Who Will Book For 2022

janny444

Hi....after reading all the comments on this forum....some are quite willing to cruise again....as soon as possible....others are more cautious perhaps awaiting a vaccine or just relying on time to return to some semblance of normality....some may be feeling that they will never cruise again so I am curious as to who will actually be booking for cruises April 2022 onwards when the new brochure is released.....perhaps November.

I will certainly be tempted …if the price is right and it is a low deposit.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We love cruising so will cruise again when the government withdraws it's health advisory and cruises have sailed safely for a few months and hopefully a vaccine is available.

Graham.

Hi....we probably won't be actually comfortable sailing until there is more certainty but I will still book on release date  ....if price is right and low deposit....on the off chance that in 18 months plus time things will have settled down

We are booked for Feb 2022 on Celebrity Edge, moved it from Feb 2021 when we were going on Celebrity Equinox to Caribbean & Mardi Gras. A bit disappointed about missing Mardi Gras as I am sure it’s amazing but safety of everyone comes first. Excited though to be going on Edge, it looks very different 

Michelle

I have cruises booked for October 2021 on Queen  Victoria and January 2022 on Arcadia

Both cruises are expensive cruises for us, and the Arcadia is a long cruise far from home, and, to be honest, I now have no desire to travel such a long distance and be away for so long, or spend large sums of money on something I'm no longer keen on doing.

I had hoped to transfer both of these cruises to shorter, cheaper cruises, closer to home in the summer of 2022 - in the hope that there will be some sort of normality by then and it would serve as a good reintroduction to cruising.

However, I noticed that, from 29th September, Cunard have stopped their flexible transfer policy.  So that would mean, in respect of my QV cruise I could only transfer without penalty to a cruise of higher value.

It wouldn't surprise me if P&O do something similar when the Summer 2022 brochure comes out.

So I might be stuck with 2 cruises I don't really want to do - therefore I won't be booking anything else for summer 2022.

Even if I didn't have these cruises booked, I wouldn't book anything for summer 2022 yet, I'd want to make sure that COVID was much less of a problem before I seriously considered a cruise again.

Also, I feel once bitten, twice shy, and will be unlikely ever to book two years in advance again. I've learnt how quickly things can change. Two years in advance is too much for me now. 

I have a back to back booked on Iona for February 2022 

I will book, I should have gone to Norway, Iceland & Ireland in August 2020 so would love to do a same / similiar itinerary 

I`m also waiting to see what Princess Cruises bring out for Vancouver / California - as I`d love to do that cruise too having previously sailed from Vancouver to Alaska 

I have two FCC's and so will hope to book for 2022 when the programme gets released in November, depending on the prices. I really hope the release comes early November as if prices are anything like those for next year, I will want to request refunds before the expiry date of 30/11.

I have a cruise booked for next June with Fred Olsen.

I have to believe that we will all be living normal lives by then because if not, I think I would plunge into depression!

I would book for 2022 (and 2021) except for the fact that as someone else stated we may not be covered by insurance if FCO advice was against cruising 'at the time of booking'Might have to check with our bank and if ok I will book

Edited by ann141

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

i will book using my FCC that I have sitting on my account.  can't do anything else with it, so might as well.

We're the same, we cancelled before P&O and accepted an offer of transferring the deposit to FCC so we may as well try use it (or lose it).

We have the 35 night Ventura Caribbean round trip booked for January 2020.  I am not confident it will go.  I’m not sure we will go

Who knows?

I’ll check the Ts&Cs before booking from the new schedules.  If it’s easy to change or cancel, and the deposit is low, who knows?

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We hope to book for 2022. Just waiting for the brochure and we will be looking for cruises to the Baltic. Then it will depend on cruise cost, travel insurance and health.🤞

Avril

I sailed the Baltics in 2015 on Britannia, I loved it and would happily sail it again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will have an amazing time 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We have the 35 night Ventura Caribbean round trip booked for January 2020.  I am not confident it will go.  I’m not sure we will go

Who knows?

I’ll check the Ts&Cs before booking from the new schedules.  If it’s easy to change or cancel, and the deposit is low, who knows?

I know. Your January 2020 cruise will not go. Trust me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, L751 said:

We are booked on Britannia July 2021 hoping everything will be fine. Fingers Crossed 

We have Celebrity Eclipse booked  for June 2021 and Iona for August 2021. We will no doubt book for 2022. I wonder if Gary will be onboard🤔