NCL Airfare

rfs7306

I read this and many other threads about the Free At Sea BOGO air offer.  Here is what I've learned  😀

• There is a big difference between using NCL to book air, and using the Free At Sea BOGO offer.  They are Very Different.  Some people post about the wrong one in the wrong thread.
  • You can select seats by working directly with the airline.  Or maybe not
  • You can pay to upgrade your seats.  Or maybe not
  • Checked in luggage is included.  Or maybe not
  • You will be booked on a regular Economy fare (okay).  Or maybe Basic Economy (yikes).
  • In the event of a canceled flight, you will make it to your cruise.  Or maybe not
  • You can request a paid deviation to arrive a day or two early.  They will honor it.  Or maybe not.

Edited by mpk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I just used an NCL cruise consultant to book a cruise for December.  When she asked me if I wanted the BOGO airfare promotion I said absolutely not.  She said this is wise and she always tells her clients to book their own airfare and be in control of it.  She works for NCL!!!!  She also said she always books her own airfare when cruising.  

• Like 1

I have chosen the NCL BOGO for my upcoming trip and I know I saved money since it is a cruise from Lisbon to Rio de Janeiro, I could not book both flights for 450.00/pp.  The flights we have are not perfect but we got a 3 day deviation for out flight out and the flight back is not until 11PM that gives us a full day in Rio.  The downside is that we have 3 flights going back but the times are not too bad.

Regular economy and I have found it is best to sign up for whatever credit card you can for the Airline.

I have first bag free with American and Delta due to my cards and the regular economy also gives me first bag free.  American puts me in the lottery for seat upgrades and I think Delta does too, I need to check.

• Like 2

Has anyone used NCL's Buy One Get One Free airfare and been given direct flights? 😎✈️

Or at least a decent flight with only one short stopover? 

I am an optimistic person hoping to hear lots of good responses! 🙂

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Diann24 said:

Has anyone used NCL's Buy One Get One Free airfare and been given direct flights? 😎✈️

It all depends on where you are flying from and where you are going.  No, never had a direct flight because I fly from a small regional airport so have to get to a hub first.

But I have gotten a number of direct flights from that point on, especially international.  So often flights from Seattle or LAX.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, julig22 said:

It all depends on where you are flying from and where you are going.  No, never had a direct flight because I fly from a small regional airport so have to get to a hub first.

But I have gotten a number of direct flights from that point on, especially international.  So often flights from Seattle or LAX.

That is good to hear! 🙂 I will be flying out of Philadelphia, which does have at least one direct flight to Barcelona, which is where I have to go.  So maybe I will be lucky??? 

9 hours ago, Diann24 said:

We used NCL’s BOGO.  We flew direct from Albuquerque to Seattle for a cruise on the Bliss. Friends using same deal flew direct from Philly to Seattle for same cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LadyZolt said:

We used NCL’s BOGO.  We flew direct from Albuquerque to Seattle for a cruise on the Bliss. Friends using same deal flew direct from Philly to Seattle for same cruise.

This is good to hear! 🙂

I'm hoping to hear the same from people who flew out of the country for their cruises also! 🙂🚢

Thank you!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

My cruise is in 13 days and I have only received flight information for my flights home. I still dont know how i'm getting to Papeete, not sure if others have experienced this in the past but something to be mindful of i guess 

Have you called NCL air to confirm they have both legs on their list? Seems odd you’d get the return and not the prior. 

3 hours ago, Diann24 said:

This is good to hear! 🙂

I'm hoping to hear the same from people who flew out of the country for their cruises also! 🙂🚢

Thank you!

We have not flown yet as our cruise is next year. But when I asked our TA, he said Newark to London is almost always non-stop, but no guarantee.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Atlanta07 said:

Have you called NCL air to confirm they have both legs on their list? Seems odd you’d get the return and not the prior. 

I've everyday called for the past week. Every person says they've escalated it to the ticketing dept but still no flight info. My edocs are available too and only the flights home are on it. Its a messed up situation

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

I've everyday called for the past week. Every person says they've escalated it to the ticketing dept but still no flight info. My edocs are available too and only the flights home are on it. Its a messed up situation

Good luck 🤞 that everything works out. This must be very stressful.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

Just received my flights. I have just over 24 hour layover between flight. Good grief! Haha

Maybe it’s just time difference- if it is a 24 hour layover, hopefully it’s in a location that you can make the best of it. Glad you have a flight finally!

16 minutes ago, Atlanta07 said:

Maybe it’s just time difference- if it is a 24 hour layover, hopefully it’s in a location that you can make the best of it. Glad you have a flight finally!

Arrival local time is 12:50pm on NOV 6 and depart 1pm NOV 7 in LAX. Maybe I’ll visit Disneyland 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

Arrival local time is 12:50pm on NOV 6 and depart 1pm NOV 7 in LAX. Maybe I’ll visit Disneyland 😄

Sounds like a plan! At least in LA there is plenty to do and see. Make the most of it and enjoy your vacation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, divincenzo said:

Where are you flying to that there isn't a flight from LAX?  Call NCL, they should fix it, sounds like a mistake.  And for all the naysayers, they WILL correct their mistakes. Been there, done that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Where are you flying to that there isn't a flight from LAX?  Call NCL, they should fix it, sounds like a mistake.  And for all the naysayers, they WILL correct their mistakes. Been there, done that.

Coming in from Toronto. There was a flight available same day with 3 hour layover and google has it priced at $1200, the current flight we have is $1400 on google flights. I know they probably get subsidized pricing but they are definitely some of the pricier options compared to $300-350 few weeks back...

8 minutes ago, divincenzo said:

Coming in from Toronto. There was a flight available same day with 3 hour layover and google has it priced at $1200, the current flight we have is $1400 on google flights. I know they probably get subsidized pricing but they are definitely some of the pricier options compared to $300-350 few weeks back...

My question is where are you going that requires a layover in LAX. 

On 10/24/2022 at 11:48 AM, Diann24 said:

We had great flights with bogo.  Late afternoon flight to DTW, two hours until overnight flight to LHR.

Flight back early afternoon from LGA then 1.5 hour layover to final trip.

Didn't find out until around 30 days so that leaves you wondering.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, divincenzo said:

Make sure you have a change of clothes in your carry on- they may hold your luggage (I speak from experience).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, prov2727 said:

Make sure you have a change of clothes in your carry on- they may hold your luggage (I speak from experience).

A great tip, but seriously ... if they hold your luggage you have bigger problems than what you're going to wear.

• Like 1