Using FCC for deposit?

trvlwrld

Pause 4 - double deposit as FCC

our PVP kept extending the due date for a cruise ( 4/2021 ) we had on a 'courtesy hold' until our FCC was credited to our 

account , then applied to that cruise ( cruise fare paid in full, plus extra 'left over' ) and no deposit was required 

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I have 3 FCC.  2 are from Pause 1 and read only:  "Sail By 05/01/22"

The other is from a non-refundable deposit for which I canceled.  I was surprised to get anything back but either way, the description is different and reads:  "Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22"

I'm not sure but I'm assuming that the fact that it reads "Book By..." designates that as usable for a deposit whereas the others can only subsequently used for the rest of the cruise fare.  For anyone who can confirm or knows better, please chime in.

Based on what I see in my account, the "Sail By 05/01/22" was for when the cruise had been paid in full and the "Book By 05/01/22 and Sail By 05/01/22" was for when the cruise had not yet been paid in full (deposit of any size).

No proof that is the difference, but maybe others who had either paid in full or had just a deposit can verify or say it is not correct.

I  have never trusted all those FCC points. I mean seriously, we have just leared that this thing expires and if you take into account the current situation with cruise cancelation I doubt there will be a chance to use those credits in the first place

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I  have never trusted all those FCC points. I mean seriously, we have just leared that this thing expires and if you take into account the current situation with cruise cancelation I doubt there will be a chance to use those credits in the first place

Give the cruise lines some credit for integrity; they will probably extend the expiration date...and we didn't "just learn" that they expire...

They already extended the expiration on the bonus gift cards that people had paid for cruises...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are 2 types of FCC: that given equal to amount paid & goodwill FCC which is the bonus FCC. The 1st type can be refunded / the 2nd type either expires or is forfeited when the reimbursement FCC is cashed out. So if you have changed your mind or simply don't want it, cash it in. I'm using mine

21 hours ago, Ombud said:

There are 2 types of FCC: that given equal to amount paid & goodwill FCC which is the bonus FCC. The 1st type can be refunded / the 2nd type either expires or is forfeited when the reimbursement FCC is cashed out. So if you have changed your mind or simply don't want it, cash it in. I'm using mine

there are more then 2 types. My FCC are non refundable and have expiry date of Dec 31/21. 

13 minutes ago, dog said:

there are more then 2 types. My FCC are non refundable and have expiry date of Dec 31/21. 

Are they bonus FCC? I have bonus FCC with that date but then I got a full credit card refund & those FCC from a canceled Grand Princess cruise

Edit: oops .... I think FCC from before CDC pause are completely different again 🤔 

Edited by Ombud

5 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Are they bonus FCC? I have bonus FCC with that date but then I got a full credit card refund & those FCC from a canceled Grand Princess cruise

No, they are for the amount I paid for cruise I cancelled day before sail g March 7 th. No bonus given. 

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

so you just forfeit?? Totally unfair!!

I will try to use it. Hope they will extend to 2022 if they don’t sail in 2021. 
I feel they were fair since cancelled day before cruise, in Ft Lauderdale just as virus outbreak was known there 

Our new booking on the Crown- Alaska for July 17, 2021 would not allow the FCCs to be used as the deposit. I had two FCDs for my deposit. . Since the cabin category we booked requires an $800 deposit l only had to use $200 in FCDs, get the OBCs from them and Princess had agree to the promised 25% goodwill FCC posting. One really needs to be extremely versed in these Princess policy as well as extremely organized to keep track of your credits. I have a separate file from three cruises for airline credits, refunds, FCCs, FCDs, OBCs and goodwill credits. I don't even want to talk about the gift card and bonus card situation but its now my new hobby in retirement LOL. I will say that Princess has been very fair in keeping me whole as far as any losses thus far.

• Like 1