Who Will Book For 2022

janny444

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

My FCC is just sitting on my account for when I want to use it.  I can see it if I log in, but would much prefer a refund.

If you not used it against a new booking you should be able to change it to a refund, if you can remember the booking ref it related to, then you need to use the on-line refund request facility on the website.

40 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Strangely enough, I thought that too, after posting...

I wonder if they might quietly let the age restriction  slip. Just keep the ships as adult only. After all, I can't suddenly see loads of 25 year old "ravers" suddenly booking a Saga cruise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I wonder if they might quietly let the age restriction  slip. Just keep the ships as adult only. After all, I can't suddenly see loads of 25 year old "ravers" suddenly booking a Saga cruise.

Years ago on a Saga Holiday if your Spouse or partner was under 50 they could travel with you providing one person was over 50, not sure if that still applies.

Edited by Bloodaxe

21 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Years ago on a Saga Holiday if your Spouse or partner was under 50 they could travel with you providing one person was over 50, not sure if that still applies.

That is correct, but the younger partner has to be over 40.

On 10/9/2020 at 8:26 PM, Windsurfboy said:

I think I  agree with both of you, if you add a drinks package,  and a few nights per week speciality restaurants,  transport etc  to P&O then for a similar sized cabin Saga is still  significantly more expensive,  but maybe not painfully so. What you are paying for is the public space per passenger, 50% more deck space per head, and much more internal space per head. Whether it is worth it i will have to wait for 18 months to find out

Space per passenger also depends on how it is arranged.

My personal opinion is that the inside space on the new Saga ships has not been laid out very well at all (plus most of the seats themselves have been chosen for looks, not comfort).

We thought that P&O Britannia felt much less crowded inside than the Discovery - the only times we realised how many passengers were on board was when the shows turned out, and on disembarkation. On the Discovery, we were very aware how many passengers were on board every time we tried (often without success) to find a seat in the bar, library or living room.

Outside is much better, access to the outside decks is very good, wonderful wide wrap-around promenade with plenty of doors to pop in and out,  stairs at the stern leading from the promenade to the top with direct access from every passenger deck, and another walking area at the top.

Now - if they can just stop people reserving sun loungers for the entire day ... it is amazing how many are occupied by a hat, bag, sunglasses and paperback while the owner of said items is having breakfast, lunch,afternoon tea, and taking in a lecture or two.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Seems unlikely, as the original owner has come back on the board (along with a hefty financial contribution) and he has been quoted as saying that Saga had lost track of it's core customer group. Although I think he may have been referring to the insurance side more than the cruise and travel side.

I wonder how they will price the 2022 cruises at launch compared to the release last year?

2 years ago we managed to get a launch price of £2300 each for a balcony cabin on the Arcadia 19 night east med cruise which should have departed this Sunday, we moved the deposit in June to an Iceland cruise next June. The equivalent eastern med cruise on Aurora in autumn 2021 is showing as £7700 each! as of last night. I know that this is because of moved deposits, availability and possible reduced capacity but it is not showing as sold out. Who would pay that amount?

I am due to pay the balance for the Iceland cruise in Feb / Mar and I'm already thinking to move the deposit back again to an Eastern Med cruise in Autumn 2022 when the cruises are released, but I suspect that even the launch prices will be much more than were available for the equivalent 2020 cruise.

16 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I wonder how they will price the 2022 cruises at launch compared to the release last year?

2 years ago we managed to get a launch price of £2300 each for a balcony cabin on the Arcadia 19 night east med cruise which should have departed this Sunday, we moved the deposit in June to an Iceland cruise next June. The equivalent eastern med cruise on Aurora in autumn 2021 is showing as £7700 each! as of last night. I know that this is because of moved deposits, availability and possible reduced capacity but it is not showing as sold out. Who would pay that amount?

I am due to pay the balance for the Iceland cruise in Feb / Mar and I'm already thinking to move the deposit back again to an Eastern Med cruise in Autumn 2022 when the cruises are released, but I suspect that even the launch prices will be much more than were available for the equivalent 2020 cruise.

That's a hell of a price for the cruise on Aurora - can't see many people being interested at that sort of price.

To be fair, I'm not sure if you can really compare Arcadia to Aurora when it  comes to pricing. Aurora has always (imho) been priced a step above Arcadia, and the discrepancy becomes even more marked when it  comes to balconies, simply because Aurora has only half the number compared to Arcadia.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, majortom10 said:

Saga are obviously very busy with taking booking from ex P&O cruisers I filled in the details online for a cruise brochure for 2022 on their website very impressively within 2 days but unfortunately was for 2021 land based Europe holidays and never received cruise brochure.

Well, P&O pinched Saga's Captain Wesley Dunlop, so is only fair to retaliate.😁. (although P&O did give Captain Julian Burgess to Saga in exchange).