Can Carnival have a few sailings just for those who have been Vaccinated?

evandbob

25 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Yes, you're going to have to suck it up, but it's  only going to be for the short term, maybe 2 years or so.

I hope Carnival thinks better of their customers than "you're going to have to suck it up for a while."

I will either stay home and save my money for a brighter day

-or-

Find a vendor/location that doesn't expect me to "suck up" an inferior vacation experience.

If Carnival thinks that they can stay afloat for 2 years on revenue from the "doomers" that think a diminished experience is "worth it", good luck to them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

I hope Carnival thinks better of their customers than "you're going to have to suck it up for a while."

I will either stay home and save my money for a brighter day

-or-

Find a vendor/location that doesn't expect me to "suck up" an inferior vacation experience.

If Carnival thinks that they can stay afloat for 2 years on revenue from the "doomers" that think a diminished experience is "worth it", good luck to them.

Would you prefer it to be phrased like this?: "Some adjustments to the normal tourist experience in the ports we visit are going to have to be implemented to ensure the safety of our passenger and crew, as well as the local population during these exceptional times.  Eventually we hope to return to the more open methods of post visits and excursions, but we also hope you understand why these restrictions are in place for now."

You seem to think Carnival is the only one taking this approach.  I suspect you will find it will be universal across the cruising industry.  Carnival isn't making this stuff up in a vacuum.

So your option may indeed be to find an alternative vacation method such as a land-based AI.  Or just stay home.

And regardless of how it is phrased, it is likely to be the reality.

• Like 3

On 12/4/2020 at 9:55 PM, BlerkOne said:

J&J is developing a one shot vaccine.

On 12/4/2020 at 8:32 PM, Earthworm Jim said:

Who knows for sure, but they are claiming those cards are just reminders to get the second shot, not proof of vaccination.

We just received our first shots a few days ago.  When they handed us the cards, we were told that they can be used for transportation requirements.  She then had us fill them out.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2021 at 1:18 AM, mafiadon said:

The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting covid,

only suppose to not give it to you as sever.

So if you think you are immune from it you are sadly mistaken

Please provide your source. 

What does , “only suppose to give you sever” mean?

27 minutes ago, dog said:

Please provide your source. 

What does , “only suppose to give you sever” mean?

Only suppose to not give it to you as sever (sic), translates as:

"The vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid, only suppose to not give it to you as severe." Kind of twisted the efficacy but, if a vaccinated person does contract a Covid variant, the illness would not be a severe as the effect on the unvaccinated.

Edited by mondello
Punctuation