Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

30 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Well, the Vaccine Queue Calculator has just updated itself to take into consideration the extended gap between jabs, and the 65plus group has slipped from middle to end of March to sometime between middle May and middle June to complete both doses.

They are based on 1million being vaccinated per week, with an uptake of 70.6%, so not being either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Flipping heck, I’m now down for 17 Oct - 3O November. Almost a full year away! 

37 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

Well, the Vaccine Queue Calculator has just updated itself to take into consideration the extended gap between jabs, and the 65plus group has slipped from middle to end of March to sometime between middle May and middle June to complete both doses.

They are based on 1million being vaccinated per week, with an uptake of 70.6%, so not being either overly pessimistic or overly optimistic.

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk

Crikey, I see what you mean.  They have changed the way they do it.  For my husband who is 82, it said between 2/1/21 and 29/2/21.  Now it says this?  Which is taking into account both doses.

"Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 01/04/2021 and 25/05/2021.

So then I did it for me.  I am 73 and apparently I am ahead of him.  Don't think it's working properly.

Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 25/03/2021 and 19/05/2021.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Crikey, I see what you mean.  They have changed the way they do it.  For my husband who is 82, it said between 2/1/21 and 29/2/21.  Now it says this?  Which is taking into account both doses.

"Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 01/04/2021 and 25/05/2021.

I will have the vaccine but I wonder for people like me who has had covid19 whether an antibody test to check if we still have protection would free up thousands of doses of vaccines for people who have not been tested positive.

With most of the country now in Tier 4, and the most optimistic estimate of vaccine rollout being late Spring to the most vulnerable, the chances of many P&O passengers feeling safe to cruise, even if this prospect were to be allowed by April is (at best) low.  This will affect us but sorry for everyone else affected too.

Please consider that Tier 4 guests may not travel internationally, even if the set up was safe and the receiving countries were prepared to allow ships to dock.

We are also moving back in to the territory where crews would need to be given notice.  Balance payments are becoming due again, which as we know is in the company's control.  3rd wave of refunds still not sorted.

I sense that we are coming towards another pause - announced either Tuesday 5th or Tuesday 12th, approximately 10am. 

TA's to find out day before...cruises off sale from about 9.45am on the day...just in case anyone is booking a "January sales" cruise....

Same drill - all prospective passengers to go to their FCC stations please, with their online refund forms completed...

P&O New Year's Resolution: Refund with confidence...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The calculator is based on a million vaccinations a week.

The PM said that 'millions' of vaccinations would be completed by the end of the year, and the actual figure will be, at best, 750,000.

Probably wiser to amend the calculator settings to half a million a week, being optimistic. 

12 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Probably wiser to amend the calculator settings to half a million a week, being optimistic. 

I've just tried that - I'm in the 65+ group and it predicts I'll be done by early December 2021.🥴

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

So then I did it for me.  I am 73 and apparently I am ahead of him.  Don't think it's working properly.

Given a vaccination rate of 1,000,000 a week and an uptake of 70.6%, you should expect to receive your two doses of vaccine and be fully protected by between 25/03/2021 and 19/05/2021.

Very strange as I am 70 with no other conditions and it is coming up with a two dose date estimate of 25/3/2021 and 19/5/2021 at 1,000,000 a week.  The important point IMO is the first jab though as hopefully will be protected from serious illness 22 days after that.

I am not concerned what is said or speculated as the point is vaccination will happen when it does and discussing it will not change that date.  What was repeatedly said in the press conference was that it will depend on vaccine supply, so we will just have to wait and see.  I am still concerned that Brexit could affect vaccine delivery, along with the EU putting in a big order, but again we will have to wait and see.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

My new dates are between 19 May and 21 June, The June date is the final payment date for my September cruise and I am pretty certain I will not be cruising without both doses.. Changing the rate to 1.5 million per week brings both dates into April so I will be cancelling the May cruise

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I think we have a possible cruise October 2021.  I can see that maybe happening.  We will see.  Balance will be due late July.

According to the new calculations, my new date is 25/3/2021 to 19/5/2021.  Frank, 25/5/2021 to 25/3/2021. Yep , Frank's is really written that way round!!! Something's definitely wrong. 

That aside we have a cruise balance due 27/3/2021 which will most likely not be paid, but still holding out hope for our October cruise balance due on 11th July🤞

Avril

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

This is smoke and mirrors though.

It ordinally showed your first jab date - as between 02/01/21 and 29/02/21 with the second to follow three weeks later. Now it shows the date of your full protection. Thats jab 2 + 7 days. As jab 2 can now be 12 weeks after jab one, the dates should have moved 13 weeks (3 months) later - which they have.

More concerned that it originally gave a date of 29/02/21!.

Secondly, they are using a linear model. JVT yesterday cautioned against a linear model as whilst they were starting slowly, it would the build up. Matt Hancock said in parliament that they were distributing  500,000 doses next week and then no more til 2 million at the start of February. Later the media corrected his statement based upon a press release which said, 500,000 a week from next week building to between 1m and 2m a week by early February.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Later the media corrected his statement based upon a press release which said

500,000 a week from next week building to between 1m and 2m a week by early February.

Do you have a link to an authoritative source for this, please.

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Co-incidentally, my dates are: 21/06/2021 and 10/09/2021which are exactly 13 weeks later than previously calculated!

My supposed dates have slipped from 2 June early last week to 30 November now - more than 13 weeks. 

6 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Not as many as you tried to hype, but hey ho it will be as it is.

Keep warm and safe everyone,it does seem to be a little bit worse then a cold!

Not been in anyone's company since 16th March so maybe being

a bit sharp!

12 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Not as many as you tried to hype, but hey ho it will be as it is.

Keep warm and safe everyone,it does seem to be a little bit worse then a cold!

a bit sharp!

I tried to hype? 

You know, what need at the moment is hope. Not someone kicking the last bits of positivity out of us. 

Happy new year! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

a bit sharp!

Keep yourself safe Mercury, all any of us can do is look after ourselves as best we can. 

Happy New Year and let's hope you can get to enjoy a bit of freedom in the not too distant future. 

As you say, it is what it is...

Andy 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Amelia Noylam said:

Hi Everyone 

Positive thoughts for 2021, but realistically lets start booking the cruises for 2022.

Happy New Year

Welcome to CC and to our forum.

Hope you have a happy and healthy New Year.

Graham.

Happy 2021 everyone. We have 2 cruises booked. One for June and one for next Christmas and New Year. Don.t hold much hope for June but am optimistic for december. Looking at the prices they have increased substantially which is to be expected as the ships will not be sailing at full capacity for the foreseeable future.

• Like 3