Can Carnival have a few sailings just for those who have been Vaccinated?

evandbob

Lines are already going to lose customers because of certain mask requirements and other precautions, What's going to happen if they mandate proof of being vaccinated in order to cruise? I doubt they're going to sail half empty ships in order to satisfy all you that are complaining about how vaccines should be mandatory.  If you're this paranoid and worried, perhaps an alternative way of vacationing is something you need to look into.

• Like 6

On 2/8/2021 at 5:41 PM, 737NG said:

Lines are already going to lose customers because of certain mask requirements and other precautions, What's going to happen if they mandate proof of being vaccinated in order to cruise? I doubt they're going to sail half empty ships in order to satisfy all you that are complaining about how vaccines should be mandatory.  If you're this paranoid and worried, perhaps an alternative way of vacationing is something you need to look into.

They also are going to lose customers if they have highly publicized Norovirus outbreaks and if they are proven by their own actions to be floating petri dishes of confined passengers unable to dock at any port even as people die of the outbreak onboard. Oh wait.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

They also are going to lose customers if they have highly publicized Norovirus outbreaks and if they are proven by their own actions to be floating petri dishes of confined passengers unable to dock at any port even as people die of the outbreak onboard. Oh wait.

And they will be shut down by the CDC.

We just got our 1st COVID vax and are booked for the 2nd shot in a month.  When cruises re-start (hopefully), we'll have some immunity, but will only board ships that require immunizations for everyone, crew and passengers.

It will be better for us if a ship has mandated other mitigation efforts as well.  Seems like that's the plan that cruise lines are proposing and that the CDC will approve.  Masks, distancing, excursion bubbles, all good with us if we choose to sail again.

If these restrictions are not in place, then the only way we will cruise is if a 98 -100% cure for COVID is found.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We just got our 1st COVID vax and are booked for the 2nd shot in a month.  When cruises re-start (hopefully), we'll have some immunity, but will only board ships that require immunizations for everyone, crew and passengers.

It will be better for us if a ship has mandated other mitigation efforts as well.  Seems like that's the plan that cruise lines are proposing and that the CDC will approve.  Masks, distancing, excursion bubbles, all good with us if we choose to sail again.

If these restrictions are not in place, then the only way we will cruise is if a 98 -100% cure for COVID is found.

Just curious as to why?  You'll be vaccinated so you're fine....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

Just curious as to why?  You'll be vaccinated so you're fine....

I would assume the poster is not as concerned about getting COVID, but rather the unvaccinated non-social distancing portion of the guests might trigger a local breakout, and everyone on board will suffer the consequences.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:44 PM, evandbob said:

Please everyone should remember that max immunity (as much as the vax can give) begins to occur about 2 or 3 weeks after receiving the 2nd shot.

It's not like I got my shot, I can party now.  

And "normalcy" won't even begin to return until 80% of the population gets vaxxed or develops antibodies. WE made it this far, let's hope a false sense of security won't bring hazardous results.  Keep on masking!!

We will never know "Normal" again. Adaptability is the Key Word. We will learn how to Adapt.   

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 9:07 PM, MsTabbyKats said:

DH and I are scheduled for #2 in a little over a week.  I set 3/1/2021 as my "rebirthday".

The cruiselines could make it simple...no vaccine...no cruise.  Masks...optional.  Social distancing...strongly encouraged.

Masks should never be "optional" as long as the word Covid is in our dialogue.  

17 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

Masks should never be "optional" as long as the word Covid is in our dialogue.  

Why?  Masks haven't been proven to be effective to prevent the spread.   The testing of the masks I've seen is nothing more than a red herring.  The tests are only showing that a mask prevents particles from going outward, not that it's preventing transmission.  I personally believe (as does several high profile silenced researchers) that transmission is mostly occurring via touching your eyes, nose and mouth.  Instead of mask usage, we should wash our hands, use hand sanitizer, disinfect surfaces frequently and take personal responsibility to not touch our faces.  Watch the cases drop like a rock.  Masks could work, but don't because people touch the masks, put them in their purses and generally spread the virus to more surfaces than if they don't wear them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 9:58 AM, asalligo said:

I would love to see a Vaccinated only cruise, but what are they going to say when the outbreak still happens anyway and they have a ship full of vaccinated people with Covid they cannot explain. New Strain!

Even if you are vaccinated, you will still have to wear masks and probably get a pre-cruise test.  Especially if it's been several months since your vaccine was administered.

