We are back in business!

KennyFla

Checked a bunch of Jan/Feb sailings on Mera and SS and all if the sudden they all say they are completely sold out. So this is 1.  Website MX, 2.  People jumped all over and it is sold out, or 3.  They are beginning to amend the intineraries for new potential Phase II-III

2 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Checked a bunch of Jan/Feb sailings on Mera and SS and all if the sudden they all say they are completely sold out.

The earliest 2021 Meraviglia sailing that I could find that doesn't show as sold out is in September. 

So this is 1.  Website MX

It is a weekend and...we know how things are with the MSC site on the weekend. 😄

2.  People jumped all over and it is sold out,

I don't think so. People who are eager to sail were probably already booked. 

3.  They are beginning to amend the intineraries for new potential Phase II-III

In my case, one of my bookings lost Dominican Rebublic and has Nassau as a replacement. I don't know when the change was made, though. I only checked after seeing your post because I know that one of my sailings has plenty of available staterooms (I've been looking for family to join us). I also get the orange sold out message. I'm thinking that it's just a glitch. 

11 hours ago, BoundForSea said:

Checked a bunch of Jan/Feb sailings on Mera and SS and all if the sudden they all say they are completely sold out. So this is 1.  Website MX, 2.  People jumped all over and it is sold out, or 3.  They are beginning to amend the intineraries for new potential Phase II-III

Working on 60% capacity likely sold out, going to be a lot of unhappy people with an FCC they cannot use.

21 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Everything now looks normal. 

I think they were just changing from the Halloween sale to this current offering.  Except the US cancellation section is now gone.

• Thanks 1

I suspect cancellations forthcoming in the next few days. NCL just joined Virgin and cancelled through the end of December.  IMO: The CDC "conditions to resume" (or whatever the formal name is) have pretty much guaranteed sailing will be postponed into 2021. If you read the document, the conditions are much more extensive than the conditions to sail in Europe were.

On 10/30/2020 at 7:16 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Once all phases are completed, the cdc has stated that IF covid is found onboard all passengers must immediately quarantine and noNcommercial transportation will be used after the cruise. IMO- That restriction Alone will keep the masses from cruising for a long long while. 

BD6AC1FC-BCF5-4F45-BAC6-199307B1A462.jpeg

and this is exactly why I am done cruising for at least a year, perhaps two (or longer)

5 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

and this is exactly why I am done cruising for at least a year, perhaps two (or longer)

Yep: IMO #5 under minimum standards is a deal breaker if cruise lines are required to do what they did with Zaandam passengers.

And that pesky "Technical instruction" sheet is still being developed.

I admire those of you with hope for an early January departure, but I'm not seeing how that is possible given the Framework for Conditional sailing. I do hope I'm wrong, but I am continuing to suggest a plan B vacation for anyone departing in Q1 of 2021.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

That is only when the quantity of Covid-19 passengers reach a certain threshold, maybe 10%?

On the December 12th sailing that I am booked, the number of available rooms is at least 70%.

Edited by Geobugs

15 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

That is only when the quantity of Covid-19 passengers reach a certain threshold, maybe 10%?

On the December 12th sailing that I am booked, the number of available rooms is at least 70%.

Do you have a source for the threshold number at 10%??? As far as I can tell, The number has yet to be released and I believe it is part of the "Technical Instructions"

Maybe I totally misunderstood your post, but I highly double that the CDC is allowing Covid19 passeneger infection rate to reach 10% before enacting the "Minimal Standards for Management of Passenger and Crew..." sectional requirements.  The threshold for reporting Noro was 2% (or was it .2%?). I expect the threshold for Covid19 will me much less than the threshold for Noro.

3 minutes ago, Geobugs said:

I am guessing the threshold, hence the "maybe ?" after the sentence.

Of course, we are all guessing. I just thought that 10% was a very high guess,  as I can't see anyway possible where the CDC will allow 10% infection rate before a quarantine is required. However; none of us really know until they release the technical sheet so I respect your guess.

