the Daily for Saturday Jan 9, 2021

richwmn

19 hours ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.   

My, my the appliance discussion continues on.  Between appliances and laundry you can really tell we've been in isolation for a long time.  So, my question is:   Liquid or powder?

Definitely powder here, for wash and dishes. And we include a sprinkle of LemiShine in the dishwasher to handle hard water spots.

Yep. Too long at home.

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Norseh2o said:

The appliance thread is a jinx?!  The last 2 evenings while cleaning the kitchen after supper, the refrigerator sure seemed noisier than before reading about cc member appliance adventures... 

This thread  has now produced a more dangerous variant. Something just went wrong with our breaker panel, and suddenly the bedrooms and ensuite are without electricity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

This thread  has now produced a more dangerous variant. Something just went wrong with our breaker panel, and suddenly the bedrooms and ensuite are without electricity.

Yikes 😱 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm behind the times as well.  My fridge is almond.  It really doesn't go with the white kitchen, but hey, it still runs.

We have almond (now called Bisque) fridge & dishwasher front.  Stove/oven is black & I hate it.  BTW - the fridge is 33 years old.

Edited by 57redbird
more info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Let's hope it isn't contagious.  Or, if you've already had an appliance break down, does that give you immunity?   If so, how long will it last?  Do I have to replace an appliance every year?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

Let's hope it isn't contagious.  Or, if you've already had an appliance break down, does that give you immunity?   If so, how long will it last?  Do I have to replace an appliance every year?

Definitely too much quarantine for all of us!

And for some of the more recent posts, we need a “yikes” button.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Eek. 

Though not as dangerous as a breaker panel issue, my gas fireplace is acting very finicky. It gets a yearly checkup before “Winter”. 

I lit it for the first time on Christmas morning to get the chill out. It lasted 5 minutes. 

Last week, Roger - yes, we are now on a first name basis, returned. Declared it was dust in the line, and he cleaned it out. Tested the fireplace by leaving it on for 20 minutes. All was perfect. 

Today I turned it on & it lasted a bit more than 75 minutes before doing the exact same thing! So I have a call in to Roger, cause he needs to blow harder, or something to get all the dust out. At least there is no charge for his visits. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 1

So I finally sat down at my Windows system several hours ago to begin posts about my 2013 Antarctica cruise (on this day in 2013 style) and cannot get logged in to CC. That actually has been going on for several months, and I’ve just said “forget it- deal with it later”. My password and username are correct, and I have manually entered them as well as pasted them in. I just get denied as incorrect credentials and put on time out for 15 minutes. Using Edge and Chrome with the same results. I have sent an email to CC Help.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I’m having no problem from my iPhone, and except for having to re-login, no problem with the iPad. 

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Yikes 😱 

4 hours ago, dfish said:

4 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Eek. 

Though not as dangerous as a breaker panel issue, my gas fireplace is acting very finicky. It gets a yearly checkup before “Winter”. 

I lit it for the first time on Christmas morning to get the chill out. It lasted 5 minutes. 

Last week, Roger - yes, we are now on a first name basis, returned. Declared it was dust in the line, and he cleaned it out. Tested the fireplace by leaving it on for 20 minutes. All was perfect. 

Today I turned it on & it lasted a bit more than 75 minutes before doing the exact same thing! So I have a call in to Roger, cause he needs to blow harder, or something to get all the dust out. At least there is no charge for his visits. 

Good news! The breaker panel is working again, and we have lights. The switch is stiff, and doesn’t always reset without a good hard snap. Now I’m tiptoeing around everything just in case. Ann, I hope Roger can get your gas fireplace to behave. That seems more troublesome than a lazy breaker switch.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

So I finally sat down at my Windows system several hours ago to begin posts about my 2013 Antarctica cruise (on this day in 2013 style) and cannot get logged in to CC. That actually has been going on for several months, and I’ve just said “forget it- deal with it later”. My password and username are correct, and I have manually entered them as well as pasted them in. I just get denied as incorrect credentials and put on time out for 15 minutes. Using Edge and Chrome with the same results. I have sent an email to CC Help.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I’m having no problem from my iPhone, and except for having to re-login, no problem with the iPad. 

Have you tried re-booting the computer?  (They always ask that one first!🤓)  

Try clearing 'cookies'.  type   " chrome://settings/ "  in the address bar, then from the left screen select " Privacy and security" then select " clear browsing data "  then select " All Time" and ensure that only "cookies" and Cached images and files" are ticked (white tick in a blue highlight box) then select " clear data".

🤞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Have you tried re-booting the computer?  (They always ask that one first!🤓)  

Try clearing 'cookies'.  type   " chrome://settings/ "  in the address bar, then from the left screen select " Privacy and security" then select " clear browsing data "  then select " All Time" and ensure that only "cookies" and Cached images and files" are ticked (white tick in a blue highlight box) then select " clear data".

🤞

Am trying this now. Clearing Edge did not work, so I have 2 strikes against me as I head to Chrome.

10 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Am trying this now. Clearing Edge did not work, so I have 2 strikes against me as I head to Chrome.

Well, I struck out with Chrome too. It HAS to be my account, as you can see by this post. 

Sending email and reporting my own posts to the Mods.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

I see that you were able to post using your original member name (TiogaCruiser) two hours ago.  Nothing has been changed on our end with your original account.  If you'd like, we can try resetting that password for you, but as I said everything appears OK on this end. 

6 minutes ago, LauraS said:

I see that you were able to post using your original member name (TiogaCruiser) two hours ago.  Nothing has been changed on our end with your original account.  If you'd like, we can try resetting that password for you, but as I said everything appears OK on this end. 

That's the problem. I can (and have been able to) post on the original account but ONLY from my iphone or ipad. Not from my Windows system. I did reset my PW yesterday without luck. 😞 but i am willing to do so again. 

(Can we take this to email so as not to fill up the Daily? 🙂 )

Edited by TiogaCruiser2

17 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Well, glory be!  I logged out on the new account and into my real account. 

And we can see, I am in on my Windows machine. 

Isn't technology great?  (rhetorical question as I already know the answer!)

• Haha 1