Veranda Vs Concierge Veranda

cloudchaser

30 minutes ago, cloudchaser said:

Thanks to every one for all the good information and advise.  My wife and I do world cruises (Holland America) and the library is important.  Glad to hear that R class have good libraries.  Actually it seems that our cabin will be left to chance.  Our August 26, 2021 cruise on the Nautica is waitlisted for all but some interiors.  So we are on the list of A3, B1 & B2.  I think in 10 months something should clear.  It is like the Lottery.  Thanks again for the help.

Did you make a deposit?

People with deposits clear first.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2020 at 1:18 AM, Glenndale said:

On Marina and Riviera we like to book the extended balcony cabins which are B grade.

If there are no extended balconies left to book I like a cabin close to the concierge lounge for an early morning coffee.

On the R class ships we enjoy the aft facing cabins which are A grade.

As to getting 2 tops in the specialities, who knows what the future holds with regards to seating arrangements in the restaurants?

WHY do people sleep in the library?

Hi,

We'll be cruising on the Nautica next year and we have an Aft Balcony.   Do you have any pictures of the room and the balcony  ?  If so, please email them to daveispar@comcast.net.  Thanks in advance. 

14 hours ago, daveispar said:

Hi,

We'll be cruising on the Nautica next year and we have an Aft Balcony.   Do you have any pictures of the room and the balcony  ?  If so, please email them to daveispar@comcast.net.  Thanks in advance. 

Sorry but I don’t have any pictures of them 🤷🏼‍♀️

The cabins are much the same as side facing ones but the balconies are longer, especially on deck 6.

I’ve not experienced noise from dining room below and cabins tend to be quieter as there is less footfall going past.

There is slightly further to walk to get to public areas, but nowhere is very far on the R ships.

It is the view from the balcony that you are paying the premium for.

I’ve had them in Alaska, sailing out of Venice, the Norwegian fjords (not all on O) and the views have been wonderful. 

Even in the Caribbean at night, just watching the wake from your balcony is so relaxing.

Maybe someone who has travelled in one and HAS taken pictures could post some for you?

On 10/6/2020 at 11:32 AM, cloudchaser said:

Thanks to every one for all the good information and advise.  My wife and I do world cruises (Holland America) and the library is important.  Glad to hear that R class have good libraries.  Actually it seems that our cabin will be left to chance.  Our August 26, 2021 cruise on the Nautica is waitlisted for all but some interiors.  So we are on the list of A3, B1 & B2.  I think in 10 months something should clear.  It is like the Lottery.  Thanks again for the help.

We're waitlisted (B1 & A2) for the same cruise. The itinerary looks great.

One minor difference not mentioned so far is that the only laundry room is on the concierge deck deck (entry from port side).  We've been on the veranda deck on Nautica twice and I did quite a few stairs checking on availability, and as the transporter.  I need to do even more stairs so it was not a big issue for me, but it was for my wife's knee.

21 minutes ago, Dourobert said:

I need to do even more stairs so it was not a big issue for me, but it was for my wife's knee.

there are elevators for those with knee or other issues   😉

• 2 years later...
On 10/6/2020 at 4:18 AM, Glenndale said:

On Marina and Riviera we like to book the extended balcony cabins which are B grade.

If there are no extended balconies left to book I like a cabin close to the concierge lounge for an early morning coffee.

On the R class ships we enjoy the aft facing cabins which are A grade.

As to getting 2 tops in the specialities, who knows what the future holds with regards to seating arrangements in the restaurants?

WHY do people sleep in the library?

That's an excellent question as to why do people take naps in the library!  I don't normally fall asleep while reading a book ... and if it made me sleepy, I'd probably pick another one.

Oh well ...

• Haha 1

Regarding cabins close to the concierge lounge. There were a couple right across from the lounge available on the itinerary we booked. I steered clear of them due to what I thought might me hall traffic noise/people talking. Was that an incorrect way to think? 
I think the retreat looks like a nice quiet place to escape sometimes? 

