Balcony Discount reveal?

Set to go

Good Morning, I recently booked a cruise this week and upon receiving my invoice it showed CAS Balcony Suite discount for $100.  I assumed that this is the $100 I get for being platinum member and booking a balcony room.  This morning it appeared that the price may have dropped so I called.  I was told that I would get $5 off (whatever).  When I got the invoice it no longer listed the above discount so I called again and spoke with a rather rude agent who indicated that the balcony discount is not listed on the invoice and she was unable to explain what CAS balcony suite on my previous invoice was.  In fact, other than today’s invoice that had been sent with the $5 drop, she said I had no other invoice!  Really? Because I’m holding it in my hand as we speak!   She would not pass me on to another agent when I asked and I have to say this call left a bad taste in my mouth!

anyhoo....is the balcony discount listed on the invoice?  Is it taken off the fare?  Any help is appreciated

Diane

1 hour ago, Set to go said:

Good Morning, I recently booked a cruise this week and upon receiving my invoice it showed CAS Balcony Suite discount for $100.  I assumed that this is the $100 I get for being platinum member and booking a balcony room.  This morning it appeared that the price may have dropped so I called.  I was told that I would get $5 off (whatever).  When I got the invoice it no longer listed the above discount so I called again and spoke with a rather rude agent who indicated that the balcony discount is not listed on the invoice and she was unable to explain what CAS balcony suite on my previous invoice was.  In fact, other than today’s invoice that had been sent with the $5 drop, she said I had no other invoice!  Really? Because I’m holding it in my hand as we speak!   She would not pass me on to another agent when I asked and I have to say this call left a bad taste in my mouth!

anyhoo....is the balcony discount listed on the invoice?  Is it taken off the fare?  Any help is appreciated

Diane

The balcony discount it turns out is not a specific amt of money. ...big disappointment. So one time

I might get nothing off if the sale is up to $500 off it's more than my balcony discount, so I get 0. Another sale I might get $80 off, and max I've seen is $180.

It depends on the sale as all discounts get taken off my diamond balcony discount. Aggravates me that rcl site doesnt just know what level I am from my number and calculate it, but I have to ask my ta. 

Never the same twice. I think the sale now is up to $500 off so that's likely why you got 0

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Ridiculous head shaking question of the day:

I keep seeing "group bookings" or terms like this....... is that a block of rooms a TA holds? 

Its not actual rooms.  It is space within a category that TA's can block off (usually when sailings are first released) but can be at any time.  Refundable rates are usually less that non refundable rates direct on royals consumer site.  TA's can hold these until 6 months or 4 months prior to sailing depending on sales.  The downside is that they can only hold double occupancy cabins and it is usually the 2 lowest categories in each supercategory but that varies a bit.  No suites can be held

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Its not actual rooms.  It is space within a category that TA's can block off (usually when sailings are first released) but can be at any time.  Refundable rates are usually less that non refundable rates direct on royals consumer site.  TA's can hold these until 6 months or 4 months prior to sailing depending on sales.  The downside is that they can only hold double occupancy cabins and it is usually the 2 lowest categories in each supercategory but that varies a bit.  No suites can be held

Ahhh...... so anyone (possibly me) who always books a KSF "quad?" cabin for 2 adults, 2 kids, who hopes to one day run into a really good TA onboard to get some contact details (possibly *ahem*) wouldn't have use for a group booking then?

1 minute ago, NateUpNorth said:

Ahhh...... so anyone (possibly me) who always books a KSF "quad?" cabin for 2 adults, 2 kids, who hopes to one day run into a really good TA onboard to get some contact details (possibly *ahem*) wouldn't have use for a group booking then?

Your kids will soon get older and you will enjoy 2 cabins at group rates for not much more than what you pay for 1.  sometimes even with KSF.  Small perk but there is usually at least $50 OBC for the group

13 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

As mentioned above group rates seem to have refundable deposits without extra cost, which during covid might be a advantage.

13 minutes ago, Set to go said:

The question is how do you find an agent that offers group rates?  

diane

Call different agencies, ask people you meet on board.

The larger the agency the more group space they will hold as Royal limits the number of groups allowed based on previous sales. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:55 AM, molly361 said:

There may be other promos on there that are greater in value than your balcony discount.  If that is the case the system gives you the higher discount and NOT the balcony one

I'm seeing this, too.  I priced balconies and JS cabins this morning.  None of them had the CAS balcony discount showing with the current flash sale going on.