Mardi Gras technology

cwtravel

We used the WOW bands on the Royal Harmony last year. Easy to wear and use to open cabin doors, make purchases, or get drinks.. The only thing that it was finicky in working correctly with was the slot machines. I'd love to see Carnival integrate it on the main stream line. 

14 hours ago, BenjiRodney said:

If it is personalized with ship and sail date fine, I will take it, if not, keep the card.  I have them going back to 1995 and keep them as a souvenir.

For the first time ever, on my last Carnival cruise, which was August of 2019 on the Horizon, after the final swipe disembarking the ship, all of the sail and sign cards were tossed into a box, obviously to be recycled. So, no souvenir for us.😡

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

For the first time ever, on my last Carnival cruise, which was August of 2019 on the Horizon, after the final swipe disembarking the ship, all of the sail and sign cards were tossed into a box, obviously to be recycled. So, no souvenir for us.😡

Ever since I read about that possibility many years ago except it was deemed a "security situation" instead of recycling, I always strategically lose one towards the end of the cruise.

Edited by xDisconnections

32 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Not on our Horizon cruise, or I was oblivious to it. And not on Panorama.

11 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

We were on Breeze in Sept 2019, and got to keep our cards.  :shrug:

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

Much ado about nothing. There is no greater benefit to the passenger than a sign and sail card offers. Originally developed by a crowd of shopping center veterans to increase sales and positively identify and track shoppers. It gathers information many probably would not want splashed around. How much you drink, food consumed, location on the ship, which shops you frequent, what activities you enjoy, and (the ladies will appreciate this one) the system uses load cells in the floor to determine your weight. This is a "security" feature as an additional way to determine it is actually you, and not someone who found your OM. It is expensive to install,  floods the ship with RF energy, and requires techs to keep it working.  

I'll stick with the card. 

23 hours ago, sjcruiser said:

We used the WOW bands on the Royal Harmony last year. Easy to wear and use to open cabin doors, make purchases, or get drinks.. The only thing that it was finicky in working correctly with was the slot machines. I'd love to see Carnival integrate it on the main stream line. 

I noticed that too about the WOW bands.  They were hit and miss when trying to use them on the slot machines.  Other than that, I really liked the option.  The last time I went to Disney World, we used the bands too and it was so much easier than dealing with a pass.

Edited by TNcruising02

I was wondering, pre Covid, if Mardi Gras would utilize wrist bands like Disney and RCCL.  I think now is the time to really consider it.  hands free might be the way to go. 

hmmmm?? oh and please pick up Muster 2.0 - I would love to avoid the crowds. 

15 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I noticed that too about the WOW bands.  They were hit and miss when trying to use them on the slot machines.  Other than that, I really liked the option.  The last time I went to Disney World, we used the bands too and it was so much easier than dealing with a pass.

15 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

The slots attendance told us it was a technical issue with some of the bands. My spouses worked fine each and every time though.