Princess said cruise was cancelled but it's still on my account

kangforpres

22 hours ago, dog said:

what can this goodwill credit be used on?

I tried to book an excursion with it, but won’t let me on website. 

It can be used to pay for cruise fare as it is an FCC. Only OBC can be used to book shore excursions in advance of sailing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caribill said:

It can be used to pay for cruise fare as it is an FCC. Only OBC can be used to book shore excursions in advance of sailing.

yes,thanks I can see it was automatically applied to my current booking in my travel summary. 
noticing changes in my personalizer everyday recently. Cance booking has now disappeared. 

4 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Had 3 cancelled cruises on account 2 weeks ago.  Last of the 3 disappeared last week and received deposit refund on CC 2 days ago.  Two to go now.

Oops.  Just found the last 2 refunds in FCC section in the Personalizer.  I had asked my TA for a cash refund when cancelling but it seems that mistakenly translated to cash value FCCs for each of us for the 2 cruises plus $400 of good will FCC.  Suppose i can call Princess and ask for the cash now while giving up the good will.  The two cruises are still showing up in the Personalizer so Princess has not zapped them yet.

Has anyone had a future cruise certificate "lost" in all the credits coming back? My husband's has not been credited back, mine was last week. They said it's there but just not on the account(?) I guess I mean Future cruise deposit that we bought on the ship.

Edited by victory2020

We had 2 cruises booked through the PVP for this year which were canceled and they finally dropped off our personalizer.  The money paid for these cruises, actually from 2020 canceled cruises, was put back into our Princess account.  Now to move it to cruises scheduled for 2022.  

• Like 1

Spoke to Princess today.  Was able to get latest FCC's from our account posted to a cruise we had on hold, so that booking now confirmed...this is the good news.  However, our 2021 cruise which was is still on our Personalizer & was told the FCC's attached to that cruise (from 2020 cancelled cruises) can't be released until the "accounting dept." finalizes the cancellation and we should get an email at that time that the FCC's are back in our account & waiting to be applied.

So, Princess is moving along, slowly, in bits & pieces.

• Thanks 1

My October 2 Pacific Princess cruise that was cancelled over two months ago finally disappeared from my cruise personalizer.  I was looking forward to two nights in Venice and the transatlantic trip on my favorite ship.  It made me sad every time I looked at my future cruises and it was there at the top of the list.  So now I am happy my next cruise is in 367 days.  Hopefully things will be somewhat better by then and we are looking forward to returning to South America as our March Coral Princess cruise was tragically interrupted.