Alaska cruise trying to decide between ships

curlybelle2

1 hour ago, John99 said:

What ever cruise ship you decided on make sure the itinerary includes Glacier Bay National Park.  The Majestic does not cruise into Glacier Bay.  Instead the itinerary includes Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier.

The May, June, July, and September 2022 cruises on Majestic from Vancouver all have Glacier Bay on the itinerary. In fact the September 2022 cruise is a 10-day highlighting Glacier Bay. Are you suggesting that the Princess itineraries as listed are somewhat misleading? Or is it perhaps a change from from previous year?

We are currently booked on a 14-day round trip out of Vancouver in June visiting Glacier Bay twice on Majestic. If you believe this is an error we need to rethink the itinerary.

Thanks for your help and clarification,

Greg

10 minutes ago, USNA 72 said:

The May, June, July, and September 2022 cruises on Majestic from Vancouver all have Glacier Bay on the itinerary. In fact the September 2022 cruise is a 10-day highlighting Glacier Bay. Are you suggesting that the Princess itineraries as listed are somewhat misleading? Or is it perhaps a change from from previous year?

We are currently booked on a 14-day round trip out of Vancouver in June visiting Glacier Bay twice on Majestic. If you believe this is an error we need to rethink the itinerary.

Thanks for your help and clarification,

Greg

I see Glacier Bay on many Majestic Princess' 2022 itineraries. If shown on the Princess web site believe it, it's Princess' plan.

On 1/3/2021 at 11:17 AM, nini said:

We have sailed Alaska 4 times and loved hanging in Skywalker's for glacier viewing days

because you could also run outside quickly and then back in to warm up.

Grand Princess doesn't have Skywalker's, leaving it without a good observation lounge. While Coral Princess doesn't have one either, the Horizon Court can be used as one, being at the front of the ship. 

22 hours ago, skynight said:

I see Glacier Bay on many Majestic Princess' 2022 itineraries. If shown on the Princess web site believe it, it's Princess' plan.

Yikes.  I am booked on Majestic Grand on a DB4 tour in 2022 and it does include Glacier Bay.  IT BETTER INCLUDE IT.....

19 hours ago, Dunk said:

Grand Princess doesn't have Skywalker's, leaving it without a good observation lounge. While Coral Princess doesn't have one either, the Horizon Court can be used as one, being at the front of the ship. 

I realize that. I was reminiscing about when we were on the Golden

and Crown.

Sure, use the Coral's Horizon Court... if you can see out. (Due to humidity and plain

old dirty windows, seeing out was next to impossible).

2 hours ago, nini said:

I realize that. I was reminiscing about when we were on the Golden

and Crown.

Sure, use the Coral's Horizon Court... if you can see out. (Due to humidity and plain

old dirty windows, seeing out was next to impossible).

The Promenade deck is great on Coral Princess for viewing glaciers.

I have sailed Alaska a ton and have never gone up to Skywalkers. I want to be outside, hear the glaciers, etc....

Edited by Coral

2 hours ago, Coral said:

The Promenade deck is great on Coral Princess for viewing glaciers.

I have sailed Alaska a ton and have never gone up to Skywalkers. I want to be outside, hear the glaciers, etc....

Coral-

We DID go outside and that was the beauty of Skywalker's. There is a door that takes you outside and there is public viewing area. When we became really chilly, we would pop back into Skywalker's,

warm up for a few moments then go back out.

Try it, you may be surprised and the views are glorious for 360 degrees whereas you

are limited on the Promenade.

14 minutes ago, nini said:

Try it, you may be surprised and the views are glorious for 360 degrees whereas you

are limited on the Promenade.

Not limited at all on Promenade. I can walk all around it. I also find pictures better when you are more at a lower level (and not at a higher level like most people think). A lesson I learned from a world famous photographer. 

Edited by Coral

On 1/3/2021 at 12:50 PM, curlybelle2 said:

Thank You everyone for your replies. I appreciate the information. I know 2022 is a better choice but we are planning on taking my Dad and he has Parkinson's. Not sure he would be up to it in 2022. We don't know what the future holds. 

Thanks again for your info!

Kaye

My comments (about the Majestic) were based on post #11 relative to  her dad’s medical condition.  Kaye comment about looking at 2021 itineraries which might be more appropriate.  I should have been more specific about 2021.  Sorry for the confusion.  I agree with others about the Majestic for 2022.