Oasis 12916 - Promenade View Interior??

Hello,

I am booked on Oasis next year and called and switched to what I was told was a Promenade Interior View - room 12916. My invoice says it's a Promenade Interior View as well. But looking at the deck plans, I don't see how that is even possible??

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2063/12

29 minutes ago, sarahs06790 said:

Hello,

I am booked on Oasis next year and called and switched to what I was told was a Promenade Interior View - room 12916. My invoice says it's a Promenade Interior View as well. But looking at the deck plans, I don't see how that is even possible??

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/oasis-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2063/12

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Maybe RCI's naming hasn't caught up with the dry dock change - that looks like one of the new cabins where the DL was overlooking the boardwalk. @Ourusualbeach probably has the answer.

Both 12926 and 12818 are boardwalk view.  Those were cabins added last

year During the amplification.  On some ships they are called Promenade view and others they are called Boardwalk view. Even the ones on deck 7 are called promenade view. 

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Both 12926 and 12818 are boardwalk view.  Those were cabins added last

year During the amplification.  On some ships they are called Promenade view and others they are called Boardwalk view. Even the ones on deck 7 are called promenade view. 

So is 12916 boardwalk view too? Is the room smaller (140 sq ft) versus a true promenade view interior (191 sq ft)?

15 hours ago, sarahs06790 said:

Hello,

The plans do not always correspond to what actually is onboard the ship. I think its somehow connected with confidentiality of information or something. In any case, you should be worrying about it. You will be given the desired cabin anyway. So have a nice cruise ! 

Just now, Biker19 said:

What am I missing -12916 seems to be in the same spot on both deck plans?

Yes and it is a promenade view or boardwalk view whatever you want to call it.  The cabins on either side of the card room utilized the windows from the old DL and became promenade views.

your deck plan showed it in brown labelled as a regular interior which it is not.

18 hours ago, sarahs06790 said:

So is 12916 boardwalk view too? Is the room smaller (140 sq ft) versus a true promenade view interior (191 sq ft)?

6 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, that deck plan is incorrect.

5B5EE08C-284A-4744-9305-2C53A47A95E1.jpeg

I would suggest you move to a central park view .  So much nicer and you do not have to worry about the noise.  Price should be the same.  The room is larger.

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

your deck plan showed it in brown labelled as a regular interior which it is not.

I think the OP was only worried about location, which it is clearly a Boardwalk view, regardless of what RCI calls it these days.

7 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the OP was only worried about location, which it is clearly a Boardwalk view, regardless of what RCI calls it these days.

The reason I said your deck plan  was wrong was because of the fact that it showed 12916 as an interior cabin not a view cabin.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The reason I said your deck plan  was wrong was because of the fact that it showed 12916 as an interior cabin not a view cabin.

I think we established early on that the labeling of the cabin is wrong, even your deck plan is wrong in that regard - it does not face the promenade.

31 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think we established early on that the labeling of the cabin is wrong, even your deck plan is wrong in that regard - it does not face the promenade.

Roysl has called many of the cabins facing the boardwalk promenade cabins and has since the ships came out.  I just get in the habit of calling them as they are labelled.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed in 11914, which is the exact same room as 12916 but one floor down, back in Jan of this year. Can confirm that it has a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the boardwalk. I recently posted a picture of the view from that room in another thread if you're curious.

3 hours ago, SSMEX said:

I stayed in 11914, which is the exact same room as 12916 but one floor down, back in Jan of this year. Can confirm that it has a floor-to-ceiling window overlooking the boardwalk. I recently posted a picture of the view from that room in another thread if you're curious.

Actually that sounds pretty awesome.