Bras

shipgeeks

I hate wearing bras - and only wear non-underwired ones - which basically gives   me only one brand to buy in NZ.  Since Covid I find it takes me longer and longer to get out of PJs and into clothes and a bra! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I hate wearing bras but do because the look without is 'yeek!'  I can't find a bra that is comfortable and supportive--can't stand anything tight, so that's a big part of the problem.

Wish I could wear the cami-type bra, but not enough support.  I like front close but almost impossible to find unless you are plus-sized.  It doesn't help that I am far from anywhere with a good bra fitter.

I was probably the only Jr. High girl who didn't want to start wearing a bra!

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

9 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

I hate wearing bras but do because the look without is 'yeek!'  I can't find a bra that is comfortable and supportive--can't stand anything tight, so that's a big part of the problem.

Wish I could wear the cami-type bra, but not enough support.  I like front close but almost impossible to find unless you are plus-sized.  It doesn't help that I am far from anywhere with a good bra fitter.

I was probably the only Jr. High girl who didn't want to start wearing a bra!

Good morning.......I have found the opposite (about front closures).......I have found if you are a plus size it is almost impossible to find a front closure bra that fits.......whenever I have seen them, they seem to be for women who are much smaller in size.  How strange is that?

Do you live near a Dillard's? They have a one of the best undergarment selections of any store I have ever shopped in. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Good morning.......I have found the opposite (about front closures).......I have found if you are a plus size it is almost impossible to find a front closure bra that fits.......whenever I have seen them, they seem to be for women who are much smaller in size.  How strange is that?

Do you live near a Dillard's? They have a one of the best undergarment selections of any store I have ever shopped in. 

Well that is strange!  I actually can't find front close at all unless with giant wide straps, no underwire, kind of industrial looking.  I'm not big, but as my 94 year old mom used to say, I'm a 36C double long!  Thank you, age!  (76)

I see a few sports bras with front closures, but the only one I ever bought felt like I was wearing iron, it was so tight and enclosing.

I live 2.5 hours from a Dillards.  Our 'shopping' town of 25,000 is down to Walmart, Penneys and Target for women''s clothes, especially bras.  And some boutique-type shops that cater to a younger set.

I am a stylist for Ruby Ribbon.  It is a bra replacement company.  No underwires.  You step into the product so no front or back closures either.  These work for any size (32A - 50 P).  We only sell in the US.  I am a 36G and have only worn these for the last 6 years.

1 hour ago, suers515 said:

I am a stylist for Ruby Ribbon.  It is a bra replacement company.  No underwires.  You step into the product so no front or back closures either.  These work for any size (32A - 50 P).  We only sell in the US.  I am a 36G and have only worn these for the last 6 years.

Hi, do you have a collection in any dept stores? Or is it strictly on line? 

35 minutes ago, jhsocal said:

Would a bralette work for you? find they are not as tight, more for coverage, not as much support.

Yeah I wish a bralette would work--definitely need more support than that, especially if going out in public!  I also have never been able to find a strapless that works at all.

35 minutes ago, jhsocal said:

Would a bralette work for you? find they are not as tight, more for coverage, not as much support.