the Daily for Saturday Jan 9, 2021

richwmn

Good evening, everyone.   

My, my the appliance discussion continues on.  Between appliances and laundry you can really tell we've been in isolation for a long time.  So, my question is:   Liquid or powder?

It was a glorious day here.  Temps were crisp (a nice way to say cold), but the sun was brilliant.  I went walking in the neighborhood this morning and met a couple of neighbors.  I will say, the pandemic has really brought people out in the neighborhood when they can get out and I've gotten to know them a lot better.   

Made a big pot of chili and it was so good for dinner!   For some reason, I just had a desire for chili that wouldn't go away, so I gave in and made it.  I have some in the freezer for a couple weeks from now.  

Have a great evening!

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.   

My, my the appliance discussion continues on.  Between appliances and laundry you can really tell we've been in isolation for a long time.  So, my question is:   Liquid or powder?

It was a glorious day here.  Temps were crisp (a nice way to say cold), but the sun was brilliant.  I went walking in the neighborhood this morning and met a couple of neighbors.  I will say, the pandemic has really brought people out in the neighborhood when they can get out and I've gotten to know them a lot better.   

Made a big pot of chili and it was so good for dinner!   For some reason, I just had a desire for chili that wouldn't go away, so I gave in and made it.  I have some in the freezer for a couple weeks from now.  

Have a great evening!

Liquid and I make my own with washing soda, borax and grated hard soap-have for years

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, dfish said:

Good evening, everyone.   

Have a great evening!

First, liquid.

Great minds think alike.  We finished the pot of chili  I made the other night.  😀

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@kazu  picture of my half wall and fridge:

B1442041-7602-47CF-BF9B-A0A17C037345.thumb.jpeg.600a45e2464330f3669785ff62743075.jpeg

And I just got out the measuring tape and it comes out 38” (without measuring the door handles) from the wall. It’s about 3 1/2” from the back wall. 

Thanks kindly, Sharon.

another option for me might be not to put the fridge so far back too, but I don’t want it to stick out too far.  

Much appreciated 😄 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Av8rix said:

I learned my lesson on my first transit.  Since then I've never attempted to fight my way through the crowds to the bow.  I watch the transit from the little "secret" viewing post on deck 6 on the dearly-departed R-class and S-class ships.  Never been through on the bigger ships but I'll bet there are alternatives there too.

You’re right - there are.

we were in a spot on the Westerdam where there were few people and yes, they did serve us Panama buns.

honestly though for @cruisemom42 or anyone else doing this cruise - that spot is only good as you enter.  Once you are going through - you need to have a spot (or move about) to see everything.

Our verandah worked well when we were so close to the wall and I could see some flora and a lot of fauna but shortly - it was time to go elsewhere.

It really is a nice day 🙂 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks kindly, Sharon.

another option for me might be not to put the fridge so far back too, but I don’t want it to stick out too far.  

Much appreciated 😄 

Okay, I'll join in!  We have a counter-depth GE Profile (I don't really recommend it, it makes a lot of noise "clearing its throat"  - something to do with the ice maker).  But I can't open the door and the drawers beside the fridge at the same time, I just have to be careful.  It is pulled out about 2 inches from the wall beyond the door.

.IMG_0107.thumb.jpeg.14abe21516a9a9f8dbf07a86b83ce2c0.jpeg

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

@kazu  picture of my half wall and fridge:

B1442041-7602-47CF-BF9B-A0A17C037345.thumb.jpeg.600a45e2464330f3669785ff62743075.jpeg

And I just got out the measuring tape and it comes out 38” (without measuring the door handles) from the wall. It’s about 3 1/2” from the back wall. 

ooh, Sharon, ours are a bit different.  I have two, equally deep freezer drawers. Inside the fridge, right above the freezer is the drawer I use for wine, cheese & blueberries. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks kindly, Sharon.

