Hotels in Miami October 2021

MistyRo76

We are finally getting close to rebooking our cancelled October 2020 cruise for next October and just started looking at hotels. This is a girls trip and we’ll be coming into town the day before our cruise. I usually like to stay at the intercontinental but when checking their pricing it’s coming in at $333 for one night. That’s a little more than we typically pay for our pre-cruise stay. I also checked the Hampton Brickell (stayed there once before and enjoyed it and the area). The Hampton came in at around $260-280 depending on which rate we book. The Marriott Biscayne Bay comes in at $160 for the night. I’ve never stayed at this hotel before. 

We typically like to be in an area that is walkable to dining and shops (main to buy some cruise necessities i.e. carry on beverages). Also like somewhere that has a nice pool area for some pre-cruise sunning and relaxation. What is around the Marriott as far as walking distance dining and shopping? Any hotel options I’m missing? I could just use my Hilton points to pay for the Brickell....but I’d prefer to use those when it’s the hubby and I traveling. One friend is a single mom, so trying to make this as cost economical for her as possible...so may just suck it up and use the points anyway! 

There are MANY threads here on hotels. The Hampton Brickell is a pretty great hotel in a wonderful location. Very easy to get to from the airport by public transit. It has a shuttle to the port. Have stayed there before, and will stay there again,if the opportunity arises.

For the past 8 years, I’ve always stayed at the InterContinental - but the prices for 9/2021 are crazy high  (our cruises are always in September as it works best with my time off so I’m doing a month/month comparison). In the past I’ve paid around $250/night for a king Club InterContinental room and currently a king city view is $360.00 (pay in advance is $333.00 - which I would not even consider at this time).

With that being said, I just booked the YVE (which I’ve never stayed at) with a double-double....all in the two nights will be right around $160 including the “facility fee” of $20/night. (Booked a cyber deal directly through the hotel for $60/night).  I’m not sure how this would be room/space wise for a girls weekend - but for two nights pre cruise,  it’ll work out just fine.

Edited by NayRN
Typo

There are a handful of restaurants around the Marriott Biscayne Bay, and you can walk to the Bayfront Marketplace.  If you do walk, don't use the waterfront walkway. It did not feel safe when I approached it.  Instead follow Bayshore Dr, and one block over on 13th to Biscayne Blvd.

3 hours ago, NayRN said:

For the past 8 years, I’ve always stayed at the InterContinental - but the prices for 9/2021 are crazy high  (our cruises are always in September as it works best with my time off so I’m doing a month/month comparison). In the past I’ve paid around $250/night for a king Club InterContinental room and currently a king city view is $360.00 (pay in advance is $333.00 - which I would not even consider at this time).

With that being said, I just booked the YVE (which I’ve never stayed at) with a double-double....all in the two nights will be right around $160 including the “facility fee” of $20/night. (Booked a cyber deal directly through the hotel for $60/night).  I’m not sure how this would be room/space wise for a girls weekend - but for two nights pre cruise,  it’ll work out just fine.

I was looking at the YVE...looks like a really nice hotel and the prices are great. My only concern was that it doesn’t seem like it has a pool, which is as must have for us. We always get into Miami as early as possible the day before the cruise and love to enjoy a nice day lounging by the pool with a few cocktails! Lol Can anyone confirm if the YVE does or doesn’t have a pool? 

1 hour ago, PelicanBill said:

There are a handful of restaurants around the Marriott Biscayne Bay, and you can walk to the Bayfront Marketplace.  If you do walk, don't use the waterfront walkway. It did not feel safe when I approached it.  Instead follow Bayshore Dr, and one block over on 13th to Biscayne Blvd.

Thanks! Nice to know it’s walkable to Bayside. We always would walk to Bayside when staying at the Intercontinental and enjoyed our evenings hanging out there. 

2 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I was looking at the YVE...looks like a really nice hotel and the prices are great. My only concern was that it doesn’t seem like it has a pool, which is as must have for us. We always get into Miami as early as possible the day before the cruise and love to enjoy a nice day lounging by the pool with a few cocktails! Lol Can anyone confirm if the YVE does or doesn’t have a pool? 

Unfortunately, no pool - I’m a little worried about that as well. I’ll have a pre-teen sailing and I really don’t want to go to Miami/South Beach for her to swim! I’m going to hold it as it is a great price....but I will be shopping around, especially tomorrow being Cyber Monday - I typically get good deals every year. Fingers crossed the InterContinental has a good one!!

18 hours ago, NayRN said:

Unfortunately, no pool - I’m a little worried about that as well. I’ll have a pre-teen sailing and I really don’t want to go to Miami/South Beach for her to swim! I’m going to hold it as it is a great price....but I will be shopping around, especially tomorrow being Cyber Monday - I typically get good deals every year. Fingers crossed the InterContinental has a good one!!

For what it's worth, the Doubletree - next door to the Marriott Biscayne - has an amazing pool area and some rooms with a view of the port.  Several dining/shopping options within walking distance, or grab a cheap Uber/Lyft.  Good luck with your search! 😎

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, MistyRo76 said:

3 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

The YVE is in a good location but reviews on CC say the rooms are on the small side.Also there have been complaints about the elevators .... but in time they may be addressed. 

Stayed at the YVE three years ago. Nice hotel, old building, small rooms. Did not see a pool and there is just one small elevator. There’s a restaurant in the lobby and across the street is a CVS with Bayside directly across Biscayne   Blvd.