FCC question related to cruise planner purchases

jean87510

I have $1400 FCC from cruise planner purchases (125%) from a cancelled November 2020 cruise.  I applied them to a may 2021 cruise that honestly I don't see happening.  If/when the May cruise is cancelled, will I be reimbursed the $1400 as an FCC for cruise planner purchases or the original amount which was $1100 (or close)?  I tried doing a search but couldn't seem to find the answer.

4 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I have $1400 FCC from cruise planner purchases (125%) from a cancelled November 2020 cruise.  I applied them to a may 2021 cruise that honestly I don't see happening.  If/when the May cruise is cancelled, will I be reimbursed the $1400 as an FCC for cruise planner purchases or the original amount which was $1100 (or close)?  I tried doing a search but couldn't seem to find the answer.

Do you mean OBC (onboard credit)? FCC (future cruise credit) can only be used for the cruise fare itself.  

Edited by rockmom

5 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You will be able to move them and you also may have an option to get a refund of the original amount. 

• Like 1

Slight confusion here.   Aren't cruise planner dollars spent considered OBC to be used on a lift and shift at the original dollar amount spent, plus a bonus of 25%?  You would then have 125% to spend on your shifted cruise?

These monies could also be spent as soon as your lift and shift was finalized instead of waiting for it to be used on board.  The "dynamic pricing" policy for certain items would be substantially higher if you had to wait until you got on board, making the 25% bonus a mute point.  As long as you can spend it beforehand, it would make it worthwhile.

Looking for clarification because we have about 1200 in cruise planner monies tied up for our late August Oasis cruise, which I get more iffy about each day.  Even though vaccines should be given out to many over the next 6 months, trial cruises would need to probably be done  in mid June for our Oasis cruise to possibly become reality. 

50 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Slight confusion here.   Aren't cruise planner dollars spent considered OBC to be used on a lift and shift at the original dollar amount spent, plus a bonus of 25%?  You would then have 125% to spend on your shifted cruise?

These monies could also be spent as soon as your lift and shift was finalized instead of waiting for it to be used on board.  The "dynamic pricing" policy for certain items would be substantially higher if you had to wait until you got on board, making the 25% bonus a mute point.  As long as you can spend it beforehand, it would make it worthwhile.

Looking for clarification because we have about 1200 in cruise planner monies tied up for our late August Oasis cruise, which I get more iffy about each day.  Even though vaccines should be given out to many over the next 6 months, trial cruises would need to probably be done  in mid June for our Oasis cruise to possibly become reality. 

Getting the 125% OBC for cruise planner purchases is not allowed with the lift and shift.  You can only opt in for the 125% OBC if you take the 125% FCC option on the cruise

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Getting the 125% OBC for cruise planner purchases is not allowed with the lift and shift.  You can only opt in for the 125% OBC if you take the 125% FCC option on the cruise

Thanks for the clarification.   But I was correct to assume that the OBC involved if you choose that route can be used to repurchase cruise planner items months before the cruise, instead of waiting to use it once the cruise starts, like many cruise lines require OBC to be used, hence the name.

2 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Thanks for the clarification.   But I was correct to assume that the OBC involved if you choose that route can be used to repurchase cruise planner items months before the cruise, instead of waiting to use it once the cruise starts, like many cruise lines require OBC to be used, hence the name.

Yes, the 125% OBC shows up instantly on your account once you tell them wha5 sailing you would like it applied to and can be used immediately. 

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, the 125% OBC shows up instantly on your account once you tell them wha5 sailing you would like it applied to and can be used immediately. 

Thanks again for the clarification Ken.  Just trying to figure out our options if our Oasis cruise falls through.  We took the refund on our 2 cancelled Royal cruises last year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Interesting, Ken.  For two cruises in the latest round of cancellations I did request the Cruise Planner Credit but obviously haven't gotten them yet.  I also requested that our TA do a Lift and Shift to 2022 (in progress).  Was planning on applying the CPC to those cruises.  Might have to apply to other cruises instead. 

The CPC from our cancelled August cruises were applied to 2021 August cruises, although the new ones are not Lift and Shift (B2B2B in 2021 replacing B2B in 2020).  The only problem I had with that move was our TA had a small amount of OBC on there so my Cruise Planner purchases couldn't be moved without the TA involved.  And two cruises of credit could not be split up between three new cruises - had to pick two.

4 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Interesting, Ken.  For two cruises in the latest round of cancellations I did request the Cruise Planner Credit but obviously haven't gotten them yet.  I also requested that our TA do a Lift and Shift to 2022 (in progress).  Was planning on applying the CPC to those cruises.  Might have to apply to other cruises instead. 

The CPC from our cancelled August cruises were applied to 2021 August cruises, although the new ones are not Lift and Shift (B2B2B in 2021 replacing B2B in 2020).  The only problem I had with that move was our TA had a small amount of OBC on there so my Cruise Planner purchases couldn't be moved without the TA involved.  And two cruises of credit could not be split up between three new cruises - had to pick two.

If you request a lift and shift then all your cruise planner purchases will be refunded.  That is the only option.

you can only request the 125% CPC if you request the FCC.

738FFABE-35E0-499B-B35B-256AB3825E41.jpeg

7 hours ago, LeeW said:

The Cruise Planner Credit (CPC) is awarded by guest, so if there were two of you on the cancelled cruise, one person's CPC can be put on one cruise and the second person's on another. 

We already did that with CPC from a 12 night cruise 50th birthday cruise with a relatively large amount  of cruise planner spending booked.  It ended up covering up covering almost all of our needs for two 7 day cruises.

Tom

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 9:50 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

If you request a lift and shift then all your cruise planner purchases will be refunded.  That is the only option.

you can only request the 125% CPC if you request the FCC.

738FFABE-35E0-499B-B35B-256AB3825E41.jpeg

Lift and Shift went through but too early to tell what Royal will do with the cruise planner purchase.  Multiple credit cards will be a pain, which is why I requested the CPC.  No big deal either way but thanks for letting me know to expect refunds.  New 2022 cruises have final payments of $9 and $18 so I assume these are differences in taxes and fees.  Last rebook was from a B2B to a B2B2B so it wasn't a L&S.

10 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Lift and Shift went through but too early to tell what Royal will do with the cruise planner purchase.  Multiple credit cards will be a pain, which is why I requested the CPC.  No big deal either way but thanks for letting me know to expect refunds.  New 2022 cruises have final payments of $9 and $18 so I assume these are differences in taxes and fees.  Last rebook was from a B2B to a B2B2B so it wasn't a L&S.

The $9 and $28 are as you said, just the differences in taxes and fees.

I hate trying to keep track of cruise planner refunds.  They split it up by guest, by excursion so if there was 2 guests and you purchased 3 things all on one transaction you will get 6 refunds. Sometimes the amounts are what the cost was per guest and other times one refund is more and the other is less but when you add them together it works out.