The Daily for Thursday Jan 7, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Good day to all!

Sorry for being so late today, as it is currently 9.25pm and as a true HAL cruiser, I will be retiring to bed soon.  DW is watching Bridgerton (?) on Netflix.

I thought I would share a snow picture with you.  This was our garden this morning.  We rarely get snow here, and an amount like this would have been enough to bring traffic gridlock if we were not already in lockdown and there is very little traffic.  It would be a good bet that this will be the only snow we will have for at least 12 months. Or to put it another way, I hope to have at least 2 cruises done before it snows here again.  ☺️

20210107_092339.jpg

Just watched first episode of Bridgerton  on Netflix. Jury is still out, will try one more episode. I was a huge downton Abby fan so I thought I might like this, too. I just finished broadchurch, all three seasons and would gladly watch three more. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, superoma said:

Just watched first episode of Bridgerton  on Netflix. Jury is still out, will try one more episode. I was a huge downton Abby fan so I thought I might like this, too. I just finished broadchurch, all three seasons and would gladly watch three more. 

Thanks for the recommendation.  We will add it to our list.

Did you watch Queen's Gambit?  that was really good (as was the soundtrack!)  It is difficult to find movies/series that do not have body parts hitting the camera and unnecessary violence and gore.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I wonder how some of these are working.  The territories in particular pose a particular challenge and I know the Pfizer vaccine comes in vials of 6 doses that must be used very quickly after they leave the deep freeze.  I wonder if the Yukon folks were people who were already going to bigger cities for health checks and getting vaccinated in the process.

Roy

I think for distant areas, which do not have the necessary deep freezers, they are sending the Moderna vaccine, but those three in the Yukon could definitely have gone elsewhere for their jabs.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

to dfish and cat shepard.  bought a whirlpool the dead one was lg.  pretty much the same but has a steam clean feature instead of the high heat clean. comes next wednesday so all cooking has to be done on the top burners or take out.  I’m voting for take out.   hope no one else loses refrig, dishwasher or microwave, just dont post if you do. 😩😩.   linda

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Did you watch Queen's Gambit?  that was really good (as was the soundtrack!)  It is difficult to find movies/series that do not have body parts hitting the camera and unnecessary violence and gore.

Queens gambit is on my list too

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, zigdilcru said:

to dfish and cat shepard.  bought a whirlpool the dead one was lg.  pretty much the same but has a steam clean feature instead of the high heat clean. comes next wednesday so all cooking has to be done on the top burners or take out.  I’m voting for take out.   hope no one else loses refrig, dishwasher or microwave, just dont post if you do. 😩😩.   linda

Does that count for all appliances?  My washing machine has been making strange noises... lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

How 'bout "The Crown?" We've got season 1 and 2 on DVD and liked them both. Hoping season #3 will be available on DVD soon

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

Does that count for all appliances?  My washing machine has been making strange noises... lol

My appliance guru was able to repair mine when it started sounding like a rocket engine during the spin cycle. The bearings? 

It is an LG - my guru said LG’s washer & dryer are the only two appliances of theirs he recommends. He also told me that I should never use more than two tablespoons of liquid detergent - and then only if it is a full load.

OK, I have hit rock bottom. I am discussing laundry on CC. Sigh.

• Like 9
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Question for Canadian Dailyites--How do Canadians feel about the vaccines.  Do you have as many anti-vaxxers as we do?

Roy

We definitely have anti-vaxxers, but they are viewed as a lunatic fringe minority. It was an in fad among certain groups for a while, as long as there was no actual threat of infectious disease, but that was replaced by newer fads like ‘part time Vegan’ some time ago.

There is a larger group who want the vaccine, but also want to wait for the bugs to be worked out of the distribution roll out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Noooo..... mine is an LG! What evil did yours do?

The touch controls pad stopped working for certain burners. Here was the tough message I had to swallow - my guru could have easily repaired it, if LG had not stopped making parts for a 7 year old stove.  

Let’s just say I was upset.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

The latest I can gather from local news is that WA state will start vaccinating those over 70 at the end of this month.  At least that's the goal.  I guess I won't complain about turning 70 this month!  😄  We still have to vaccinate residents of nursing homes etc. so we'll see if that goal is met but I'm happy to be somewhere near the top.

Wow!  This month?  Where did you see that?  That would be great!  I'm a SnoCo resident also and, although I don't have a cruise booked 'til August, was hoping to get both jabs ASAP to have time to recover from possible side effects and to develop the immunity.

Edited by Av8rix
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

It is an LG - my guru said LG’s washer & dryer are the only two appliances of theirs he recommends. He also told me that I should never use more than two tablespoons of liquid detergent - and then only if it is a full load.

We have an LG washer/dryer and when we purchased them we were told the same thing. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

Wow!  This month?  Where did you see that?  That would be great!  I'm a SnoCo resident also and, although I don't have a cruise booked 'til August, was hoping to get both jabs ASAP to have time to recover from possible side effects and to develop the immunity.

Here you go, it's dated yesterday.  Wouldn't it be great if this really happens?  

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Articles/ID/2554/Who-goes-next-Washington-releases-next-phase-of-vaccine-prioritization

The graph linked in the body of the article is very interesting.

Edited by Cruising-along
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

no I’m okay replaced washer and dryer in June , sure hope yours doesnt need replacing, they have too many stupid things on appliances these days, all of which like to break.   Linda

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

Here you go, it's dated yesterday.  Wouldn't it be great if this really happens?  

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Articles/ID/2554/Who-goes-next-Washington-releases-next-phase-of-vaccine-prioritization

The graph linked in the body of the article is very interesting.

The Washington DOH and the Governor's office have been pretty busy this week. Jay Inslee just announced new phases for reopening and placed the entire state into phase one beginning next Monday. Inslee announces “Healthy Washington–Roadmap to Recovery” | by WA Governor’s Office | Washington State Governor's Office | Jan, 2021 | Medium

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My sister is spending her 65th birthday tomorrow driving half way across Washington to give vaccines for two days. 

My PCC did some magic and got my Alaska trip moved to another ship this morning so that was encouraging. 

Thanks Rich, Roy and everyone for the thread. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, zigdilcru said:

When mine broke I could use the burners if I plugged it in, but there was a constant beeping that went along with it.  I had a lot of take out while I waited for the new one.  I don't think you were on back then, but it all started when I went to clean the oven using the self clean feature.  Never clean your oven!

I didn't know about steam clean.  Mine has a built in air fryer.

• Like 4