is a Brexit problem on this particular cruise. Regardless, the error message seems to mean excursions not ready to book.

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Given the proposed changes to excursions I can't see the point of booking excursions at this time.

Just the opposite.  I booked my summer excursion because of the fear of it being sold out if we must take a Princess Tour.  I will cancel the cruise if I am not allowed to walk around town by myself.  No sense in going then.  Thanks to caribill and others for their help on another thread.  It was easy!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pkt1976 said:

My Alaska Cruise is doing that too. My Panama Canal Cruise lets me book excursions. Weird 

I was just able to book the excursions this morning.  We are going next Sep, so it could have been a month thing, now that we are in Oct, it allowed the booking.

Enough OBC so no risk to book it now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Given the proposed changes to excursions I can't see the point of booking excursions at this time.

We booked a cruise last Sep for Feb 2021.  If this situation with COVID doesn't change the only way you will be able to get off the ship is with a shore excursions through Princess.  I can see the possibility that some ports maybe open and others with limited access.  At least by booking now we can cancel the excursion and decide what we want to do later.  

• Like 1