Oceania Marina Refurbishment

SBDLAW

4 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Too bad the lines did not take this down time to do refurbishments but I understand that $0 cashflow is not a good time.

Indeed Riviera had entered drydock in Italy last month. Since it only lasted for a few days, I don't think there were any refurbishments, but probably only routine maintenance on the engineering issues.

Below are the upcoming drydock schedules for Oceania and Regent ships.

Hope this information is still correct as I already received this list several months ago.

image.png.c70c5e9b2e453bc266e109eacf568a91.png

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Indeed Riviera had entered drydock in Italy last month. Since it only lasted for a few days, I don't think there were any refurbishments, but probably only routine maintenance on the engineering issues.

Below are the upcoming drydock schedules for Oceania and Regent ships.

Hope this information is still correct as I already received this list several months ago.

image.png.c70c5e9b2e453bc266e109eacf568a91.png

Thanks, time will tell.

1.  I have no reason to dispute this schedule.

2. Can you grasp the number of ports these ships are currently scheduled to visit that will be cancelled?

Making an appointment at your dentist in six months doesn’t make the appointment absolute.

We are from Florida (Sarasota area) and the Jersey Shore and, with our friends (also from FL and NJ) just booked the Marina for the 1/8/2022 Antarctica cruise. It would be nice if the ship will be refurbished during this scheduled May 2021 dry dock in Marseilles.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SBDLAW said:

We are from Florida (Sarasota area) and the Jersey Shore and, with our friends (also from FL and NJ) just booked the Marina for the 1/8/2022 Antarctica cruise. It would be nice if the ship will be refurbished during this scheduled May 2021 dry dock in Marseilles.

We are from NY and just booked that 20 night cruise...indeed same question about refurbishment came to our minds. "See" you on the Roll Call!

Edgee - Yes, we will look for you in the roll call. Where in NY are you from? We have been on the Oceania Regatta and Nautica and have looked forward to a cruise on the Marina or Riviera for quite some time. 

11 minutes ago, SBDLAW said:

Edgee - Yes, we will look for you in the roll call. Where in NY are you from? We have been on the Oceania Regatta and Nautica and have looked forward to a cruise on the Marina or Riviera for quite some time. 

Recently relocated to Long Island from MD to be near family. Talk to you on the roll call!

1 hour ago, KirkNC said:

The Sirena goes to Bridgetown November 11th and doesn’t emerge until December 1st.  Might this be a dry dock?

well she is sailing Nov 11 -21st

Then  Nov 21st to Dec 1 st

so NO to your question

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/cruise-comparison/SIR211111-SIR211121?returnUrl=%2Fcruise-finder%23time_frame%3D2021-11%26ship%3DSIR%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10%26cruisesCompared%3DSIR211111-SIR211121

• 10 months later...

Dear Fellow Cruiser:

My understanding is that only Owner's Suites and all public areas were refurbished.  We sailed on Marina in late February 2020 (Rio to BA) and thought that the Ship and all accommodations needed an upgrade.  We enjoyed the Cruise , staff and dining were excellent.  We booked Marina again prior to the refurbishment but were cancelled.

Joel Barry

• Like 1

I hope someone from O is reading this thread.  The Marina and Riveria PH’s are great size wise but stuffed to the gills with furniture.  Vista PH’s are the same size and configuration without all the furniture and look so much larger.  When I sail with my daughter, since we separate the beds, we pile up the banquette in the corner of the closet!!  Vista eliminated the banquette, eliminated the ridiculous pseudo wall room dividers/half curtain,  moved the desk, put in small table and chairs and, amazing, the room looks open and airy.  That would be a great improvement for Riveria and Marina in future dry dock.  Less is more!  All they need is a dumpster.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, the more ports the better said:

I hope someone from O is reading this thread.  The Marina and Riveria PH’s are great size wise but stuffed to the gills with furniture.  Vista PH’s are the same size and configuration without all the furniture and look so much larger.  When I sail with my daughter, since we separate the beds, we pile up the banquette in the corner of the closet!!  Vista eliminated the banquette, eliminated the ridiculous pseudo wall room dividers/half curtain,  moved the desk, put in small table and chairs and, amazing, the room looks open and airy.  That would be a great improvement for Riveria and Marina in future dry dock.  Less is more!  All they need is a dumpster.  

Yes, as long as the real thing turns out like the mock up it should be an improvement.