Oasis of the Sea what's better port or starboard?

SandCVT

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thank you for permission to like what I like.

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I thought that was an odd post as well.  🤔

Some people's tastes change as they mature.  Others remain stagnant.  I can infer which category you fall into.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:17 PM, SandCVT said:

We would like our cabin to be dock side when we are in port when possible.  What would be the best option for Port Canaveral and Nassau, port or starboard?  Thanks much!!

I'll accept steerage at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'll start researching which cruise lines can provide that.... just in case.

It boggles my mind that RCI has built ships that are 225+ K tons with only two sets of  elevators.  Other lines have ships half that size with three sets. 

With social distancing and only 4 people or a family allowed in an elevator at one time, the more elevators on board equals better traffic flow.

Edited by SNJCruisers

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

It boggles my mind that RCI has built ships that are 225+ K tons with only two sets of  elevators.  Other lines have ships half that size with three sets. 

With social distancing and only 4 people or a family allowed in an elevator at one time, the more elevators on board equals better traffic flow.

Compare the number of elevators instead of the number of sets of elevators. Oasis class has 24 actual elevators.  Other ships with 3 sets have less than that and that means fewer actual elevators in any one location so when you have a show or dinner getting out you can have just as bad or worse crowds at the elevators.  I would think that regardless of the number of sets of elevators all cruise lines are going to face challenges with the elevators and social distancing. 

Other  than when shows get out I’ve never had much of an issue with elevators on Royal.

21 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Other  than when shows get out I’ve never had much of an issue with elevators on Royal.

Or after muster drill, though that should be less of an issue for a while with the "at your leisure" drill likely to be used.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Some people's tastes change as they mature.  Others remain stagnant.  I can infer which category you fall into.

Wow...are you spending a tad too much time in Covid isolation?  Have a  bit of cabin fever do you?  😉 

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Ummm..is there something wrong with the taking the stairs?    

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, island lady said:

I always take the stairs. My record is returning from a tender port on deck 1 and climbing to deck 10. 

Royal Caribbean has some great artwork (and some "interesting" artwork) at the landings between floors. Check it out. Eventually I know where I am based on the artwork. 

• Thanks 1

Wow...are you spending a tad too much time in Covid isolation?  Have a  bit of cabin fever do you?  😉 

Yea....I get a little irritable after having 2 cruises cancelled this year and a third one in January.  And having worked a total of 22 days since mid March doesn't help things either.

No, but when your wife used a rollator on our last cruise and will be changing to a scooter for our future cruises, elevators are a necessity for us.  

Be thankful you still have 2 good legs.

40 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yea....I get a little irritable after having 2 cruises cancelled this year and a third one in January.  And having worked a total of 22 days since mid March doesn't help things either.

Not a particulary unique situation for many of the regular posters on the boards.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not a particulary unique situation for many of the regular posters on the boards.

Just responding to a woman who lives near PC and is living the dream being able to cruise as often as she does.  Having about 25 cruises cancelled has put a crimp in her lifestyle.