Price of Drinks Packages

pcrum

We are new to RCL, having sailed all major cruise lines other than RCL and Celebrity.  We are currently booked on a TA in December, 2021 on NCL with the alcoholic drink package included in the fare.  We are looking at the Oct. 31, 2021 TA on Harmony of the Seas, Barcelona to Port Canaveral.  To compare costs, I am trying to get the cost of an alcoholic drink package on RCL, which I understand varies from sailing to sailing and what sales are applicable when purchased.  My question is that with a TA cruise with many seas days (we just have one port in a 14 night cruise), does the cost of the drink package increase?  How much should I budget for the drink package for price comparison purposes?  And, does the price of the package include the gratuity?  For instance, if I pay $50/day for the drinks package, am I actually charged 18% above that price for gratuity for a total price of $59/day?

Thank you for any insight.

I'm probably no help. I've done NCL I think 3 times but normally book more last minute when drinks are not included, so I've never had the drink pkg on ncl.

I'm booked next april, and price is stuck at 43 a day, or 51 including internet.

Further out its 51 jjst for drinks for dec 2021, so I'm thinking prices are more further out dates? 

Beer is like $7 or 8.  Shots and liquor drinks are $11-13.  Some specialties are more.

If you are thinking about the deluxe package, keep in mind that includes special coffee's, fresh squeezed juice at breakfast, juice anytime at a bar, and soda.  So, if you are going to get those things between alcohol drinks, add them up too.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm probably no help. I've done NCL I think 3 times but normally book more last minute when drinks are not included, so I've never had the drink pkg on ncl.

I'm booked next april, and price is stuck at 43 a day, or 51 including internet.

Further out its 51 jjst for drinks for dec 2021, so I'm thinking prices are more further out dates? 

Thank you.  And, I suppose it's 18% on top of the price, so for a price of $43 it's actually $50,74/day.  

5 hours ago, pcrum said:

We are new to RCL, having sailed all major cruise lines other than RCL and Celebrity.  We are currently booked on a TA in December, 2021 on NCL with the alcoholic drink package included in the fare.  We are looking at the Oct. 31, 2021 TA on Harmony of the Seas, Barcelona to Port Canaveral.  To compare costs, I am trying to get the cost of an alcoholic drink package on RCL, which I understand varies from sailing to sailing and what sales are applicable when purchased.  My question is that with a TA cruise with many seas days (we just have one port in a 14 night cruise), does the cost of the drink package increase?  How much should I budget for the drink package for price comparison purposes?  And, does the price of the package include the gratuity?  For instance, if I pay $50/day for the drinks package, am I actually charged 18% above that price for gratuity for a total price of $59/day?

Thank you for any insight.

We are on that cruise also. Have you checked the cruise planner today.  It is at $40.00 pp.  $1321 for two including the 18%. One thing to keep in mind is what will covid protocols do to the package. Have read that outside bars will be closed, a time limit will be set for table use inside and no carrying around drinks as you wander through the ship.  If the C&A free drink lounge happy hour is  closed that would add to the wait times at different bars.  Also check out the UDP, it is at $279 pp which works out to under $11.00 per meal when 13 sea day lunches are included.  Hopefully our cruise being in OCT/NOV will see things nearly back to normal. Sea you onboard.. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are on that cruise also. Have you checked the cruise planner today.  It is at $40.00 pp.  $1321 for two including the 18%. One thing to keep in mind is what will covid protocols do to the package. Have read that outside bars will be closed, a time limit will be set for table use inside and no carrying around drinks as you wander through the ship.  If the C&A free drink lounge happy hour is  closed that would add to the wait times at different bars.  Also check out the UDP, it is at $279 pp which works out to under $11.00 per meal when 13 sea day lunches are included.  Hopefully our cruise being in OCT/NOV will see things nearly back to normal. Sea you onboard.. 

$40 a day is about the best I've seen lately. Like I said mine is stuck at 43. 

20201028_102758596.jpeg

20201028_102840148.jpeg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Thanks so much.  We haven't made the switch yet.  Port Canaveral is our home port, so that makes the RCL HOS TA appealing, however the one port stop is what is holding us back.  With the drink package at $40 pp and dining at $279 pp, it prices out slightly cheaper than our NCL cruise (which only includes 5 nights specialty dining).  Comparing a Park Ave balcony to OA ocean view room on NCL.  Decisions, decisions.  

13 minutes ago, pcrum said:

Thanks so much.  We haven't made the switch yet.  Port Canaveral is our home port, so that makes the RCL HOS TA appealing, however the one port stop is what is holding us back.  With the drink package at $40 pp and dining at $279 pp, it prices out slightly cheaper than our NCL cruise (which only includes 5 nights specialty dining).  Comparing a Park Ave balcony to OA ocean view room on NCL.  Decisions, decisions.  

If you have never sailed on Oasis class you will find they are unlike any other ship afloat.  Added bonus on a Oasis class TA is that they sail with 1200 - 1500 fewer kids onboard.  We have sailed three Oasis Class TA'S and they are now our favorite cruise to date.  I just turned 70 and absolutely love the mega ships.  happy cruising

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

If you have never sailed on Oasis class you will find they are unlike any other ship afloat.  Added bonus on a Oasis class TA is that they sail with 1200 - 1500 fewer kids onboard.  We have sailed three Oasis Class TA'S and they are now our favorite cruise to date.  I just turned 70 and absolutely love the mega ships.  happy cruising

Yes, I've heard those ships are fabulous.  We have never sailed RCL.  I'm sure all those sea days would be great to explore the ship, however I do love the Spanish ports also.  My husband would much rather do sea days though, so we will have to think it all through. 

Wow, I never saw drink package more that in 50’s , our February cruise it’s in mid 40’s on Liberty. If anyone is diamond plus you can get 30 percent off if you buy it on the ship, but discount was over 30 percent so we prebought it. 

2 hours ago, George C said:

Wow, I never saw drink package more that in 50’s , our February cruise it’s in mid 40’s on Liberty. If anyone is diamond plus you can get 30 percent off if you buy it on the ship, but discount was over 30 percent so we prebought it. 

My Allure cruise in October has been stuck at $67 since I booked in July and goes to $50 when there has been a sale. Either is too high for me especially when in a suite, but I might consider it at $40.

3 hours ago, George C said:

We have a B2B on Harmony next Oct/Nov.  Current prices are $67 on first leg and $54 on second, not including the 18%.  Two weeks ago they were $44 and $40. UDP on first 7 night leg is $219 with 1 sea day lunch, second 14 night leg with 12 sea day lunches in $279. Prices are all over the place. happy cruising