Since we are playing the guessing game, I'm guessing the threshold comes in more along the lines of 1 or 2 cases  (not %).

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Yep: IMO #5 under minimum standards is a deal breaker if cruise lines are required to do what they did with Zaandam passengers.

And that pesky "Technical instruction" sheet is still being developed.

I admire those of you with hope for an early January departure, but I'm not seeing how that is possible given the Framework for Conditional sailing. I do hope I'm wrong, but I am continuing to suggest a plan B vacation for anyone departing in Q1 of 2021.

my plan B has been an all-inclusive all along. And it is to the point that we are considering purchasing a timeshare on the resale market. We are mid 30’s and *might* be totally done cruising depending on how much the experience changes. 

Edited by UPNYGuy

4 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

my plan B has been an all-inclusive all along. And it is to the point that we are considering purchasing a timeshare on the resale market. We are mid 30’s and might be totally done cruising depending on how much the experience changes. 

Nice plan B. My sister-in-law purchased a time share in their 30's. At that time I thought they were crazy. She is in her 70's now and has absolutely no regrets as it proved to be a decent financial decision considering how much they travel. 

On 10/31/2020 at 1:52 PM, sidari said:

And when one is not found ? Normal vaccines take years to produce not months!

Yes Sidari, you maybe correct and if so that means delaying cruising for even longer.  I am too old to expose my health to save the cruise industry, future holidays will be land based which I truly regret.

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Agree.  But, what will the post-Covid "reality" be like?

Post-covid?

I'm looking to the post-idiot period. Where the truth is known. Scientists and doctors are respected. Professionals can do their job without interference.

IMO, the only way we can cruise without disruption, is from low risk areas. Otherwise, the infected are bound to get through screening. Thirteen infected on a small ship with 72 passengers...

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5705/

Life on the sea will be similar to life on land. Distancing and masking. Taking care of each other despite our separation.

Balconies will be important (as we entertain ourselves). As well as a lot of calm and patience. We'll get through this.

• Like 1

Back in business?  Go to the Port of Miami or Port Everglades on Saturday or Sunday and tell me how many cruise ships and passengers you see at the port.  Ok, perhaps that is a stretch.  So do it a month from now and you will get the same result.  A big Zero.  So no, back in business is not applicable to the cruise industry.  What we have are guidelines (compare to a blueprint) that might (I emphasize might) ultimately result in a few 7 day (or shorter) cruises on ships that are about half full.  And you are not going to see that for at least 2 months...if then.  And those are the facts.

Hank

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Back in business?  Go to the Port of Miami or Port Everglades on Saturday or Sunday and tell me how many cruise ships and passengers you see at the port.  Ok, perhaps that is a stretch.  So do it a month from now and you will get the same result.  A big Zero.  So no, back in business is not applicable to the cruise industry.  What we have are guidelines (compare to a blueprint) that might (I emphasize might) ultimately result in a few 7 day (or shorter) cruises on ships that are about half full.  And you are not going to see that for at least 2 months...if then.  And those are the facts.

Hank

I think they will still try and drag it out until March! Even Canada has the ports closed until the end of February.

On 10/30/2020 at 2:04 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Also, there are three phases before passengers can board. I'm paraphrasing of course:

Phase 1: Adequate safety for crew plus additional testing

Phase 2: Simulated voyages to test protocols 

Phase 3: Phased in return of passengers

The next logical question is how long is each phase? One day? One week? four weeks? 

For those who wish to be insured, I believe level three makes any regular health travel insurance policy void (obviously check with your individual provider): "The CDC still has its Level 3 travel notice for cruise ships in place, which warns against anyone taking a cruise because of the high risk of COVID-19 infection on ships."

I purchased insurance through my travel agent and the "covered reasons" includes delays due to quarantine, and trip cancellation due to COVID related sickness or cruise line default due to COVID. I hope that is enough to cover my cruise in March 2021.