Princess current 3 for Free offers

11 hours ago, Tikibird said:

It was booked after the Sea Princess cruise was cancelled (ship was sold) using normal fare $1868 interior.  I just noticed obstructed ocean view at a good price.  Do windows open to allow fresh air?

We often booked obstructed view, if you can pick a cabin number go to the deck plans and check there is distance between the life boats. You might have to settle with a GTY, you get what you get. The good obstructed view cabins go very quickly.

I don't understand why some on here have had to cancel and rebook and others have just refared. Does it depend on your original booking conditions? The person I spoke to yesterday said that the 3 for 3 deal was for new bookings only but it doesn;t appear that way at all.

Leigh

1 minute ago, possum52 said:

I don't understand why some on here have had to cancel and rebook and others have just refared. Does it depend on your original booking conditions? The person I spoke to yesterday said that the 3 for 3 deal was for new bookings only but it doesn;t appear that way at all.

Leigh

I think it boils down on who you get on the phone Leigh, some smarter and more helpful than others. But there needs to be consistency by Princess staff concerning re faring, not fair otherwise.

2 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I think it boils down on who you get on the phone Leigh, some smarter and more helpful than others. But there needs to be consistency by Princess staff concerning re faring, not fair otherwise.

Yes I agree Les, I have refared other cruises without a problem. I'm still not convinced our cruise next November will go ahead but we will see.

Leigh

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Elorac123 said:

It’s still coming up at the same price we paid,will call tomorrow

Cheers Carole

Some cruises aren't included in the Three for Free promo. If it is it will have a red banner on the cruise listing.

23 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Some cruises aren't included in the Three for Free promo. If it is it will have a red banner on the cruise listing.

My Feb Coral was included but it worked out staying with the deal I already had from my TA. I like a inside midship and when I did a search online choosing my own room mid was more expensive

Cheers Carole

25 minutes ago, Elorac123 said:

My Feb Coral was included but it worked out staying with the deal I already had from my TA. I like a inside midship and when I did a search online choosing my own room mid was more expensive

Cheers Carole

You must have got a very good deal through your TA. Did you book it under one of their other recent promos?

8 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

You must have got a very good deal through your TA. Did you book it under one of their other recent promos?

Booked it on launch for $2893 plus I was given $100 obc and picked my room 

Princess $3019 with a guarantee midship $50 obc plus the dining

dont care fora upgrade,so up $302 but no dining

Cheers Carole

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I agree, Princess is generally very kind with refaring, have done a few for me over the years. One reason why I always booked my Princess cruises direct with them on line.

Yeah one of my cruises I refared about 8 times, no issues, indeed we were using a Cruise Consultant at the time and she changed it a couple of times without me even asking “if I have done wrong I can change it back, but thought you would rather $100 off than a bottle of cheep wine, when I know you don’t drink”. Etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

The operator told me that it depended on the type of original fare as to whether he could just reset the fare.  I had booked it when the new cruise timetable came out around September. 

You are right the conditions said for new bookings only.  I even have the same booking reference but son's military benefit has disappeared but an email will fix that.

I had another cruise booking which was done at the same time in September (but is no cheaper in this sale) which I re-booked about a month ago to get OBC when some of us got those emails.  That one was cancelled and then re booked with a different booking reference.  I didn't bother to alter it this time because it would only have given me $50 more OBC plus the dining package and I am not a foodie.  Son would have got half of the extra OBC anyway so I will just keep an eye on prices and re book if it comes down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

Booked it on launch for $2893 plus I was given $100 obc and picked my room 

Princess $3019 with a guarantee midship $50 obc plus the dining

dont care fora upgrade,so up $302 but no dining

Cheers Carole

Sometimes you win in those promos and sometimes you don't. 😃

We've often looked at a promo and worked out it wasn't any cheaper, especially when you add in OBC or any other perks you might have got previously. I wasn't expecting this promo to give us anything but the free cabin upgrade part of it mean't we got our mid-aft premium balcony at the same price as a regular balcony, plus a bit of OBC. Very happy with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is interesting     this 3 for free thingie.....

ended up with on of cancelled cruises.... it wasn't really a great benefit to us

then when booked Nov 2021 had the choice    basic or similar to 3 for free for extra cost....

After looking at before on the cancelled, cruises ,,

the beverage part of the offer... just wasn't worth it to us.... along with it would be a bit of an inconvenience to us.......

Honestly     just hoping next year goes ahead  ( not counting any chickens )

Don    ( now without TA )

11 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

It is interesting     this 3 for free thingie.....

ended up with on of cancelled cruises.... it wasn't really a great benefit to us

then when booked Nov 2021 had the choice    basic or similar to 3 for free for extra cost....

After looking at before on the cancelled, cruises ,,

the beverage part of the offer... just wasn't worth it to us.... along with it would be a bit of an inconvenience to us.......

Honestly     just hoping next year goes ahead  ( not counting any chickens )

Don    ( now without TA )

The 3 for free doesn't cover the drinks package, just a cabin upgrade (or cheaper price if you've already booked a higher grade of cabin, OBC, and speciality dining voucher if the cruise is 7 nights or more.

The two standard pricings are Saver ie the basic cabin price, and Plus with the drinks and internet includes at a higher price but good value if you'd use a drinks package. The 3 for free goes on top of both those fares. I suggest you chech your Nov 21 cruise again under the Saver fare, it might be a bit cheaper depending on what cabin type you've booked.

