How Oceania can make money during the shutdown

cruisingxpert

3 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I could order it from Amazon too but Oceania wouldn't make any money from them.  

Maybe they could sell of  some of the liquor stock  while they  are at it  LOL

26 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they could sell of  some of the liquor stock  while they  are at it  LOL

I did see where Celebrity is selling their Private Label wine. Maybe Oceania could try that. Don't know who would pay actual money for the Oceania Club wine, but some people might. 

• Haha 3

I believe that all of the O ships passed through Miami at some point or other NCLH facilities. Virtually all of those ships have gone into cold or cool shutdowns. I would imagine all perishables , such as wines, beer, alcohol, etc., etc, were removed from the ships and placed into storage. The every changing temperatures, humidity, and corrosive conditions aboard a ship under current conditions are not conducive to even short term storage, no less 12-18 months of storage.

The write offs for food, probably donations, and other perishables had to be huge. I wouldn’t be surprised that portions of the adult beverages were returned to the various appropriate distributors that supplied them for a negotiated cash price. Booze is selling very well currently! Unlike Viking, for example, O didn’t really have many private label products they’d be stuck with.

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I was joking about the  liquor  stock 🙄

😂 Actually I would guess things like kegs, even bottles, of beer purchased internationally stayed aboard. I would guess the crew drank well for awhile because there was nothing else the lines could do with it. All those opened liquor bottles had to be taken care of by the crew likewise.😜🍷

On 12/12/2020 at 10:17 AM, cruisingxpert said:

I would buy the BVLGARI products in a heartbeat if O would make them available for sale.

The pic below is from the Marriott,Ritz Carlton chains that are selling fragrances, sheets bathrobes etc.  Hey Jancruz- maybe you can get Oceania to do the same

THE FRAGRANCE COLLECTION INSPIRED GIFTS FOR A SENSORY JOURNEYI

Interesting idea..I know liquor and food is a no go..maybe robes, (love Mine slippers etc sheets blankets..(The blue ones from the pool area are great) maybe dishes..(I love them)..give me an idea and I will check..

Jancruz1

On 12/12/2020 at 1:17 PM, cruisingxpert said:

I would buy the BVLGARI products in a heartbeat if O would make them available for sale.

The pic below is from the Marriott,Ritz Carlton chains that are selling fragrances, sheets bathrobes etc.  Hey Jancruz- maybe you can get Oceania to do the same

THE FRAGRANCE COLLECTION INSPIRED GIFTS FOR A SENSORY JOURNEYI

I love this idea and love the BVLGARI items. At the very least they should sell them on the ship... I always wonder why they don't.