Anyone Booked Yet for the 2022?

Craigrlewis

Evidence appears to confirm this type of practice is currently in place.  This is to 'sell' this first, then gradually selectively release others at an increasing higher price. May one suggest you do elevate your dissatisfaction and specific selection requirements by Email to Carnival Executive Correspondence,  because this is a Carnival, not a Cunard policy.  Carnival have their finger on the "hold" button.  

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo

I experienced something similar; I attempted to book early on the morning of the 17th (sales had begun that morning),  b2b from NY, May, 2022.  Extremely limited selection, but I got a fairly decent cabin on 11; would not have been my first choice, but I'm not fanatical about stuff like that anymore.  I still miss transatlantic on the QE2, and just wanted a nice long sea voyage to forget about the world for a while.  Cunard is not the Cunard of yore, but then what is?

On 11/17/2020 at 1:17 PM, Bell2805 said:

Just booked Qm2 transatlantic east bound crossing in October 22. This is to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary. Were having 4 nights in New Yok and then traveling back to the UK...

We booked Queens grill as a treat.

Bells' 

I'm sure you will have a great time plus 4 nights in New York as well.. I'm hoping to do a b2b ta on the same crossing but we are going to wait and book when we are on QE next summer to hopefully get extra obc. We will look for either PG or QG depending on price and take a risk on availability.

1 hour ago, Underwatr said:

What makes you think it will be higher? Fares are a non-starter for me as it is. 

The "better" positioned Cunard staterooms are "on hold".  Carnival will then probably instruct the release later with premiums attached.  

Why else would there be so many "On hold for another guest"?

Think the Carnival mantra to Cunard guests will be "If you want it, then you'll have to pay. If you don't wish to pay, then someone else will".

We wish to sail Cunard in 2022 and have paid to cruise as we wish.

Waiting now for the 2023 releases.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

Strongly tempted to go ahead and book my first TA, there's one I have my eye on for April 2022. But feel like I should get at least a Cunard Mini Cruise under my belt first, to get a feel for the vibe on board. As I will be travelling solo.

I had a QV booked for end of this year which obviously isn't happening, and am now booked on QE's first British Isles cruise next March, but again, not convinced that will happen.

36 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The "better" positioned Cunard staterooms are "on hold".

I believe this to be conjecture on your part.

Elsewhere in this forum I've given my own conjecture as to why a given stateroom may be unavailable on a given start-end itinerary.

Cunard doesn't make every stateroom available for every departure. They maintain separate inventory for each bookable itinerary (that is, for each embarkation-disembarkation listing in the catalog that can be booked as a single itinerary number without requiring back-to-back booking).

As a specific example, I wanted to book a 12-night Caribbean trip out of New York but the only staterooms in my desired category could only be booked as a 19-night trip out of Southampton. The onboard booking department was able to intervene on my behalf and get one if the staterooms transferred to the inventories specific to the 7-night crossing and the 12-night Caribbean voyage.

Excited to book my first Cunard Crossing in 53 years (!) the transatlantic Southampton to NY May 8 2022.

I decided at this time to trust the Cunard Rep on the cabin she recommended - interior - forward deck 11.

Love crossing the Atlantic - hopefully the weather  will permit a lot of my time on the promenade deck.

I will spend this winter reviewing these forums and cruise blogs.

Possibly the 2022 July 1st on the QM2 to NE/Canada now including Bar Harbor and changing the direction of the sailing over the past years.

Now NYC - Bar Harbor - Boston - Halifax then back to NYC.

Two days at sea is always welcome on board.

Will concern it or one the Sept 2022 Quebec 14th Days NYC - NYC.

We booked the Grand Mediterranean Voyage July 2022, round trip NY.  This is the only way for us to get back to Europe since my husband won't fly anymore and I'm not going to lie I won't miss it either!

One word about getting the cabin that you want; I booked this online and then transferred to our travel agent.  The first cabin that they assigned was NOT where I wanted to be.  I abandoned the booking and went in and did it again, and by some miracle the deck and the location was there.   Maybe it was just luck but I'll take it.  

15 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Possibly the 2022 July 1st on the QM2 to NE/Canada now including Bar Harbor and changing the direction of the sailing over the past years.

Now NYC - Bar Harbor - Boston - Halifax then back to NYC.

Two days at sea is always welcome on board.

Will concern it or one the Sept 2022 Quebec 14th Days NYC - NYC.

We booked the QM2 July 1st Independence Day cruise today .

Small OBC with low deposits . Rates seem high but the chance 

to rebook a better deal along the way is there .

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 3:05 AM, Craigrlewis said:

Was a right faff this morning
Got the cruise selected then it decided to change it all US$ not GBP
Cue various browsers used and the same result starts off in GBP then changes to US$

On hold to them for over 50 minutes on the phone
In the mean time website corrected itself but then wouldn't take my WC number
GRRR
Finally did it all online and was still on hold when I hung up

Q219 to Alaska 2022 - was supposed to be going June 2021 so pleased to book it

Have to say I guess they are under immense strain but can't say Im pleased that

• In June 2021 we had $640 onboard spending and now its $170
  • Fact had to pay another £700 odd deposit. I thought the FCC was moved so you didn't need to pay more now - clearly Im wrong and misreading that someone where along the line
  • Cant change my dining preference and they aren't taking phone calls now its "Sorry please call  back beep"

Moan over now Im going to count the days down!

Anyone else booked anything today?

Have a hold until Nov 24 for that Cruise. Our first Cuna d cruise but our 14 cruise to Alaska.

On 11/18/2020 at 8:57 AM, devolve said:

Panama Canal July 2022. LA to Florida. Always wanted to do this trip. Booked Cunard fare but as someone said only allocating guarantee cabin.

I have just booked the same cruise today but we will board in Vancouver.  Seems a long way off but it will soon go.

My Travel Agent was able to cancel my back up booking for November 2021 and apply the future cruise deposit to a booking for August 2022, Westbound from Hamburg. I was able to get the suite I wanted on the Port side as well. She always does a great job for my, and a bottle of Le Grande Dame is on the way to her as my thanks. I am hopeful that I will be able to travel on the July 2021 crossing from Hamburg, now that a vaccine is on the horizon. 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:41 PM, MarkBearSF said:

Booked the (only) Roundtrip crossing pair from NY in May 2022. Got 8109 which is one of the semi-obstructed cabins and convenient to the C elevators (The ones near the rescue craft weren't available). YAY!

Good for you Mark. Hopefully this voyage will happen for you, it has been a long dry spell, hasn't it?

• Like 1

Hi, 

I recently booked the five-night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth from Vancouver to Los Angeles (July 21-26, 2022). At the end of the cruise, I would like to spend some time on the original Queen Mary in Long Beach (which I always enjoy). I have had multiple cruises cancelled during the past eight months, but I am hopeful that the vaccines will be successful and cruising will return to normal by this time.

Chuck

• Like 1

7 hours ago, seacruise9 said:

Hi, 

I recently booked the five-night cruise on the Queen Elizabeth from Vancouver to Los Angeles (July 21-26, 2022). At the end of the cruise, I would like to spend some time on the original Queen Mary in Long Beach (which I always enjoy). I have had multiple cruises cancelled during the past eight months, but I am hopeful that the vaccines will be successful and cruising will return to normal by this time.

Chuck

We  are booked on the same sailing but from SF to Barcelona .  I wondered about the QM too. I've never been to it - is it near  where we will dock on QE?  LA isn't my favourite city - but I'd be happy to spend 1/2 day on the QM if its open and preferably easy to get to!