New vaccine

hollyjess

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Result my daughter and her husband are getting their jabs on saturday. There dr got in touch with the local authority and he phoned today to say they agreed and  they both have their jabs saturday afternoon. Not at drs surgery in a nearby town about 10-15 mins away. Feel so relieved, and she is feeling so much better. We even had a bit of a giggle about my youngest grandaughter (her niece) she is only 2 but came out with the f word a few weeks ago. They don't stop babies for long!

Great news your daughter and husband getting their jabs.

Oops re the F word. Who’s been teaching your granddaughter that...🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Great news your daughter and husband getting their jabs.

Oops re the F word. Who’s been teaching your granddaughter that...🤣

Not me. Havn't seen her for a few weeks. I've heard my daughter say exacly the same phrase when exasperated. My grandaughter was trying to plug in the hairdryer and could'nt do it so said oh for !£$%" sake.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Result my daughter and her husband are getting their jabs on saturday. There dr got in touch with the local authority and he phoned today to say they agreed and  they both have their jabs saturday afternoon. Not at drs surgery in a nearby town about 10-15 mins away. Feel so relieved, and she is feeling so much better. We even had a bit of a giggle about my youngest grandaughter (her niece) she is only 2 but came out with the f word a few weeks ago. They don't stop babies for long!

Really pleased that your daughter and her husband are getting their jabs on saturday.It must be a huge relief for you all

27 minutes ago, delgirl said:

That is such great news delgirl. Really happy for your daughter and for you too. Jane.x

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Brilliant news for your daughter. So pleased to hear it. Keeping everything crossed for bobtheboys wife, AnnieC’s daughter and peanut006 now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, delgirl said:

Delighted for you all.

Graham.

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Had to drive 8 miles up the road for my OH's jab yesterday.There is a center just around the corner but computer said no.My jab is tomorrow,I was hoping they would sqeeze me in but they couldn't.She's had no side affects anyway,cheers,Brian.

Good news for you both Brian.

Shame you couldn't get yours today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

No contact to get my injection yet & I am in group 6, my surgery say they are contacting patients but just not me yet. 
Glad you are all getting your injections and are feeling ok

Michelle

I rang doctors today and told they haven't received notice for cohort 6 vaccines from the Central hub.

2 friends 1@ 58 and 1@. 35 with no health issues in a doctor's 3 miles away have received their vaccine invitations.

3 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Thanks Graham any news of yours and Paulines,

Pauline is 58 so cohort 8.

It is 3 months since my positive covid19 test and resulting 4 weeks in bed so not a panic for me.

1 friend 58 in cohort 8 got her vaccine today.

Her SIL 35 is back home in UAE and he received a text from the same doctors for vaccine.

My doctor's surgery said they have not received anything yet for cohort 6 (me).

Surgery's about 3 miles apart.

Mine is in a health centre with a few other surgeries so possibly they are all banded together.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is 58 so cohort 8.

It is 3 months since my positive covid19 test and resulting 4 weeks in bed so not a panic for me.

1 friend 58 in cohort 8 got her vaccine today.

Her SIL 35 is back home in UAE and he received a text from the same doctors for vaccine.

My doctor's surgery said they have not received anything yet for cohort 6 (me).

Surgery's about 3 miles apart.

Mine is in a health centre with a few other surgeries so possibly they are all banded together.

Hopefully things will work out soon for you both,  I think where I am in Durham we are seriously lagging behind when I hear about younger healthier people being offered their jabs.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Brilliant news for your daughter. So pleased to hear it. Keeping everything crossed for bobtheboys wife, AnnieC’s daughter and peanut006 now. 

Thank you. Just have to hope everyone else in group 6 will be jabbed soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hopefully things will work out soon for you both,  I think where I am in Durham we are seriously lagging behind when I hear about younger healthier people being offered their jabs.

I have just found out our GP surgery has a Face page. It says that there is a large centre at the Centre of Life N/C and the Nightingale one at Washington, which we knew. It also says a large centre will be opening at Durham soon. If you look up your practice on FB you might get some info. Where I am we use Sunderland hospital.

2 minutes ago, emam said:

I have just found out our GP surgery has a Face page. It says that there is a large centre at the Centre of Life N/C and the Nightingale one at Washington, which we knew. It also says a large centre will be opening at Durham soon. If you look up your practice on FB you might get some info. Where I am we use Sunderland hospital.

Grindon,Millfield and River View centres are being used in Sunderland.

