Best Haven?

kendy

3 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

That private hot tub looks fine to me....I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  

what you need to know, (if you dont already) is this private hot tub is a part of the garden villa. usually the most expensive cabin on the entire ship. it's also over 4000 sq ft. 3 bedrooms, a grand piano in the living room, so its not just beauty  in the eyes of the beholder, its also in the wallet. i dont think ive ever seen this cabin offered for anything less than $10,000 per person. i tried to get my sister in law and her husband to go in with my wife and i and the cabin was still slightly over $20,000.

so if this fits your pocket book,my hat is off to you. i usually try and book a haven suite, but the garden villa is totally out of my range

• Like 1

Before this gets out of view - The 2 Garden Villas on the JEWEL while being in the Haven

they are not shared open Haven public space. The 2 GVs deck 14 forward of the Haven

public space are private staterooms. The Haven is on deck 14 aft of the elevator entry.

There are Owner Suites on decks 9 and 10 and the DOS on deck 15 (above the GV) that

are permitted access to the deck 14 Haven facilities. The Haven facilities on the JEWEL

class ships (JEWEL JADE GEM PEARL) is nowhere near in comparison to the those on

the -AWAY class ships. 

Defining apples oranges peaches mangos pineapples and grape fruits certainly leaves

much to be desired in the description between the two types of Havens !

• Like 1

Any ship with a Haven class of cabins is wonderful. We just adjust our price point of what we're willing to pay based on the type of Haven experience it is.

Some ships have no Haven at all, just a butler and concierge.

Some ships have a Haven courtyard with butler and concierge - but no separate restaurant, lounge and bar.

Some ships get everything and then some.

We've sailed the first 2 options, are booked on the 3rd in April (fingers crossed). If the price is right, I will always choose Haven over a regular balcony room - but the price I'm willing to pay will vary based on the type of experience I'm getting. 

I'm not paying $1000+/day for the Jade, but for an amazing itinerary I would be willing to pay that much for the Bliss or Encore. For comparison, we sailed the Jade in the DOS for $600 pp/day, sailed the Epic in a 2br Haven suite for $350 pp/day (we stole that cruise, I'm still proud of the deal we got on that one), and are booked for an H6 on the Bliss for $485 pp/day. There are deals to be found, just adjust your price point and expectations based on the ship and Haven experience.

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 12/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, complawyer said:

"or a cold brew."     

First time cruisers, we stayed in the Haven on Breakaway and were surprised to discover there is literally no where on the entire ship you can get a craft beer. There simply isn't a thing to be had. My husband was like, "Okay, I guess it's wine and cocktails for the trip", but what the heck is that about? 

Edited by valereee2000

On 12/15/2020 at 7:30 PM, complawyer said:

what you need to know, (if you dont already) is this private hot tub is a part of the garden villa. usually the most expensive cabin on the entire ship. it's also over 4000 sq ft. 3 bedrooms, a grand piano in the living room, so its not just beauty  in the eyes of the beholder, its also in the wallet. i dont think ive ever seen this cabin offered for anything less than $10,000 per person.

Depends how many people. We have 7 sharing it — comes out to much less than $10k per person. Still not cheap, but not that much more than booking 2-3 Haven cabins for the party. 

On 12/15/2020 at 7:30 PM, complawyer said:

i tried to get my sister in law and her husband to go in with my wife and i and the cabin was still slightly over $20,000.

so if this fits your pocket book,my hat is off to you. i usually try and book a haven suite, but the garden villa is totally out of my range

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, havoc315 said:

Depends how many people. We have 7 sharing it — comes out to much less than $10k per person. Still not cheap, but not that much more than booking 2-3 Haven cabins for the party.

You're picking a fight with a post that was made 4 years ago. Don't bump old posts. The world has changed since pre-covid times. And the Prima and Viva have moved to the top of the Haven list. 

Edited by BirdTravels

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You're picking a fight with a post that was made 4 years ago. Don't bump old posts. The world has changed since pre-covid times. And the Prima and Viva have moved to the top of the Haven list. 

Appreciate your posts.  On this one, I disagree.  I found the newly refurbished Haven in the Epic to be my top pick.  Probably the Prima Haven would be a close 2nd.

• Like 2