Is Celebrity no longer going to offer the Bermuda cruises out of Cape Liberty for '22?

OnTheJourney

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Living there.  The British National Health Service is funded by the government.  In their nationalized system everything is controlled and limited.  Am sure you have read about how it takes months and sometimes years for "elective surgery".  A good friend waited 4 years on the list for rotator cuff shoulder surgery.  When finally scheduled was told he was over 65 and thus no longer eligible.  Similar in Canada.

The National Institute of Health. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3551445/#!po=0.757576.

Shows the US having 13 - 30 ICU beds per 100K population.  The UK has 3.5 - 5.8.  The US has huge reserve capacity in part to our "Snowbirds" that created large numbers of beds in Arizona Texas and Florida used mostly seasonally.

I am British, I live in England.  And I am 'sitting on my hands', so to speak, to avoid getting into any discussion about the NHS with someone who clearly knows very little about it.

What I asked for was the source of your statement, "Cruises out of Southampton not likely until fall ......".  However, I suspect I have my answer, which is that you don't have a source, you have simply made an assumption.

4 hours ago, rsail203 said:

7-Aug-22 12 Greenland & Iceland New Jersey: Cape Liberty, At Sea, Nova Scotia: Halifax, At Sea, Newfoundland: St John’s, At Sea, At Sea, Greenland: Qaqortoq, Prins Christian Sund (Cruise), At Sea, Iceland: Akureyri, Iceland: Isafjordur, Iceland: Reykjavik

19-Aug-22 12 Greenland & Iceland Iceland: Reykjavik , Iceland: Isafjordur , Iceland: Akureyri , At Sea, Prins Christian Sund (Cruise), At Sea, Qaqortoq,, Greenland, At Sea, At Sea, Newfoundland: St John’s, At Sea, Nova Scotia: Halifax, At Sea, Massachusetts: Boston

This is part of the Summit 2022 schedule that was put up for a day about a month ago. Notice it's only a 12 day cruise in each direction, so you can't do a Lift and Shift. It only goes to Iceland, not Southampton.

Also, it may not happen as it's not official and may be changed.

The 2 itineraries you refer to were officially confirmed today by X for 2022, however, they have been modified. They will each be for 12 nights on the Summit departing from Boston to Iceland then returning from Greenland back to Boston (“open jaw”). 
You are correct, neither sailing goes to Southampton. Unfortunately I missed the departure dates. They are supposed to be on the X website, but I couldn’t locate them.

The 2 itineraries you refer to were officially confirmed today by X for 2022, however, they have been modified. They will each be for 12 nights on the Summit departing from Boston to Iceland then returning from Greenland back to Boston (“open jaw”). 
You are correct, neither sailing goes to Southampton. Unfortunately I missed the departure dates. They are supposed to be on the X website, but I couldn’t locate them.

The info yesterday was wrong. The Iceland cruise leaves from Cape Liberty not Boston, but returns to Boston.

Edited by rsail203
spelling

I am in the UK,we received an e mail today from Captains Club with details of these cruises

The dates for Greenland/Iceland cruises are....

Aug 7th 22 Cape Liberty to Iceland,,,,a Veranda cabin (cheapest) =£2500.

Aug 19th 22 Iceland to Boston,,,,,a Veranda cabin (cheapest) =£2500.

Ps...for info....The NHS in the UK is paid for by the taxpayer,not the government.we pay a National Insurance.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
Add

I have tried 2 May  '22 dates for the  Bermuda, Charleston and Newport route. Both show no availability  aqua and concierge class cabins. Then I tried suites on one of those dates. No luck. This can't be correct. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, 39august said:

I have tried 2 May  '22 dates for the  Bermuda, Charleston and Newport route. Both show no availability  aqua and concierge class cabins. Then I tried suites on one of those dates. No luck. This can't be correct. What am I doing wrong?

Have you tried typing in a specific room number in the lookup stateroom option?  

10 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

Must have been a glitch in the system. Imagine that!

A glitch in a website???  NOOOO.....you must be mistaken 😆  Glad you were able to put a hold on it. Already looking forward to that cruise. Actually, right about now I'd look forward to going just about anywhere.