HAL Cancels ALL cruises through March 31, 2021

boze9999

6 hours ago, Btimmer said:

What happens to those of us USA residents who cancelled a cruise in the spring of 2020 and received a FCC equivalent to the cancellation penalty but which has to be used on a cruise that occurs no later than 2021 AND booked prior to 12/31/2020?  Is this a way for HAL to get out from under their March 6, 2020 email promise?

I was wondering if they are extending FCC use by deadlines.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Himself said:

I got notice that my cruise on Jan 32st has been cancelled.  Since mine is paid for the are very generous in a future cruise.

Can you share what the Terms & Conditions of the FCC are, please.

I'm not HImself, but my email said this:

THE FUTURE CRUISE CREDITS ARE VALID FOR 12 MONTHS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE AND MAY BE USED TO BOOK SAILINGS DEPARTING THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2022. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Btimmer said:

What happens to those of us USA residents who cancelled a cruise in the spring of 2020 and received a FCC equivalent to the cancellation penalty but which has to be used on a cruise that occurs no later than 2021 AND booked prior to 12/31/2020?  Is this a way for HAL to get out from under their March 6, 2020 email promise?

I am waiting to hear back from our PCC on this. Hoping HAL can kick that can down the road a ways as our cruise options that can be booked by 12/31/2020 and used by 12/31/2021 has dwindled to a fraction of what they usually are and since we were in that first wave allowed to cancel we didn't have a refund option at the time. We are at 3 cancelled cruises and now 1 redeployed (hooray for redeployed, fingers crossed that cruise is a go come October). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

Yes.  At least my TA was able to do it for me when my FCC’s appeared.

Thanks.  Curious what would happen if we did that and then decided to cancel the cruise before penalty phase starts ... are we able to at least get the original deposit refunded?

20 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

ANY sailing DEPARTING on or before 11/1, with a duration of 8 days or more, and scheduled to call on a US port is cancelled.  This also includes b2b cruises sold as consecutive/collectors cruises where the individual segments add up to 8 days or more.  It appears that back to back sailings will not be allowed regardless of sailing length of each individual segment.

Sorry but can you clarify a bit further please.  When you say it includes B2B cruises, is it only those sold as a "collector" (two or more segments booked under one confirmation number) or is it also including multiple 7 day segments, each with its own confirmation number?

Thanks.

I would be very surprised if cruising in North America resumes in April.  I believe that the end of Q2/Q3 is far more realistic.   We still have no hard data on what to expect with the vaccine rollout.

Then there is the decision that each person has to make about traveling to port and being part of the first group of cruisers-whenever 7 day cruising starts up again..  We do not plan to be in that group.

Forget the US CDC - We are now in Professor Klaus Schwab's, (Founder of the World Economic Forum) "The Great Reset" nightmare. https://www.weforum.org/projects/climate-ambition-initiatives  These people are going to destroy the cruise industry.  It's in the plan....

Oh and as an added bonus, attached find a lovely picture of Bruno Latour - The Grim Reaper of Cruising

"Hence the primary importance for using this time of imposed isolation in order to describe, initially one by one, then as a group, what we are attached to; what we are ready to give up; the chains we are ready to reconstruct and those that, in our behaviour, we have decided to interrupt.7 As for the globalisers, they seem to have a very clear idea what they want to see coming back post-crisis: the same but worse, fossil fuel industries and giant cruise ships as a bonus. It is up to us to confront them with a counter-inventory. If in a month or two, millions of humans are capable of learning how to ‘social distance’ at the blow of a whistle, to space themselves for greater solidarity, to stay home so as not to overload the hospitals, then it is easy to imagine the power of transformation that these new protective measures have against bringing back business as usual, or worse, against another battering from those who want to escape from terrestrial attraction forever."

Source - http://www.bruno-latour.fr/sites/default/files/P-202-AOC-ENGLISH.pdf

download (1).jpg

1 hour ago, zelker said:

Sorry but can you clarify a bit further please.  When you say it includes B2B cruises, is it only those sold as a "collector" (two or more segments booked under one confirmation number) or is it also including multiple 7 day segments, each with its own confirmation number?

Thanks.

B2B’s are not permitted.  7 day cruises only.  

Just now, zelker said:

Jacqui - where did you get this info, please? 

From previous posts of AtlantaCruiser72, posts by regulars like Crazy For Cats who reported when he asked his PCC, he was told he could do one 7 day cruise but not the B2B as well as the HAL website.  Specifically states 7 days only.

1 minute ago, kazu said:

From previous posts of AtlantaCruiser72, posts by regulars like Crazy For Cats who reported when he asked his PCC, he was told he could do one 7 day cruise but not the B2B as well as the HAL website.  Specifically states 7 days only.

Well, heavy sigh. 😞

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, kazu said:

Out of the U.S.

There is nothing in writing addressing b2b cruises.  That said reps both at Princess and HAL have confirmed to me that they will eventually be searching their databases for b2b bookings and proactively reaching out to travel agents/clients to determine which they want to keep and which they want to cancel.  The current interpretation of the CDC guidelines to restart cruising is that no one passenger may remain on a vessel for longer than 7 days on any sailing, or consecutive sailings, departing before 11/1/21.  This is ONLY for cruises to/from US ports at this time.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1