Cruise idea for the Caribbean

miched

On 10/9/2020 at 1:39 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I was scheduled to go to Grenada again in May.  We all know how that turned out.  😬  I like to purchase spices while in Grenada.

Linda I think you are allowed to fly to Grenada now even from the US.  If you really need those spices ....😀

https://www.traveloffpath.com/grenada-is-reopening-for-tourism-july-15/

6 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Linda I think you are allowed to fly to Grenada now even from the US.  If you really need those spices ....😀

https://www.traveloffpath.com/grenada-is-reopening-for-tourism-july-15/

Thanks, but I'm not big on flying long distances by plane.  Much prefer to go by ship.  For now, I can make do with Penzy's.  It's just fun to shop the spice markets.

Sorry, as of today 10/12 there is still at least a Level 3 travel advisory and often a Level 4.    Level 4 means no non essential travel for U.S.   Level 3 is a travel is not advised.

Either will get you a free cancellation for a flight.   I would not consider vacation travel to be essential and I would not travel to an island if the State Department said it did not advise travel.   This could change, but you will see on the COVID map that most areas are still in the red in North, Central and Southern America.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Sorry, as of today 10/12 there is still at least a Level 3 travel advisory and often a Level 4.    Level 4 means no non essential travel for U.S.   Level 3 is a travel is not advised.

Either will get you a free cancellation for a flight.   I would not consider vacation travel to be essential and I would not travel to an island if the State Department said it did not advise travel.   This could change, but you will see on the COVID map that most areas are still in the red in North, Central and Southern America.

and Europe is a mess again as well.  2022 here we come??????

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Thanks, but I'm not big on flying long distances by plane.  Much prefer to go by ship.  For now, I can make do with Penzy's.  It's just fun to shop the spice markets.

i drove up to Maine this weekend and shopped in a great spice/olive oil/vinegar market.  Was so much fun, they had it set out on the sidewalk outside the shop.  There must be places you can drive to in Florida to do the same?

On 10/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, whitshel said:

You know what would be even more cool is if all the cruise lines opened their Private Islands up to each other.  Then we could see if the grass is greener on the other side.  More importantly, others could see if RCCL's private islands are "greener" 🙂 

Miami

Day 1- Coco Cay

Day 2- Great Stirrup Cay (NCL)

Day 3- At sea

Day 4- Labadee

Day 5- At Sea

Day 6- Half moon Cay/ Ocean Cay

Miami

How about Amber Cove in Puerto Plata DR?  

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

I think I am about ready to give up.....take the wife, dog, cat and the squirrel gun to my cave in Pooloka, TN and remember the days in the Caribbean.

You should come on down! the weather is cool and breezy, The leaves are turning colors and the springs and creeks are filling up. We have horse and hiking trails and a swimming hole with a swing about a half mile down the road.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:52 PM, phoenix_dream said:

At the same time, what about the deaths that were never identified as COVID deaths, for whatever reason? I suspect there are a good number of those as well, especially early on. At the end of the day, they probably equal out, or close to it.  We will never know the true numbers, but does it really make a difference in approach if it is 150,000 rather than 200,000?  To those who find the US numbers suspect for whatever reason, take a minute to consider the worldwide toll this virus has already taken.  If anything it is likely many countries are under reporting their numbers.  The world wide death numbers are staggering IMHO.  And it is far from over yet.

Staggering yes but a very small percentage overall. With pop over 7.5 bil and 1.1 mil deaths and 38mil cases worldwide still small amount.  But it is all perspective and he cases are probably higher.   But still not even near 1% of world pop.  The numbers as a whole are high I agree

16 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I never heard of Penzeys until I read your post.  So I looked it up.  Seems like a great site and source.  Thanks for mentioning it.

4 hours ago, TeeRick said:

I never heard of Penzeys until I read your post.  So I looked it up.  Seems like a great site and source.  Thanks for mentioning it.

They are wonderful.  And if you don't have a store near you, they ship.

It's just that it's sometimes more fun to buy whole nutmegs or whatever from a street vendor in Grenada.  I love their spice necklaces!  They make your whole house smell wonderful.  And you get to take your life in your hands by going through the Sendall Tunnel!  Somehow, it's just more fun when you're cruising the Caribbean.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 4:04 PM, Luvcrusn said:

20181215_081712.thumb.jpg.4131ff8542d0cfc05472b14a55fd981b.jpg

I hope that I can revisit this in November 2021. Scheduled for a cruise that goes back to Grenada. Hopefully we'll be able to visit on our own again. (Yes, I am wearing my rose colored glasses today!)

Is this the Emerald Pool/Waterfall?

6 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Is this the Emerald Pool/Waterfall?

Seen one you seen them all, except for a few exceptions  like the mighty Niagara.

When we first started cruising one of the tours we took was to their beautiful waterfall.  When we got there it was rather disappointing. It look like a fire hose was at the top that was suppling the water.  Not impressed. 

On another tour we went to a rather nice falls.  We were allowed to bath in the pool at the bottom.  I went in and it was very cold but refreshing as it was a very hot day.   2 weeks later I seen that a few people in a tour group  were killed in that same waterfalls because when there is a rain storm it  has the potential of causing a flash flood that is like a tidal wave going over the falls 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

12 minutes ago, miched said:

Seen one you seen them all, except for a few exceptions  like the mighty Niagara.

When we first started cruising one of the tours we took was to their beautiful waterfall.  When we got there it was rather disappointing. It look like a fire hose was at the top that was suppling the water.  Not impressed. 

On another tour we went to a rather nice falls.  We were allowed to bath in the pool at the bottom.  I went in and it was very cold but refreshing as it was a very hot day.   2 weeks later I seen that a few people in a tour group  were killed in that same waterfalls because when there is a rain storm it  has the potential of causing a flash flood that is like a tidal wave going over the falls 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Well you just one big giant bundle of NEGATIVE thoughts.  Happy staying at home for you I hope!!!