Who Will Book For 2022

janny444

Thankfully we have no future cruises or land holidays booked and until things settle down will not be booking anything.

There are way to many uncertainties, who really knows what future cruising will be like.

Our last cruise was to celebrate our 50th Anniversary in 2019, any future cruises will be last minute bookings.

I will never say never but advancing age, family problems and insurance availability are also against us

We have some really great memories to look back on and are grateful for that.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3

Must admit October 2021 looks like being the first time we will cruise if there is a vaccine.  We are trying again to go to Wales on October 23rd, now the dog is better 🙂   First night in the Lion Inn, which I thought was apt considering our name and the fact that it's the Lyon's birthday that day.  Then on to Anglesey.  Definitely need a change of scene and somebody else cooking!

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Must admit October 2021 looks like being the first time we will cruise if there is a vaccine.  We are trying again to go to Wales on October 23rd, now the dog is better 🙂   First night in the Lion Inn, which I thought was apt considering our name and the fact that it's the Lyon's birthday that day.  Then on to Anglesey.  Definitely need a change of scene and somebody else cooking!

Where are you staying in Anglesey?, we know it very well having lived and worked there in the 1970s

23 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Did I read somewhere that the new season would be online only, and no printed brochures, or was that just a bad dream?

We have booked online for years so we don't bother with brochures but do they not realise that a lot of people still like to have a printed brochure ? In fact some people still don't use the internet at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, I’m finding that Cunard seemed to be giving mixed messages as well. 

I’m  thinking of moving my October 2021 cruise to a shorter, closer to home cruise in the summer on 2022. Last time I looked on their website, the Flexible transfer policy was still there, but they have changed their cancellation policy to standard terms from 29th Sept. 

Just had it confirmed by Cunard by PM on Facebook that I can use my FCC for Summer 2022 as long as it is applied to a booking by December 31st 2021.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We have booked online for years so we don't bother with brochures but do they not realise that a lot of people still like to have a printed brochure ? In fact some people still don't use the internet at all.

I think the cost of printing a brochure means that, even if a few bookings are lost as a result,  it is more economic to stick with an online version only.

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I think the cost of printing a brochure means that, even if a few bookings are lost as a result,  it is more economic to stick with an online version only

Things are so uncertain and fluid that any brochure could be out of date as soon as it is  printed anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Just had it confirmed by Cunard by PM on Facebook that I can use my FCC for Summer 2022 as long as it is applied to a booking by December 31st 2021.

That's good - hopefully the Summer 2022 cruises will be out soon 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I hope you get there this time Jean. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

There is now talk of visitors to Wales needing to quarantine for 2 weeks, although maybe only from high risk areas, but the way things are going maybe the whole of England will be a high risk area before the end of the month.

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There is now talk of visitors to Wales needing to quarantine for 2 weeks, although maybe only from high risk areas, but the way things are going maybe the whole of England will be a high risk area before the end of the month.

Can't see how that can work. Hundreds of people cross into Wales daily  - just lorry drivers alone. Yet another knee jerk reaction from the official bodies.  

The Ole Lady mentioned that she saw a post on social media where someone stated that you can no longer "gift" an FCC to someone else.  

Anyone else heard anything about this change to FCC T & Cs?  Not that I was thinking of giving my FCC away, it's all MINE!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

That's not surprising though is it? Anyone with half a brain could see what would happen once the pubs reopened and the introduction of Rishi's eat out scheme.

Avril

22 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Where are you staying in Anglesey?, we know it very well having lived and worked there in the 1970s

At the Bull Hotel.  Stopping in Llanbister on the way up and llandovery on the way back, then Chepstow.

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's not surprising though is it? Anyone with half a brain could see what would happen once the pubs reopened and the introduction of Rishi's eat out scheme.

Avril

Yes saw that.  Devon remains very low, so hopefully it will be OK.  Have to cancel by 21st so still time yet.

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes saw that.  Devon remains very low, so hopefully it will be OK.  Have to cancel by 21st so still time yet.

I hope you finally get your long awaited holiday Jean. The cases here are up 108% over last week so it seems unlikely that we will be leaving home anytime soon. We're just going to enjoy Christmas the best we can and look positively towards next June and the Fjords🤞

Avril

3 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

At the Bull Hotel.  Stopping in Llanbister on the way up and llandovery on the way back, then Chepstow.

Is that the one at Valley?, good location for touring the Island, hope that you get some nice weather.

We lived on the other side of the Island not for from Amlwch, I worked at Wylfa Nuclear Power Station, now closed.

Edited by Bloodaxe

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes at Valley.  Never been to any of the places we are going to, so really hope it comes off now.  However, with the rising of these cases, it could all go wrong again.

Any travel is looking dubious at the present time but I do hope that you make it.

Lots of interesting places on the Island, we always visit South Stack just outside Holyhead for it's spectacular location with its bird sanctuary and lighthouse.

We had planned a trip ourselves this year but postponed it due to family circumstances, hope to make it next year.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

There has been a lot of complaints to Ofcom about the ITV programme This Morning and Simon Calder recommending the English to travel to Mid Wales at half term as this is not under lockdown where there are 16 areas in South Wales and North Wales are under local lockdown and even they cannot travel to Mid Wales.

On 10/6/2020 at 4:09 PM, Bloodaxe said:

Is that the one at Valley?, good location for touring the Island, hope that you get some nice weather.

We lived on the other side of the Island not for from Amlwch, I worked at Wylfa Nuclear Power Station, now closed.

A couple of years ago we were on the way back from Cornwall. Shall we stop for lunch at a country pub?. We left the M5 and I said that place sounds nice, we will head there. At the back of my mind the place name sounded familiar. Once it came into view, I remembered why Hinckley Point rang a bell.😁

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

A couple of years ago we were on the way back from Cornwall. Shall we stop for lunch at a country pub?. We left the M5 and I said that place sounds nice, we will head there. At the back of my mind the place name sounded familiar. Once it came into view, I remembered why Hinckley Point rang a bell.😁

Hinckley has been a Nuclear site for many years, it is also where they are building this countries only new Nuclear station

Wylfa on Anglesey was due for a new build but that was recently cancelled, big mistake in my opinion. 

I know many people will not agree but we just cannot totally rely on wind and solar has some people seem to believe.

Edited by Bloodaxe

2 hours ago, majortom10 said:

There has been a lot of complaints to Ofcom about the ITV programme This Morning and Simon Calder recommending the English to travel to Mid Wales at half term as this is not under lockdown where there are 16 areas in South Wales and North Wales are under local lockdown and even they cannot travel to Mid Wales.

Yes, people living in Wrexham or Denbighshire can’t travel to North West Wales but folk from Liverpool or Manchester can travel through those counties to get to North West Wales. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Yes, people living in Wrexham or Denbighshire can’t travel to North West Wales but folk from Liverpool or Manchester can travel through those counties to get to North West Wales. 

Probably not for much longer if the rumours about new measures are correct.