The Daily for Saturday Oct 31, 2020

richwmn

30 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

That's a spooky looking Halloween display.  Is that a skull ice sculpture I see?

It reminded me of the sugar skull string art piece my daughter makes.  She likes to craft and sells a lot of her work as a sideline.  Here's an example of one.  (hope it shows up - not able to use my usual method to copy it).

Sugar skull.jpg

Very cool!  And good eyes - I did not even notice the ice sculpture!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! I love the quote. Too bad both my DD’s are too big and too far away to make them wear sweaters - I’m a bit chilly. @kazu In my books, you have won all pumpkin carving contests hands down! The Japanese knot bag made from a botanical print fabric was a success! Now I know what all the ladies on my Christmas list are getting this year.

57F1063E-9621-4FBF-ABD4-BF5AD34DAD30.jpeg

0FE3ACF0-7A17-4EF4-B0D1-4D619DFF664E.jpeg

198EF7C3-00BA-4963-AE61-E8F86D49932C.jpeg

Those are beyond lovely.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, shrimpboat123 said:

Although this sunset isn't technically on a cruise, it is on a ferry, crossing the Kennebecasis River in New Brunswick tonight. Closest we'll be to cruising for some time! 🙂

image.thumb.png.5235d1003f4f7677bcce72bf4dc54130.png

All the more special! Thank you for sharing.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

That, and problems with dinner time!

For sure 🙂 I have been gradually moving my dogs over to 1/2 hour later but DH forgets and gets in the way.  Once he says “dinner” we’re done.  My dogs are too smart and they know the word.

heck they know the word for walk in English, Spanish and French now.  

Tomorrow will be fun.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the daily, Rich, Roy and all the people who share every day. It's been a good day and we had more kids for Halloween than in the past 5 years. The kids had a ball, and DD who took over giving out the candy, did as well. We are blessed to live in our little village.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask. 😷

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. 

Saturday is always full for us because the DGD spends Friday nights with us. So this morning she decided to make ghosts. 👻

82BF625B-95AF-4CE7-B269-EDA4DE03DE11.thumb.jpeg.1ecd74b689919f8f88409c8d04c17daa.jpeg

We found fondant at the grocery store and she used lady fingers as the base. Then she decided to do Halloween makeup:

38683F97-67E5-4D5A-A598-435F383BA8BA.thumb.jpeg.5fdca79c390bc02ed8bd288f444b0318.jpeg

Then she decided she needed to change it up:

554CFDE9-7366-4CE3-A85A-742CDD460302.thumb.jpeg.98a24b4473b43b75182c2ee190ef3aa9.jpeg

Happy Halloween! 🎃👻

C5CF46F8-9BBF-4FFD-8BC2-FA333BD9443F.thumb.jpeg.69bb520fea11fc6ad8a847b990f26a61.jpeg

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your list Roy. 

Saturday is always full for us because the DGD spends Friday nights with us. So this morning she decided to make ghosts. 👻

82BF625B-95AF-4CE7-B269-EDA4DE03DE11.thumb.jpeg.1ecd74b689919f8f88409c8d04c17daa.jpeg

We found fondant at the grocery store and she used lady fingers as the base. Then she decided to do Halloween makeup:

38683F97-67E5-4D5A-A598-435F383BA8BA.thumb.jpeg.5fdca79c390bc02ed8bd288f444b0318.jpeg

Then she decided she needed to change it up:

554CFDE9-7366-4CE3-A85A-742CDD460302.thumb.jpeg.98a24b4473b43b75182c2ee190ef3aa9.jpeg

Happy Halloween! 🎃👻

C5CF46F8-9BBF-4FFD-8BC2-FA333BD9443F.thumb.jpeg.69bb520fea11fc6ad8a847b990f26a61.jpeg

Sharon so love it!!! Reminds me so much of our daughter at her age!!! Very creative with her lady fingers too!! Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your DGD!!

sincerely

Denise🎃

PS we have no trick or treaters here! We are what you would call in  Lock down for anything  right now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kazu said:

For sure 🙂 I have been gradually moving my dogs over to 1/2 hour later but DH forgets and gets in the way.  Once he says “dinner” we’re done.  My dogs are too smart and they know the word.

heck they know the word for walk in English, Spanish and French now.  

Tomorrow will be fun.

I can sympathize.  Our dachshund knew go in many languages including gehen, German for go.  You can’t tell me dogs don’t understand words.

