Bras

shipgeeks

A quip currently making the rounds indicates that wearing a bra is even less comfortable than wearing a mask; something we would never choose to do.

Am I the only woman who thinks wearing a bra is more comfortable than not wearing one?  I like mine!

• Like 4

I wear one 95% of the time I am out of bed. I will admit that I switched from underwires to sports bras when my company furloughed me in April and haven't gone back. Don't look as good (uniboob) but so much more comfortable.

And count me in for having no idea what a cossie is.

I'm in the camp with the comfortable bras; if you get fitted with the proper size, they shouldn't be uncomfortable.  Unless I'm planning on spending the day in my jammies (usually only on New Year's Day), I wear one daily.  Panty hose . . . a whole different matter.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Have no problem with a proper fitting bra......masks make me crazy, tho.

On 10/31/2020 at 6:51 PM, ger_77 said:

I'm in the camp with the comfortable bras; if you get fitted with the proper size, they shouldn't be uncomfortable.  Unless I'm planning on spending the day in my jammies (usually only on New Year's Day), I wear one daily.  Panty hose . . . a whole different matter.  LOL

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Masks and bras; hate them both.  However............................😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A well-fitting bra is more comfortable than not wearing one (as those of us of a certain age and body type know). It's do hard to find a well-fitting one though.  My biggest fit problems are finding a style that is truly full coverage, but not full-figured; and since I am petite, a lot of bras have the straps and/or cups spaced too far apart.  I have tried many  brands and styles in "my size" ( yes, I have been measured and fitted) and adjacent sizes and I literally have ONE  popular brand style and size that really fits me and is comfortable, I hope they don't discontinue it.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, suers515 said:

I am in the US.  I found a comfortable alternative (that is still supportive) that I wear everyday instead of a bra.

Hi, and what would that be?

I have a concave sternum which makes all bras fit me incorrectly and uncomfortable.  Does anyone else have this issue and have you found a bra that fits correctly?  Underwire fits better than no-wire, but I prefer to go braless at home.

Lisa

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:18 PM, simplelife said:

A well-fitting bra is more comfortable than not wearing one (as those of us of a certain age and body type know). It's do hard to find a well-fitting one though.  My biggest fit problems are finding a style that is truly full coverage, but not full-figured; and since I am petite, a lot of bras have the straps and/or cups spaced too far apart.  I have tried many  brands and styles in "my size" ( yes, I have been measured and fitted) and adjacent sizes and I literally have ONE  popular brand style and size that really fits me and is comfortable, I hope they don't discontinue it.

I’ve switched to buying front closure bras as I got stick to death of spending my days yanking up the straps that had slipped off my shoulders in regular bras. I do use sports bras of various types depending on what I’m doing and wearing. But on a cruise it’s usually a bikini top or tankini top during the day, the bra only gets used in the evenings.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jhsocal said:

Have you ever worn a strapless bra on dress-up night? Was it still on at the end of the evening?

Yes.  Yes.

Newer ones are a vast improvement over the ones that were made when I was in high school!

• 5 months later...