Princess said cruise was cancelled but it's still on my account

kangforpres

We had an Alaska booking for July 2021 that was cancelled by Princess in November and it still shows as an upcoming cruise.  Last year the same thing happened; cruise did not fall off until refund processing was complete.  Be patient, if it is anything like last year, it might take a while for your refund.

Having had many cancellations over the past several months, my experience is that the booking stays on your account until Princess starts processing the refund/FCC. Once they have completed this from their end the booking will disappear. I highly recommend taking a screenshot or printing out the travel summary for your records since once it's gone, it's gone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Our 3 cruises on the Grand Princess in 2021 were cancelled by Princess on 2 Sept.  This evening  those 3 cruises have  finally dropped off of our Upcoming Cruises Section.  One FCD has been returned to our Circle Savings Account.  The other two FCDs (now expired) and a partial payment made on one cruise are to be returned to our credit card.  This takes care of all the refunds, FCCs and FCDs   for our 2020 cancelled cruises.  

Edited by coo359a2

My 2 cruises, b2b in April 2021, booked with a T/A still show up on the Princess web site. I only paid a FCD. 

The challenge is to get my FCD’s back. What’s been peoples success for getting any  FCD’s back. Perhaps a call to Princess. 

Tom😎

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trbarton said:

My 2 cruises, b2b in April 2021, booked with a T/A still show up on the Princess web site. I only paid a FCD. 

The challenge is to get my FCD’s back. What’s been peoples success for getting any  FCD’s back. Perhaps a call to Princess. 

Tom😎

The expiration date for our FCDs  determined if we would get the FCD put back into our Circle Savings Account or if it would be refunded to our credit card.  If our TA cancelled a cruise, the FCD went back to our Account   that day  or it would be a few days before it posted to  our credit card.  It did take several months to get the FCD returned to our Account or put back on the credit card if Princess was the one to cancel the cruise. Either way, we didn't have to call Princess to get this done.

I found something out on a call to Princess yesterday that was new info - for me anyway.

If your cruise was cancelled due to a redeployment, Princess does not automatically cancel it. Makes no sense, but that's how it is.

You must call Princess or your TA to actually cancel it, have it removed from the planner, and start the refund process. 

Example, the 8 day Caribbean Princess sailing scheduled for  Nov 12, 2021. I received a cancellation email, "due to deployment issues", and just assumed that my $200 deposit money would show up eventually.  I was checking on another matter, and the rep explained this, and the reason it was still showing up on my planner. 

So, check your cancellation notification email. If it's due to deployment changes,  it requires action on your part. 

I cannot comment on Covid related cancellations, but there are plenty of threads around that topic. . 

2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Example, the 8 day Caribbean Princess sailing scheduled for  Nov 12, 2021. I received a cancellation email, "due to deployment issues", and just assumed that my $200 deposit money would show up eventually.  I was checking on another matter, and the rep explained this, and the reason it was still showing up on my planner. 

It's possible that all voyage cancellations due to deployment changes might be handled differently. So it is important to read the notice that you receive from Princess.   We received 3 voyage cancellation notices   from Princess  (TA forwarded these to us).  Each cancellation advised that due to deployment changes, the voyage has been cancelled.  We (Princess) will process a refund of any payments received to the original form of payment.  We were also  given the option to rebook any other sailing and receive  a very small Goodwill OBC.     We did not have to contact Princess or our TA to  cancel the cruises, have it removed from our Upcoming Cruises or start the refund process.  It took approximately 3 1/2 months to have Princess complete the process once they cancelled the cruises.  

I was contacted by a Princess representative yesterday.  I was told that first Princess has to "audit" the cruise and make sure what monies are to be refunded and that it is accurate.  Once this is done, they will refund monies and put FCC back to my account.  I was told 60 days, but I figure it will be 90 days like before.

Two of our cruises were cancelled in October:  one by me on 10/20, and one by Princess on 10/23.  I received the refund for the 10/20 cancellation yesterday, 12/15, which was 56 days from cancellation.  The second refund should be coming within the next few days.  BOTH cruises are no longer on my list of future cruises, so I'm assuming they drop off after the refund or FCC is processed.

There is a third cruise that was also cancelled on 10/23 by Princess.  This one was for 125% FCC, and it is still showing in the list, and no FCC yet.

• Like 1

We had three cruises canceled for 2021 and they are still on the list on our personalizer page.  We are still waiting for credit for the last two to be posted to our reservations for 2022.  The first one did give us a credit and it is posted on one of our 2022 cruises.  We have four booked for 2022 and will spend the most time ever at sea on Princess scattered through four cruises in 2022.  

Edited by satxdiver

Our cruise for Jan 2021 is still showing up on our personalizer. We are taking the 125% FCC as soon as they release it. We also had additional FCC that we used from a previous cancellation as well.  Princess is booking future cruise deals and I have no idea what all is due to me and if I can even book another cruise until I know how much I’ll have. So confusing!

• 4 weeks later...

I was waiting for our Alaska 2021 cruise that has been cancelled due to redeployment to drop off and receive our refund. I thought since it’s taking sometime, I thought bugger this and contacted our Princess Holiday Planner to request that she action the cancellation or wave her magic. My thought that it may somehow expedite the refund ..... we received the refund within 2 weeks. She did say she couldn’t indicate how long the refund would take. I happy cruiser here!! 

Can appreciate all frustrations as this was the fastest, with the longest taking 7 months and another was 6 weeks.

We had 3 of our cancelled cruises drop off our accounts on Friday and the FCD’s returned to our accounts.   I chose not to go the FCC route on these cancellations. I now have 2 more cancellations to process.   
The FCC’s from the initial pause (20K+ each) have been assigned to our upcoming cruises.

Our Feb 21 cruise is still on our account.  And of course our FCD is used for that.  Interesting enough we can't cancel ez air without a $499 penalty.  We did a chat with Princess and they said no issues. Everything has been cancelled and it's just time for the site to catch up.  

We're not sure what we're getting back WRT to FCD.  She typed like it's $100 + $100 extra.  I THINK it'll be future cruise CREDIT not DEPOSIT.  We have a Feb 22 booked so should be good with that, but I did wonder if we'd prefer just having the FCD back.  Not sure we get a choice.  Getting the $100 credit SHOULD be a better deal since we usually take 10 and less day cruises so we only get $50.  Sure we miss using it for deposits, but $50 isn't a bad return if we decide to book another cruise BEFORE we go in 22 and have to actually use $$s instead of FCD.  Doubtful that we'll do it since I suspect earliest we book another might be March 23.  Only time will tell.

Your next cruise is in 134 days

FFS18A.jpg

18 Day | Fire & Ice Explorer

Ship: Island Princess Ft. Lauderdale, Florida Departure Date: May 24, 2021

====================================

This cruise was cancelled quite some time ago. It's still showing in my personalizer. Princess said it will go away in time - when they get around to the refunds for the cruise.

• Like 1