Lenda 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I can sympathize.  Our dachshund knew go in many languages including gehen, German for go.  You can’t tell me dogs don’t understand words.

Lenda 

I totally agree.  These dogs are trilingual and there is no hiding words.

Despite what Cesar Milan says, I also think they know more than just a word.  I think they get certain sentences and things we are saying.  

However, my dogs get 5*’s tonight even if I know they will get me up early tomorrow.  They can be really good dogs at times.  Story For tomorrow.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Love you!🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Hi sister❤️
You are probably in bed since it is almost 

going on 11pm! First I want to thank you for your concern about me. Since I have no siblings having you as my virtual sister on the east coast and Joy in the the Midwest comforts me !! Yes you are right about l pre cancer. I am aware but also think since I have been going through this for over 20 plus years it would be getting better! Unfortunately not. I am faithful going to my dermatologist but having basal on my face was very traumatic and took years for the scare to get better and all the laser treatments. The squamous was on my back  and will be a year in January! My scar is not attractive but it was all contained. I am not a vain person and am blessed things are fine. Sometimes I keep a lot too myself but you caught me at a bad time this am. I called my Dr. and she told me to take a Benadryl to help with the antihistamine! Duh! As a Dentist why didn’t 

I think of that🙄 So I took one and it is 8 pm here and maybe I might be able to 😴 

sleep! PS I did take a shot of Makers Mark LOL.

Sorry that I changed up the Daily with my whining!! I understand how with Jacqui who had shingles was bad!! I can not stop the internal itching so I hope the Benadryl helps! My David says it is great you can have your sisters to also help you! He is a saint.

Take Care Ann and  hope to sleep finally 

since it has been a good week of itching!

My face looks like a pickled beet

🎃Denise

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi sister❤️
You are probably in bed since it is almost 

going on 11pm! First I want to thank you for your concern about me. Since I have no siblings having you as my virtual sister on the east coast and Joy in the the Midwest comforts me !! Yes you are right about l pre cancer. I am aware but also think since I have been going through this for over 20 plus years it would be getting better! Unfortunately not. I am faithful going to my dermatologist but having basal on my face was very traumatic and took years for the scare to get better and all the laser treatments. The squamous was on my back  and will be a year in January! My scar is not attractive but it was all contained. I am not a vain person and am blessed things are fine. Sometimes I keep a lot too myself but you caught me at a bad time this am. I called my Dr. and she told me to take a Benadryl to help with the antihistamine! Duh! As a Dentist why didn’t 

I think of that🙄 So I took one and it is 8 pm here and maybe I might be able to 😴 

sleep! PS I did take a shot of Makers Mark LOL.

Sorry that I changed up the Daily with my whining!! I understand how with Jacqui who had shingles was bad!! I can not stop the internal itching so I hope the Benadryl helps! My David says it is great you can have your sisters to also help you! He is a saint.

Take Care Ann and  hope to sleep finally 

since it has been a good week of itching!

My face looks like a pickled beet

🎃Denise

Fooled you. I am trying to stay up a bit later, so I do not wake up at 5 a.m. myself!

Hope the Benadryl helps you get a great night’s sleep!

Maker’s Mark makes almost anything better.  🙃

I have never met David, but if he is a saint, he deserves you. And you are not escaping my Care list that easily. 🌺❤️ And you did NOT whine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Fooled you. I am trying to stay up a bit later, so I do not wake up at 5 a.m. myself!

Hope the Benadryl helps you get a great night’s sleep!

Maker’s Mark makes almost anything better.  🙃

I have never met David, but if he is a saint, he deserves you. And you are not escaping my Care list that easily. 🌺❤️ And you did NOT whine.

😢 Thanks sister! I do care for you very much ! I am going to try and s go to sleep now. I am so blessed with such a wonderful east coast sister like you! One in a million! Joy I love you too and am glad 

I have you too!

❤️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Sharon so love it!!! Reminds me so much of our daughter at her age!!! Very creative with her lady fingers too!! Have a wonderful evening and enjoy your DGD!!

sincerely

Denise🎃

PS we have no trick or treaters here! We are what you would call in  Lock down for anything  right now. 

We have no trick or treaters either but we did shut everything down, no lights, etc.  We didn’t even buy candy this year. My darling GD is something else, such a joy but such a frustration. I guess that is what being 13 means. Have a great evening Denise! 

• Like 2