Carnival wants my 20 Cents

lazydayz

After Carnival cancelled my March sailing on the Mardi Gras, I rebooked for June. Carnival moved my funds over to the new cruise.  Now I have an outstanding balance of $0.20.  Trouble is, you can't pay it online because the balance is too small.  So my PVP and I have to do a call for him to collect my 20 cents.  

Anyone have an amount due that is lower than that?   

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lazydayz said:
After Carnival cancelled my March sailing on the Mardi Gras, I rebooked for June. Carnival moved my funds over to the new cruise.  Now I have an outstanding balance of $0.20.  Trouble is, you can't pay it online because the balance is too small.  So my PVP and I have to do a call for him to collect my 20 cents.  

Nope but $37 for reasons my TA couldnt explain wouldnt transfer which I now have to pay again, they refunded. Carnival rebooking move in mysterious ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lazydayz said:

Send them a 20cent stamp.

2 hours ago, pinto18 said:

That happened to us once only with a bank, we payed off a line of credit but kept getting a bill for 1 cent. My husband taped a penny onto the bill and mailed it to them.

I like his style.  

11 hours ago, lazydayz said:

They are definitely trying to squeeze every penny they can out of these fake bookings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hmmmmm🤔 so approximately how many bookings at the moment do you estimate to be fraudulent other than the 4 i am pretty darn sure was me that made them?? would hate to find out im the only one on the ship when i get there!! Course i would stand a better chance at winning the hairy chest contest😁

1 hour ago, skridge said:

They are definitely trying to squeeze every penny they can out of these fake bookings.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I'm sure their computers only see a balance due and do not differentiate between 20 cents and tens of thousands of dollars.

Even when you talk to a real person, they confirm that balance is due. So this is one we can’t blame on IT.  Most companies would allow their employees to write off such an insignificant sum.  But in the pandemic, cruise lines must need every cent they can get. 

I used to occasionally get tiny checks in the mail, can't remember why they would be sending a check for $.02...  I finally took one into the bank and cashed it.  Told them I didn't want that company's books to not balance because I didn't cash their check.  Now, of course, I would just do a mobile deposit.  EM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doggielover68 said:

Reminds me of a time when I got a bill in the mail for going through a toll booth in another state. The toll was less than the cost of the stamp to send it to me, not to mention the manpower and materials to print, stuff, send. 

Penny wise, pound foolish.  

18 minutes ago, gtalum said:

I'm shocked that they don't have a system in place to waive this.  It costs far more than $0.20 for them to collect.

It should not even be that hard to do. If you are owed refundable OBC under a certain amount, they do not refund it unless you specifically request it. (I believe they donate it to charity, I think St. Judes, ) So they already have a system for treating very small numbers differently.

34 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

It should not even be that hard to do. If you are owed refundable OBC under a certain amount, they do not refund it unless you specifically request it. (I believe they donate it to charity, I think St. Judes, ) So they already have a system for treating very small numbers differently.

Agreed.   Maybe they could take it out of my $800 OBC.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kdr69 said:

hmmmmm🤔 so approximately how many bookings at the moment do you estimate to be fraudulent other than the 4 i am pretty darn sure was me that made them?? would hate to find out im the only one on the ship when i get there!! Course i would stand a better chance at winning the hairy chest contest😁

My point is the booking since March have been bookings that Carnival has known were not going to sail because of the constantly rising numbers of the virus.  I believe that the cruise industry has knowingly tried to get people to book cruises they knew with almost 100% certainty would not sail.  I know this is an unpopular opinion with the cruise at all costs and I don't care.

49 minutes ago, skridge said:

My point is the booking since March have been bookings that Carnival has known were not going to sail because of the constantly rising numbers of the virus.  I believe that the cruise industry has knowingly tried to get people to book cruises they knew with almost 100% certainty would not sail.  I know this is an unpopular opinion with the cruise at all costs and I don't care.

well i just think its a very hard point to prove since we have never known or could know what each day would bring but it is your opinion so i respect that and i was just trying to put a comedic spin on it so no hard feelingd here because as of right now no one persons opinion can have any more weight than any other persons.  I believe we all just want the same thing which is an end to this madness.  Amen dude.

• Like 2