I get it Saver and Plus  vs 3 for free   sometime miss things....nothing to do with older age      lol

Yes checked we booked Saver for the Nov 21.... plus with FCC and OBC from the cancelled cruises our TA organized a very good price.....

.booked a large cabin  aft..... there is just something about them.

Don

Two of our booked cruises were more expensive under this new offer than the price we had booked them at, but one was cheaper and had some OBC so rang up and rebooked it. I have managed to do this several times over the years, has paid off big time in some cases - which is why I have it as a weekly job to check current pricing of booked cruises. It is great of Princess to allow this.(and I was amazed I got through without any wait!)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lorri111 said:

Two of our booked cruises were more expensive under this new offer than the price we had booked them at, but one was cheaper and had some OBC so rang up and rebooked it. I have managed to do this several times over the years, has paid off big time in some cases - which is why I have it as a weekly job to check current pricing of booked cruises. It is great of Princess to allow this.(and I was amazed I got through without any wait!)

Correction, all cruises are now cheaper - made a difference logging in before getting pricing

• Like 1

LOL have been jumping through hoops today with this 3 for Free offer while trying to upgrade from my original booking.  I had already booked the November 21 Sapphire cruise to NZ with Princess Plus but when I saw the 3 for Free offer email yesterday (also using Princess Plus) and I could upgrade to a Premium Balcony with the new benefits at the el cheapo price ... when I phoned Princess today and requested, nobody at Princess believed me.  I had to supply screenshots to show the pricing on Princess' website (which I did) and they still weren't quite sure.  LOL it's been moved up to "higher management" to sort it out ... after 3 call backs from Princess to recheck. 🙄  Well, the website price is as plain as day (I have proof) so if they argue the point I'll report them to ACCC (yeah I know, 'paper tigers') but I have proof!  Is misrepresentation of advertising (or whatever it's called) still illegal?  If so, I think I've got 'em over a barrel.

1 minute ago, LC1950 said:

LOL have been jumping through hoops today with this 3 for Free offer while trying to upgrade from my original booking.  I had already booked the November 21 Sapphire cruise to NZ with Princess Plus but when I saw the 3 for Free offer email yesterday (also using Princess Plus) and I could upgrade to a Premium Balcony with the new benefits at the el cheapo price ... when I phoned Princess today and requested, nobody at Princess believed me.  I had to supply screenshots to show the pricing on Princess' website (which I did) and they still weren't quite sure.  LOL it's been moved up to "higher management" to sort it out ... after 3 call backs from Princess to recheck. 🙄  Well, the website price is as plain as day (I have proof) so if they argue the point I'll report them to ACCC (yeah I know, 'paper tigers') but I have proof!  Is misrepresentation of advertising (or whatever it's called) still illegal?  If so, I think I've got 'em over a barrel.

That's weird, you shouldn't have that much trouble. Try phoning first thing in the morning, you might get an Aussie support person thst way. Also did you book using an FCD or FCC? You could try putting a hold on a new cabin then getting them to cancel the original booking and transfer the FCD/FCC. 

I'll try again in the morning OzKiwiJJ, it's too late now.  LOL I'm a wee bit over it all.  I originally booked using a FCD.  The prices on Princess' website are as plain as the nose on one's face!  But their operators (4 in all) that I spoke to today just couldn't *cough* "see" it.  Weird, hey?  One person I spoke to actually sounded terribly confused and asked "what cabin category are you talking about?".  When I answered the correct category immediately, they ummed and ahhhed.  Do their people actually know what they are there for?  Oiy veh!  Think Princess has realised it's mistake now by their IT people and are trying to fudge it all. 

I have screenshot proof of what I have seen on their website (which is still there as of 1 minute ago, it hasn't changed!) so IMO, honour it Princess, or suffer the consequences!  But I'll remain cool, calm and totally adamant.

I await tomorrow's decision. 

Do the new booking on hold trick, then phone them. When I called them this morning (about 10am) I originally got someone who was possibly Filapino. As soon as I mentioned refaring I got transferred to an Australian operator, who refared my booking immediately. I think part of the problem is that we have different promos to the US and sometimes the support people don't understand that.

Something crazy is happening when I try to book.

They are only accepting full payment even though I have applied FCD's for each of us.

They have also applied $400 in credit due to cancelled cruises (FCD) from this year. Maybe this is mucking things up.

Did Princess try to charge anybody else full price when booking online?

Looks like a phone call to Princess this morning.😬

14 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Do the new booking on hold trick, then phone them. When I called them this morning (about 10am) I originally got someone who was possibly Filapino. As soon as I mentioned refaring I got transferred to an Australian operator, who refared my booking immediately. I think part of the problem is that we have different promos to the US and sometimes the support people don't understand that.

Thank you for the encouragement OzKiwiJJ ... have been in contact with Princess and tah dah, I've got what I wanted.  Thank you Princess, and thank you "me" for persevering! LOL.

Just received my confirmation email from Princess.  Doing a little happy dance.  Now for this cruise to actually happen.  Oh let's hope 2021 is the turning point with this Covid thing!

5 minutes ago, LC1950 said:

Thank you for the encouragement OzKiwiJJ ... have been in contact with Princess and tah dah, I've got what I wanted.  Thank you Princess, and thank you "me" for persevering! LOL.

Just received my confirmation email from Princess.  Doing a little happy dance.  Now for this cruise to actually happen.  Oh let's hope 2021 is the turning point with this Covid thing!

That's great news. Yes, hopefully we'll all be cruising by then.