Much appreciated 😄 

No problem!   Hope it works out for you. We really didn’t “need” to replace our appliances (except for the dishwasher that was leaking) but I am so happy we did. Finally everything matches and it makes me happy. It was a retirement gift to myself. 😊

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kazu said:

I second that.  My friend recommended the brand to me for a dishwasher (not for other appliances) and it’s the quietest dishwasher I’ve ever seen.  Love it.

I got a bosh dishwasher a few years ago and love it because it’s so quiet. I had to replace my refrigerator and wanted the one with the French doors and freezer on the bottom. The only one that made one to fit my space was LG and it’s been working like a charm. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

ooh, Sharon, ours are a bit different.  I have two, equally deep freezer drawers. Inside the fridge, right above the freezer is the drawer I use for wine, cheese & blueberries. 

I love the sound of your drawer.  Does a cardbordeaux fit there 😉 😂 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

We would agree with that.  And if she has had surgery for lymph node removal then she will not be able to have an injection on that side, period.

That’s good information. I had lymph nodes removed, all benign, and know I can’t do blood, pressure on that arm. However, I wasn’t aware not to do vaccines. With all the drive by sites, that of course is my left arm that would be out the driver’s door. So much to think about.

• Like 3

All these fridges make me feel like I am really behind the times.

I just got my first freezer ever with covid last year and my fridge is the standard white one.  But, my stove and dishwasher are stainless steel.

And I absolutely love my new washer and dryer.  They are Huebsch and when the washer goes, it sounds like you are at sea with the swishing.  DH no longer complains about the laundry and hey, with dogs who DH keeps giving towels to, we have laundry 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Not sure if this helps, but this drawers is 26” wide x 16” deep by 3” high.  

LOL -  it’s ok, cardbordeaux goes on a shelf for pouring. I was mostly teasing - but thanks - that’s a big help as I figure things out.

First I need the promised cheque back from my travel insurance.  Let’s see I need to rely on the insurance company AND Canada Post?  Does anyone see a problem here?  LOL 😉 

Or, it could help with another cruise - hmmm - decisions, decisions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kazu said:

All these fridges make me feel like I am really behind the times.

I just got my first freezer ever with covid last year and my fridge is the standard white one.  But, my stove and dishwasher are stainless steel.

I'm behind the times as well.  My fridge is almond.  It really doesn't go with the white kitchen, but hey, it still runs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had been researching new stainless steel cutlery as our 50+ year old stuff was so dingy I hated it.  Then we visited my cousin in California and I fell in love with her Bosch dishwasher.  We ordered one for our kitchen, and it was amazing.  Within a couple of weeks all my cutlery looked like new.  Think of all it saved us!  

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

@kazu I can not believe anything could pour from this drawer. But it might help to chill something before pouring. 😉

I do believe I would vote for the cruise - unless your fridge dies....

41 minutes ago, dfish said:

Definitely a cruise.   Appliances are only good for entertainment during a pandemic.  

Great minds think alike 😆 😂 

Love the “only entertainment in a pandemic”.  So true.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

We had been researching new stainless steel cutlery as our 50+ year old stuff was so dingy I hated it.  Then we visited my cousin in California and I fell in love with her Bosch dishwasher.  We ordered one for our kitchen, and it was amazing.  Within a couple of weeks all my cutlery looked like new.  Think of all it saved us!  

I think Bosch should be paying us for these endorsements 😉 

Seriously, glad you are happy too.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I’ve never used a yogurt container, and would also love to see how it’s done.

I use a large zip tie cut to length to fit the width of the mask. It’s sewn in between the inner and outer layers halfway between the nose and the chin. It bows out as a guard to keep the mask off your mouth when you’re  wearing it.  When the mask is off it lies flat to slip in a pocket or purse.

This shows one tied as when worn - the plastic zip tie holds it away from the face. The other is folded flat for carrying. The original post wouldn’t let me edit to add the photo.

A4FE468F-5F72-46FA-8E97-F2D453D2E2BA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vict0riann said:

Cutlery is expensive. Especially what you would get.😉

So you MUST have saved enough for a cruise.😇😇😁

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1