Vineyard,

You are on Oceania, not a ship full of kids and party animals.  Whether by the Concierge Lounge or Executive Lounge on Riviera, Marina or Vista, I have not encountered lots of loud guests.  Even rooms near the stairs and elevators are not normally noisy and we have been one or two rooms away from all those locations. We actually have friends who specifically book by the Lounge because they are early risers and he loves to get his 5:00 a.m. coffee and read each morning.
One time we were assigned an PH about two rooms forward of the front stairwell and that has turned out to be a favorite location.  No one walks past our room unless they are headed to their room, no bar traffic or restaurant traffic. 
Keep enjoying that cruise.

Mauibabes

On 10/5/2020 at 12:20 PM, cloudchaser said:

We're booking first time on Oceania and wonder about the difference between a veranda and concierge level veranda.  Is the extra money worth the upgrade.  Your opinion will be appreciated.

My favorite reason for the Concierge level veranda is: Unlimited access to the Aquamar Spa Terrace

We were on the Insignia going through the Panama Canal. Even though the Insignia is a smaller ship, and does not have the Concierge Lounge, we LOVED being on the Spa Terrace while going through the canal. We could hear the commentary, and had the best view of the action. There was spa water to drink, shaded seating, and easy access to bathrooms. Absolutely ideal, and I am GLAD we paid the price for that amenity.

We also had a Concierge Veranda room on the Marina during our Baltic cruise, and enjoyed popping into the C-Lounge for snacks, to read the newspaper, and extra cappuccinos for me😉

So, it all depends. What do you value? And what ship will you be on? What will make you happiest, and is it worth the extra price for you?

• Like 2

Sailed Riviera A4 12/2021 and Sirena B2 11/2022. We enjoyed both. We booked both due to itineraries and price. The larger O-class ship has the Concierge Lounge, unlike the smaller R-class ships. I did enjoy going to it daily. BUT we paid only $2099 PP on Riviera versus $2249 PP for Sirena. The first cruise was booked off the 2021 Presidents' Day Sale.

We have 20 more nights on Riviera in the Med coming up later in 2023. We have 10 nights in an A3 and 10 nights in a B3. We'll enjoy them both. We've also got a "big" C booked for Sirena later in 2024 for a Baltic Cruise. Also, more what price we can pay for the best cabin at the best sale price!

We noticed that on our itinerary it wasn’t a big jump in price for the Concierge category. The aquamarine terrace looks really nice. And early booking for restaurants seemed appealing having found on Viking that it does make a difference - not sure about Oceania. 

Mauibabes, thank you for the cabin recommendations. I may go back to look at availability. It is nice to view from a different lens, so thanks for that. 

Question.  Are you able to have a glass of wine on the Aquamarine terrace? 

5 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

early booking for restaurants seemed appealing having found on Viking that it does make a difference - not sure about Oceania. 

Question.  Are you able to have a glass of wine on the Aquamarine terrace? 

Yes, it makes a difference on Oceania also. 

You can have a glass of wine on the Aquamar Terrace if you take it with you. There is no service there. 

5 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Thank you ORV. Good to know about the terrace. I will check out the closest bar!
Speaking of which, does it get crowded on sea days at the terrace with Concierge having unlimited access?

Not ORV but

it may be busy in the afternoon  but there is no shade  on Marina/Riviera   so depends on  how many people like to bake to death

it is  Concierge & up that have access

27 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

Well that’s really good to know as well. I thought I viewed pictures where there was a shaded area. If not, that is indeed a big difference. 

On the R ships  there is  & I believe the VISTA  have some  shaded areas

I like concierge. Cabins are in good locations.  You get earlier access to specialty dining restaurants.  Like the included laundry.  Don’t like the spa deck. It’s too windy and doesn’t have drink service.  Seldom use concierge lounge or ask concierge for info.  
the big question is are you willing to pay extra for concierge?  It depends.  For me, cabin location matters.  If I can get a regular veranda cabin in a good location, I would not book concierge.

We booked concierge. I like the reservations advantage and location. I thought the terrace was a bigger advantage than it sounds. I don’t think the difference in price on our particular itinerary was all that different so we figured it would be worth it. This is all good to know for the future.