Anytime dining

Travelw

Does Celebrity allow reservations with anytime dining?  We are signed up for Alaska cruise, early dining is full and 8:30 is too late for our group to eat.  Princess and NCL take reservations for times during anytime dining.

Thanks for any info.

Dennis

1 hour ago, Travelw said:

Does Celebrity allow reservations with anytime dining?  We are signed up for Alaska cruise, early dining is full and 8:30 is too late for our group to eat.  Princess and NCL take reservations for times during anytime dining.

Thanks for any info.

Dennis

You can select waiting list for the first seating

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Unless dining changes when cruising reopens.  Would expect lots of changes as a line waiting for tables in select would be a problem.

We will all see in the coming months what changes will actually happen instead of just speculation.

I am also concerned if the Select Dining option would be be removed. If so, that could would be a deal breaker for us. Early is too early and late is to late. The reservations option for Select has worked perfectly for us since we switched back from AQ. As much as we like Blu we just got tired of having to wait for a table anytime after 6:30.  

3 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

I am also concerned if the Select Dining option would be be removed. If so, that could would be a deal breaker for us. Early is too early and late is to late. The reservations option for Select has worked perfectly for us since we switched back from AQ. As much as we like Blu we just got tired of having to wait for a table anytime after 6:30.  

If anything, IMHO it is more likely than ever that they will go with Select dining, perhaps with reservations only.  The last thing they will want initially is for herds of people to be lining up at one of two dining times.  I don't think you have anything to worry about

2 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

I would not worry.  Since all dining will be served with hours extended you are likely to have different hours and select dining could maybe have 3 seatings as well.

As said before lots of changes coming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Travelw said:

Thanks for any info.

Dennis

Yes. We always select our dining times in our CP when we first book our cruises to ensure we get our preferred dining time for SD. 

• Like 1

I always pre booked my dining before sailing for 7pm. Early was too early, especially if we had been on a lengthy excursion and late was too late.

When I tried to pre book for 1st August cruise  at the end of March 2020, I could only book the first night.Not sure why, but of course this was cancelled along with the cruise.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:05 AM, emmas gran said:

The OP is talking about his "GROUP" how many bookings can be linked for select dining??

Our group/family were made up of 4 cabins and nine people. Our TA linked the 4 cabins together and set up our select dining for 6:30 every night. 

We did Alaska in 2019 with Anytime dinning. We chose to go to the MDR every night about 6:30 to 6:45 and got immediately seated every night with no problems. We were only a party of 3 and we asked to get seated at larger tables to meet more fellow passengers, this helped in getting immediately seated. The line at 5:30 was always long as many want to get seated when the dinning room opens.

Edited by terrydtx