NO SAIL ORDER EXTENDED

skyking

Royal Caribbean Announces Global Suspension Of Cruising

At Royal Caribbean International, our guests and crew's safety and well-being are always our top priorities. After further consulting with our partners at Cruise Lines International Association and in conjunction with the CDC, we have decided to extend the suspension of sailings for our global fleet for all sailings through November 30th, 2020. Our goal is to resume operations on December 1st, 2020

It will continue again until the end of the year  , I said this long long long time ago when people where oh we will sail in Aug , then Sept then Oct. Nobody is going anywhere until they get a vaccine. But hey what do I know .  

Edited by frito58
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, frito58 said:

It will continue again until the end of the year  , I said this long long long time ago when people where oh we will sail in Aug , then Sept then Oct. Nobody is going anywhere until they get a vaccine. But hey what do I know .  

I agree with you.  As long as cases are rising, cruising isn't going to start back up.  I have no idea what to expect with Covid this winter, but my guess has always been that nothing is going to happen until spring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Spring 2021 would be a miracle. Realistically a widely available vaccine to the masses won't be until summer 2021.

We have a Feb cruise which  I found doubtful at this point . I do  Hold some hope for an April TA but who knows . Dr Faucci seemed pretty optimistic about a couple of the vaccines by the end of the year starting to roll out and he acted like by early part of 21 they would mass available. But like you I will wait and see,. 

I'm pretty surprised they decided to cancel Quantum's entire season in Singapore for the rest of 20/21 season given that she's right outside the port limit.  That seems like quite a bold move given how Singapore is an accessible port for mass crew embarkation. Also I would think that the South East Asia region would be more likely in opening up cruises to international brands sooner from Covid. Now this means that they either have no faith in cruising globally for another 5 months or so, or there's some other reason behind this decision. What a sad day to read this news.. sigh...

https://www.*****.com/2020/10/07/royal-caribbean-cancels-quantum-of-the-seas-cruises-through-march-2021?fbclid=IwAR1VjVlsQJ6HnxYkpx2e1ZWZa5ZzvPZ5WUd_CWWZyKQgWq3XJSRRgFXpeCE

5 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

given that she's right outside the port limit

Doubt her location made any diff in this decision - she's been in the area on/off for months. It is also unusual since she has mostly short sailings, the kind that are compatible with return to cruising.

Edited by Biker19

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Doubt her location made any diff in this decision - she's been in there area on/off for months. It is also unusual since she has mostly short sailings, the kind that are compatible with return to cruising.

Yes, that means there's no RCL representation in the market this entire year and this coming season. Makes me wonder whether it's part of their bigger ship reshuffling plan? But then again, this region is pretty irrelevant to Europe and North America.

Edited by Ethanol95

8 hours ago, Ethanol95 said:

I'm pretty surprised they decided to cancel Quantum's entire season in Singapore for the rest of 20/21 season given that she's right outside the port limit.  That seems like quite a bold move given how Singapore is an accessible port for mass crew embarkation. Also I would think that the South East Asia region would be more likely in opening up cruises to international brands sooner from Covid. Now this means that they either have no faith in cruising globally for another 5 months or so, or there's some other reason behind this decision. What a sad day to read this news.. sigh...

https://www.*****.com/2020/10/07/royal-caribbean-cancels-quantum-of-the-seas-cruises-through-march-2021?fbclid=IwAR1VjVlsQJ6HnxYkpx2e1ZWZa5ZzvPZ5WUd_CWWZyKQgWq3XJSRRgFXpeCE

Another possibility is that Royal is planning to operate cruises to nowhere with Quantum (and thus cancelled all itineraries with a port stop outside Singapore). The government announced plans to allow cruise lines to do this, and on RC's website, it seems like some itineraries departing Singapore are available to book. Certainly hoping this happens.

Another possibility is that Royal is planning to operate cruises to nowhere with Quantum (and thus cancelled all itineraries with a port stop outside Singapore). The government announced plans to allow cruise lines to do this, and on RC's website, it seems like some itineraries departing Singapore are available to book. Certainly hoping this happens.
Yep just read this news too. Looks like this is very likely now alont with other regional cruise lines like dream cruises to nowhere also!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

On 10/6/2020 at 10:43 AM, frito58 said:

Nobody is going anywhere until they get a vaccine. But hey what do I know . 

A vaccine will only be effective if people take the vaccine. And the effectiveness is greater than the 50% minimum. 

And by people, I refer to the 7.6B people of the world. Not just the  6.8M people in Tennessee. Even the vice presidential candidate just said she was not willing to take the vaccine. 

11 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

A vaccine will only be effective if people take the vaccine. And the effectiveness is greater than the 50% minimum. 

And by people, I refer to the 7.6B people of the world. Not just the  6.8M people in Tennessee. Even the vice presidential candidate just said she was not willing to take the vaccine. 

Oh come on - that is not what she said.  She said if the doctors told her to take the vaccine she would but if the president told her to do it she would not. Same vaccine, different messengers.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Really wow I never would have figured that out on my own , thanks for point that out ... LOL