• Like 1

I've actually found this discussion interesting.  Ultimately,the cruise industry will likely decide whether it makes sense for them to require vaccinations.  They are a private business and will make a decision based on what is best for their bottom line.  My guess is that they will not require them.

I myself plan to get the vaccine at the earliest opportunity.  And once the vast majority of the public has had the opportunity to be vaccinated, I will return to my normal life taking only common courtesy precautions (staying home if sick, covering my face if I sneeze, etc.)  I will not be permanently held hostage to an 'emergency' health protocol.  But we're not there just yet. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jsglow said:

I've actually found this discussion interesting.  Ultimately,the cruise industry will likely decide whether it makes sense for them to require vaccinations.  They are a private business and will make a decision based on what is best for their bottom line.  My guess is that they will not require them.

Apparently there is a question of legality in requiring that customers show proof of vaccination, which is partially why they are hesitant to require them. 

I wish there was a real way of knowing what is going on between the industry and the CDC. They definitely make it seem like the CDC is just ignoring them.

• Like 1

Wondering if those who do not mind taking only the ship's excursions have been on many of them? 

When we first started cruising, we didn't know any better.  Planning our own excursions has been far better than being crammed into a bus chartered by the ship, or on a smaller boat with tons of shipmates.  Not only better, but far less expensive.  Also, what about those ports where you simply want to walk around or want to see something that the ship isn't offering?    You're just SOL?  Just suck it up? Cruises to nowhere do have their place, but why bother going to a foreign port where you don't even get to see what you traveled there for? 

Honest question -- I'm curious what the plans are for people who are okay with the ship-excursion-only plan.

2 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Wondering if those who do not mind taking only the ship's excursions have been on many of them? 

When we first started cruising, we didn't know any better.  Planning our own excursions has been far better than being crammed into a bus chartered by the ship, or on a smaller boat with tons of shipmates.  Not only better, but far less expensive.  Also, what about those ports where you simply want to walk around or want to see something that the ship isn't offering?    You're just SOL?  Just suck it up? Cruises to nowhere do have their place, but why bother going to a foreign port where you don't even get to see what you traveled there for? 

Honest question -- I'm curious what the plans are for people who are okay with the ship-excursion-only plan.

I have and the excursions have been great. 

We're OK with most of the restrictions because it is understandable and beats not cruising. 

4 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

We've enjoyed all three of our Carnival excursions, with one caveat - we did one of those "Top 10 sights of Nassau", and it took far too long as we lingered at the fish fry area with the shops hoping to sell us food if we got hungry enough.  The rest of that tour was good.

We've been ziplining and horseback riding for the other two.  We've not yet taken a non-Carnival excursion, but we like to wander in ports on our own, and for Grand Turk and Princess Cays we just hung out on the beach.

I'm OK paying a bit more for the Carnival excursions because all the logistics and re-planning if something changes is not for me to worry about, but I also understand why some folks like to book on their own.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We've enjoyed all three of our Carnival excursions, with one caveat - we did one of those "Top 10 sights of Nassau", and it took far too long as we lingered at the fish fry area with the shops hoping to sell us food if we got hungry enough.  The rest of that tour was good.

Didn't know there were even 10 things to see in Nassau - LOL!  Have been there around 20x, and have no desire to take any tour.  We usually get off the ship, maybe take a horse/carriage ride and walk the indoor "straw" market.  Off the ship maybe less than 1 hour.   Would not bother me to stay on the ship there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Didn't know there were even 10 things to see in Nassau - LOL!  Have been there around 20x, and have no desire to take any tour.  We usually get off the ship, maybe take a horse/carriage ride and walk the indoor "straw" market.  Off the ship maybe less than 1 hour.   Would not bother me to stay on the ship there.

It was my wife's first cruise, so we did the tour to get a taste of "what is out there".

And yeah, there are 10 interesting things to visit, but some of them were just drive-bys.  Nassau does have some interesting history (as does almost anywhere, if you dig enough under the skin).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Also, what about those ports where you simply want to walk around or want to see something that the ship isn't offering?    You're just SOL?  Just suck it up?

Yes, you're going to have to suck it up, but it's  only going to be for the short term, maybe 2 years or so.  If that restriction isn't  to your liking,  then choose another vacationing method until things return to how they were in 2019.

There are many who wish for things to be how they  always were and sacrifices will have to be made.  This  will include excursion bubbles.  It may also include masks, distancing and vaccines.   It's  all speculation until all of the new guidelines are officially announced.  People either adjust and sacrifice for the short term or stay home.

• Like 2