Who Will Book For 2022

janny444

8 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Since I am counted amongst the high risk categories by age (just under 70) I am hoping that will help me get a vaccine early on in the US.  So far as proof of vaccination, I can't imagine why ships would allow someone not vaccinated to board after a vaccine is available to all - other than corporate greed to fill a ship.

I guess time will tell, but although my world cruise is a bucket list item it's not a necessity if I don't feel it will be safe.

Stay well.

Obviously every country will have different criteria, but it makes sense for  essential workers to have the vaccine first, followed by other workers, with those at risk lower down the pecking order. By first giving the vaccine to those in daily contact with other people , the virus will be constrained far more quickly than giving it to the older generation who are less socially active. 

It's a but like dealing with a firest fire - you control the fire with fire breaks first, before attempting to put the actual fire out.

Obviously I am sure that it may be possible to pay, and jump the queue,  but I,  for one, would feel uncomfortable doing so, just to take a cruise.

• Like 2

I actually think that it will be made difficult to pay your way up the queue, except in the context of international "vaccine tourism."

In terms of the OP question, we are booked up with P&O until March 2022, based on bookings made on launch.  A mistake made in good faith.

We will be trying another non-Carnival line for any cruises thereafter due to persistent, poor P&O customer service, and concerns that standards of care have slipped too far. 

We may add a P&O cruise to the mix, if the price is right, customer service resumes, a few heads roll, and they redeem themselves with any of our booked 2021 sailings which leave Southampton docks.  A fair list.

As I mentioned on earlier threads, I will not forgive the ridiculous refunds mess lightly and possibly not at all.  However, I am not inclined to book on pre-registration for P&O in any event.

I will be interested to see the pricing strategy as I think that demand will be softer than P&O think.  The temptation will be for them to go for 30% plus fare increases to at least recoup the value of the outstanding FCCs and ensure that passengers foot the bill.

2 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

We will be trying another non-Carnival line for any cruises thereafter due to persistent, poor P&O customer service, and concerns that standards of care have slipped too far. 

I think that boycotting Princess,  because of your P&O experience could be a mistake, but understand your issues.

We have "jumped ship" to Saga,  but have doubts if the company will survive unless they can resume cruising within the next 6 months.

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I think that boycotting Princess,  because of your P&O experience could be a mistake, but understand your issues.

We have "jumped ship" to Saga,  but have doubts if the company will survive unless they can resume cruising within the next 6 months.

Fair point...to be honest we are considering Fred Olsen more, as although we don't subscribe to the idea that big ships are monsters, we are as perfectly comfortable on Aurora out of season as we are Britannia in season.  The "new ship sparkle" is not everything.

The standard of dining, which is a big part of it for us, seems to be comparable. We did try Marella - not good on this front and didn't quite get the vibe.  Plus the drinks are something like £19 per day as opposed to £19 each on some of the American lines their cocktails, just have an aversion to feeling ripped off😂

I think that Saga will scoop up quite a few P&O customers out of this.  Certainly the crowd who will never go with anyone but P&O will be smaller.  That would be no bad thing.  However, hopefully a refocussing on standards and customer service will emerge from this awful pandemic.

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

Fair point...to be honest we are considering Fred Olsen more, as although we don't subscribe to the idea that big ships are monsters, we are as perfectly comfortable on Aurora out of season as we are Britannia in season.  The "new ship sparkle" is not everything.

The standard of dining, which is a big part of it for us, seems to be comparable. We did try Marella - not good on this front and didn't quite get the vibe.  Plus the drinks are something like £19 per day as opposed to £19 each on some of the American lines their cocktails, just have an aversion to feeling ripped off😂

I think that Saga will scoop up quite a few P&O customers out of this.  Certainly the crowd who will never go with anyone but P&O will be smaller.  That would be no bad thing.  However, hopefully a refocussing on standards and customer service will emerge from this awful pandemic.

That's certainly my hope as well, we have always enjoyed the P&O experience but their cleanliness does not compare with Celebrity, and their customer service would benefit from a bit of the American "can do" spirit, the customer service desk reminds me of Mourinho's park the bus defence, I just don't seem to be able to get through to them. 

• Like 1

We have Azura booked for April but can't see us going. Will probably move it and use some FCC we have to book one for 2022 (as late as possible). We also have a land holiday booked for Sorrento for next August but are not sure about that happening either as we really are not happy to fly at the moment. That will probably move to August 2022 or half term in October 2022 to Cyprus. Must admit, it seems a long way in the future.

PS Our last cruise was on Celebrity EDGE so we will definitely want to sail on her or her sister ship APEX again if we can ---- and when we can afford it ! (It cost us a fortune)

Edited by Presto2

I have three cruises for 2021, never had so many booked - I am usually lucky if I get one every two years! 