• Like 1

Update on ‘the morning after’! My wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday. We have both had slight reactions, but different to those reported by others.

My issue has been my arm. It’s quite painful and disturbed my sleep quite a bit last night. I also had a stiff neck which may or may not be related. It dawned on me last night that when I had my flu jab, the pharmacist told me to let my arm go very limp and she pinched my skin as she injected. Not only did I not feel it at all, but I had no inflammation or pain afterwards, which I usually do. Yesterday, although the nurse made a point of telling us that she had been a nurse for 46 years, she did neither of these things and I felt the needle (only slightly). There is no redness, swelling or ‘hot to touch’ sensation at the vaccination site but it’s more painful than I have experienced with other jabs. Other than the arm, I feel OK. 

My wife said that she felt a little bit out of sorts last night, but she has MS and her immune system is a bit shot (hence the group 6 categorisation). Thankfully, she almost never gets colds, but if she gets anything it can really immobilise her. The very little movement that she does have seems even more compromised as a result of the effects of the jab. For those who are familiar with MS symptoms, she says that it feels as though she is having an ‘episode’. We are hopeful (and optimistic) that this will pass by tomorrow.

As long as my wife returns to her previous position, we would consider these to be small prices to pay for the prospect of life returning to normal and we both feel very relieved to have had the jab. My only advice would be let your arm go very limp, which I will try to remember for my 2nd one!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

My only advice would be let your arm go very limp, which I will try to remember for my 2nd one!

That is exactly what the nurse told me to do "something about if not, the needle can catch the 

inner muscle tissue " causing discomfort later on .

I did as told to do and felt nothing , so I think it could be good advice Selbourne .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

That is exactly what the nurse told me to do "something about if not, the needle can catch the 

inner muscle tissue " causing discomfort later on .

I did as told to do and felt nothing , so I think it could be good advice Selbourne .

I found it more difficult to let my arm go limp, compared  with when I have a flu jab, because I was sitting down.  I would have much preferred to have been standing up.

I actually flinched as the needle went in, which is not the case when I have a flu jab.  Having said that, I have had no reactions whatsoever, not even any tenderness at the injection site.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I found it more difficult to let my arm go limp, compared  with when I have a flu jab, because I was sitting down.  I would have much preferred to have been standing up.

I actually flinched as the needle went in, which is not the case when I have a flu jab.  Having said that, I have had no reactions whatsoever, not even any tenderness at the injection site.

I was stood up so can’t use that excuse. Just wish I’d remembered!

30 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Update on ‘the morning after’! My wife and I had the AZ vaccine yesterday. We have both had slight reactions, but different to those reported by others.

My issue has been my arm. It’s quite painful and disturbed my sleep quite a bit last night. I also had a stiff neck which may or may not be related. It dawned on me last night that when I had my flu jab, the pharmacist told me to let my arm go very limp and she pinched my skin as she injected. Not only did I not feel it at all, but I had no inflammation or pain afterwards, which I usually do. Yesterday, although the nurse made a point of telling us that she had been a nurse for 46 years, she did neither of these things and I felt the needle (only slightly). There is no redness, swelling or ‘hot to touch’ sensation at the vaccination site but it’s more painful than I have experienced with other jabs. Other than the arm, I feel OK. 

My wife said that she felt a little bit out of sorts last night, but she has MS and her immune system is a bit shot (hence the group 6 categorisation). Thankfully, she almost never gets colds, but if she gets anything it can really immobilise her. The very little movement that she does have seems even more compromised as a result of the effects of the jab. For those who are familiar with MS symptoms, she says that it feels as though she is having an ‘episode’. We are hopeful (and optimistic) that this will pass by tomorrow.

As long as my wife returns to her previous position, we would consider these to be small prices to pay for the prospect of life returning to normal and we both feel very relieved to have had the jab. My only advice would be let your arm go very limp, which I will try to remember for my 2nd one!

Good tip.

I hope both your side effects vanish quickly.

It definitely is worth getting the jab as covid19 from personal experience is nasty.

Our Sarah has just rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive.

She is a key worker and had a fit at work last week and unfortunately the friend who brought her home got a positive test a couple of days later.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good tip.

I hope both your side effects vanish quickly.

It definitely is worth getting the jab as covid19 from personal experience is nasty.

Our Sarah has just rang to say her covid19 test yesterday was positive.

She is a key worker and had a fit at work last week and unfortunately the friend who brought her home got a positive test a couple of days later.

Sorry to hear that Graham, hope it is a mild dose of this horrible disease.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1