Independence Summer 2021 sailings modified again?

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing has come out on any of the sailings  that are 8 days or longer.

Celebrity is supposed to make an announcement tomorrow regarding itinerary changes...maybe Royal will as well.

So looks like Symphony 8N S Caribbean for August 2021 is no longer showing on the RCI website. Interesting that they removed it even though it’s 9 plus months later. 

50 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

So looks like Symphony 8N S Caribbean for August 2021 is no longer showing on the RCI website. Interesting that they removed it even though it’s 9 plus months later. 

They have removed everything that is 8 nights or more departing before Nov. 1. 

Part of the CDC restrictions are that the cruise line may not sail or offer to sail on voyages longer than 7 days. 

13 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They have removed everything that is 8 nights or more departing before Nov. 1. 

Part of the CDC restrictions are that the cruise line may not sail or offer to sail on voyages longer than 7 days. 

Ken thanks. Will have to wait and see what eventually happens with that cruise. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Ken thanks. Will have to wait and see what eventually happens with that cruise. 

My own personal feeling is that Royal may take a wait and see stance as they have done with cancelling cruises...one month at a time as they wait to see how sailings go.  The CDC has stated that sailing length can be modified based on public health conditions. 

25 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My own personal feeling is that Royal may take a wait and see stance as they have done with cancelling cruises...one month at a time as they wait to see how sailings go.  The CDC has stated that sailing length can be modified based on public health conditions. 

Good point Ken. Thanks 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well this is fun--and I'm guessing a Royal IT thing, but when I log into my cruises in the Cruise planner, and look at my 8 night on Indy which is supposed to stop in Aruba, Curacao, La Romana and Perfect Day, this is what shows (but if I go to shop for something it does still have the original ports.  I also find it amusing since not only have the ports changed, so has the departure port.  Oh, and Grand Cayman is on this photo and from what I'm hearing, GC isn't letting cruise ships in at all this year, or not likely.   Good times.  😛    

image.thumb.png.c8f572932cb05cbf0a4764ad69bfba2f.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Well this is fun--and I'm guessing a Royal IT thing, but when I log into my cruises in the Cruise planner, and look at my 8 night on Indy which is supposed to stop in Aruba, Curacao, La Romana and Perfect Day, this is what shows (but if I go to shop for something it does still have the original ports.  I also find it amusing since not only have the ports changed, so has the departure port.  Oh, and Grand Cayman is on this photo and from what I'm hearing, GC isn't letting cruise ships in at all this year, or not likely.   Good times.  😛    

image.thumb.png.c8f572932cb05cbf0a4764ad69bfba2f.png

Just checked my Cruise Planner for Indy July 3 and it shows the same as what you have posted. But my Cruise Planner for Indy for June 19 (same itinerary) shows the correct itinerary (Miami, Labadee, Aruba and Curaçao).

5 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just checked my Cruise Planner for Indy July 3 and it shows the same as what you have posted. But my Cruise Planner for Indy for June 19 (same itinerary) shows the correct itinerary (Miami, Labadee, Aruba and Curaçao).

It's hard for me to figure out how they make an 'update' like this, lol.  Someone in there playing around where they shouldn't be?  Sounds like the July 3 one might be the only one that has this weird itinerary 'update' that doesn't match what the cruise planner actually when you open it up to look at things available.   

4 minutes ago, rockmom said:

It's hard for me to figure out how they make an 'update' like this, lol.  Someone in there playing around where they shouldn't be?  Sounds like the July 3 one might be the only one that has this weird itinerary 'update' that doesn't match what the cruise planner actually when you open it up to look at things available.   

It is weird. I am holding off purchasing cruise planner items until I find out if these 8-day cruises will actually happen. I would not mind it they were changed to a 7-day as long as the price is adjusted. 

• Like 1

Just now, sandebeach said:

It is weird. I am holding off purchasing cruise planner items until I find out if these 8-day cruises will actually happen. I would not mind it they were changed to a 7-day as long as the price is adjusted. 

We did buy some Coco Cay stuff on Black Friday because we got such great deals (beach club for $38 bucks for instance).  But we don't have anything for La Romana or Curacao.  

• Like 1

Maybe I'm missing something. I though the CDC has limited cruises to 7 nights or less through November 2021. I don't think any of the Indy 8 days cruises will sail. The only question is: Will they be changed to 7 day cruises with all new itineraries?

4 hours ago, rockmom said:

We did buy some Coco Cay stuff on Black Friday because we got such great deals (beach club for $38 bucks for instance).  But we don't have anything for La Romana or Curacao.  

That is a great price for the beach club. I booked it for $46. I'm not buying any beverage packages because I would like to upgrade to a full suite. Did the Carnival CEO say he thought they would be sailing by the end of the year? Wow, that would be disappointing! I have been hoping for a summer cruise. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Empehi said:

Maybe I'm missing something. I though the CDC has limited cruises to 7 nights or less through November 2021. I don't think any of the Indy 8 days cruises will sail. The only question is: Will they be changed to 7 day cruises with all new itineraries?

You are not missing anything, we all know about the CDC's limitations on longer cruises and yes, many of us on the 8 day sailings are wondering if they will be changed to 7 days. Celebrity changed some of their 8 days to 7 days, canceled some others.  The CDC wording is that they can not offer sailings longer than 7 days for sale through then.  I think some of the lines are hoping that once they do start cruising again, perhaps they can salvage some of the 8 days ones later in the year. At this point that doesn't look likely, so it would be really nice if they'd make a decision.  However, the Royal marketing team does keep sending emails to purchase stuff in the cruise planner for those of us booked on 8 day sailings.  As I mentioned, I grabbed the Coco Cay beach club passes because they were such a deal and I'm not worried about spending that small amount because if they do shorten it to 7 days, perhaps we'll still get Coco Cay.  Otherwise, they'll refund my cruise planner purchases.  

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, daninwi said:

Any news on this summer's 8 day Independence sailings? 

Our July 31st sailing is still active in the cruise planner, but has been taken out of the booking searches.

I have not heard anything, but still hopeful. 

47 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

We are on a B2B on 7-17 and 7-25.  Those cruises are now 90 days out and the message for checking in says "Check-in unavailable.  We'll email  you when you can check in".  Not looking too good.

I wonder if Royal is making some changes to the check-in. I'm booked on Vision, June 26th and getting the same "Check-in unavailable" message. (Vision is sailing out of Bermuda and should sail.)

Edited by Vera/Lee
to add more information
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vera/Lee said:

I wonder if Royal is making some changes to the check-in. I'm booked on Vision, June 26th and getting the same "Check-in unavailable" message. (Vision is sailing out of Bermuda and should sail.)

Check in won't be available until about 30 days prior. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Hopefully with the CDC changes, 8 day cruises will again be allowed.  I’m on Independence July 17.

I hope so! Or at least that they would allow it to sail as a 7 day cruise. It may be hopeful thinking, but one thing going for us is that it's out of Miami. Miami has been pushing to allow ships to sail. I only see three Royal ships sailing from there this summer.