I’ve been taking advantage of rock bottom pricing and been able to move the last one (Arcadia cruise) twice to accommodate better offers and snagged a suite guarantee for just a tad over the price of 10 days on a premium line in May in an inside accessible. 

If they don’t happen I have a lovely savings plan coming back to me, or an enhanced line of credit. if they do happen I will have had 3 lovely cruises on three very different lines and sizes of ship to enhance my experience of different lines in order to make even better decisions for future cruising. I am looking forward to trying small ships with Oceania, very formal with Cunard and hopefully an amazing suite experience with P&O. 

Turn the situation to your advantage, I very much feel like I have. 

March, May and October... one of those at least will go. 

2022 will be easier, and I think those that are more conservative in their feelings about the safety of cruising will be more amenable to a cruise. We have a much higher chance of having a vaccine and also the economy will be in a better shape and Brexit will be more settled. 

I am definitely looking forward to 2022 cruise offering being announced as it will be a tombola year for me so I am wanting a nice cruise to celebrate. 

• Like 2

Our next booking is for a Ventura round trip TA in Feb 2022.  Will certainly be looking at the summer 2022 season, and awaiting the release of either a worldie or grand voyage for 2023.

In the meantime, will watch out for any "new" cruises at low prices for 2021 or late deals.

Booked April 22 on Queen Victoria  , so If the intinerary is right will definitely  book a no fly  cruise in June or early  July  22.  Hope much more normal in 2022 if not then cruises are last thing to worry about. End of year planned See kids in Australia if we can.

35 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Did I read somewhere that the new season would be online only, and no printed brochures, or was that just a bad dream?

Nope your correct I was wrong please forgive my error 🥺

We already have 3 cruises booked for 2021 2 with P&O and 1 with Cunard but not sure if we will be doing 3 as May on Britannia might not happen. Will not be booking any cruises with P&O for 2022 on brochure release until I have seen Cunard's 2022 programme and prices.

18 hours ago, majortom10 said:

We already have 3 cruises booked for 2021 2 with P&O and 1 with Cunard but not sure if we will be doing 3 as May on Britannia might not happen. Will not be booking any cruises with P&O for 2022 on brochure release until I have seen Cunard's 2022 programme and prices.

Problem  is with FCC in system, better cabins go in a day or so. For example no princess or Queens Grills left on the Queen Elizabeth 2021 med cruises  a few days after launch

On 10/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, davecttr said:

I have 2 cruises booked for 2021 and will wait until late 2020 to decide about 2022

Same here, but we may squeeze another 2021 in, if the right deal comes along.

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Problem  is with FCC in system, better cabins go in a day or so. For example no princess or Queens Grills left on the Queen Elizabeth 2021 med cruises  a few days after launch

Dont know who has given you that info whether TA or Cunard but just looked on Cunard's website in UK and there is still availability for QG and PG on QE.

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Just hope I can use FCC from my cancelled October 2020 for booking in Summer 2022 as Cunard in UK seem to be giving mixed messages.

Yes, I’m finding that Cunard seemed to be giving mixed messages as well. 

I’m  thinking of moving my October 2021 cruise to a shorter, closer to home cruise in the summer on 2022. Last time I looked on their website, the Flexible transfer policy was still there, but they have changed their cancellation policy to standard terms from 29th Sept. 

• Like 1

We've had two 40th anniversary cruises and a land holiday cancelled on us due to Covid this year. No way will we be booking anything new for 2021, never mind 2022. Late booking for us for the foreseeable future, which is a great shame, as the months of anticipation and preparation is half the enjoyment of a cruise.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nellydean said:

We've had two 40th anniversary cruises and a land holiday cancelled on us due to Covid this year. No way will we be booking anything new for 2021, never mind 2022. Late booking for us for the foreseeable future, which is a great shame, as the months of anticipation and preparation is half the enjoyment of a cruise.

In recent years, I’ve booked 2  years in advance, which is why I still find my self with cruises in 2021 and 2022. I’m an early booker by nature, as I like to get exactly the cabin I want, then all I have to do is look forward to the cruise.  However, I think I’ll be a late booker for the foreseeable, whether it’s cruises or hotels. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

In recent years, I’ve booked 2  years in advance, which is why I still find my self with cruises in 2021 and 2022. I’m an early booker by nature, as I like to get exactly the cabin I want, then all I have to do is look forward to the cruise.  However, I think I’ll be a late booker for the foreseeable, whether it’s cruises or hotels. 

We will still have to remain early bookers, that's if we want to ensure we obtain an accessible cabin.  So my experience will be able to be used as a comparison to how much more, or how big a saving, you late bookers achieve.