X cancels Europe and Transatlantic sailings departing May - October 2021

Eloise4Ever

7 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Yes, I was denied trying to transfer from edge to infinity.  Then they asked if I want a fcc of 125 % or refund on the deposit.  Adios X, I booked on regent.  Never going back to X, though I enjoyed all the cruises I went on, but not going to be treated like that.

You're still here?  I thought you told us you were done with Celebrity, but you're still here.  In any case

Bye.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Yes, I was denied trying to transfer from edge to infinity.  Then they asked if I want a fcc of 125 % or refund on the deposit.  Adios X, I booked on regent.  Never going back to X, though I enjoyed all the cruises I went on, but not going to be treated like that.

Regent is quite a bit more expensive than X.  I'll probably stay with X myself.  Maybe suite prices are more comparable?  I look for veranda cabins in Aqua.  I've only been on X once but I liked it.

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You're still here?  I thought you told us you were done with Celebrity, but you're still here.  In any case

Bye.  

Let's be nice.

That said... You have the best username on this board.  I love reading your posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Let's be nice.

That said... You have the best username on this board.  I love reading your posts.

Will do.  That's just one of my pet peeves.  Each cruise is different and should be judged on it's own merits.  

Edited by ipeeinthepool

3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Bye.  

Done sailing them not informing others of their shortcomings.  Didn't realize this was just a cheerleader forum for X.  I suspect others have been treated poorly and post their issues.  Sounds like you must be a Facebook fact checker in real life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Regent is quite a bit more expensive than X.  I'll probably stay with X myself.  Maybe suite prices are more comparable?  I look for veranda cabins in Aqua.  I've only been on X once but I liked it.

The X suite prices are more comparable especially when you add in the free regent excursions, prehotel.... Yes regent is a little more all in, but not as much as you think.  Also they have more varied ports too, not the same cruise repeated all the time.

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

Done sailing them not informing others of their shortcomings.  Didn't realize this was just a cheerleader forum for X.  I suspect others have been treated poorly and post their issues.  Sounds like you must be a Facebook fact checker in real life.

What???  CC isn't real life?

I'm hardly a cheerleader for Celebrity or any other cruise line on CC, FB or any other platform.  What does look silly to me is when someone tries to make a grandstand and pronounce, "I'm leaving and not coming back!"   It looks a lot like a child threatening to hold their breath until they get their way.   If you don't like Celebrity or any other cruise line that's fine, I'll be more than glad to hear your reasons.  In your case, you were upset because Celebrity wouldn't make an exception for you and violate their policy.  And you didn't like how they told you no.  Is that even close to a reason that makes sense to me to never do business with Celebrity, not really.  Celebrity must have looked ok to you before you made the reservation on the Edge and now they are a company that doesn't deserve your business?   But if that makes sense to you, that's great.  .... Bye.

• Like 2

Well we got the emails last week! Had 2 b2bs booked on Connie one in June one in September.

I have been able to change the September cruises to a b2b on Infinity,keeping my promotions and price per day protected! I had a wee bit to pay due to these cruises are 10 nts each and the original were 9 nts each.There was nothing suitable for June so will take refunds on those ones. I’ve booked with Royal for an 8nt out of Southampton in July, Will have to wait and see if these go

We were booked on the Sept 6 Greek cruise on the Connie, which was canceled. It was part of a 2 cruise booking with X. We were on the Infinity Spain cruise leaving Aug 20th, after we finished in Lisbon we were going to fly to Venice and depart on the Connie. We now are re-booked on the Sept 9th Infinity Spain cruise and we also booked a HAL Greek cruise from Athens to Venice. departing Sept 24th on the Westerdam. I am still pessimistic that either of these cruises will happen but fingers are crossed.

X wants us to take a FCC for our NRD deposit on the Connie, which I will NOT do, I have already requested my CC to reverse the NRD deposit. Will have to wait and see which action gets my NRD back.

On 1/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, LGW59 said:

Honestly, at this point, unless you are locked in with a NRD, I just cannot imagine why any of us (speaking for myself) would not be taking the refund. 

I've been taking the refund from the very beginning.  The money is better in my pocket.  I'll then decide how I want to spend it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We were booked on the Sept 6 Greek cruise on the Connie, which was canceled. It was part of a 2 cruise booking with X. We were on the Infinity Spain cruise leaving Aug 20th, after we finished in Lisbon we were going to fly to Venice and depart on the Connie. We now are re-booked on the Sept 9th Infinity Spain cruise and we also booked a HAL Greek cruise from Athens to Venice. departing Sept 24th on the Westerdam. I am still pessimistic that either of these cruises will happen but fingers are crossed.

X wants us to take a FCC for our NRD deposit on the Connie, which I will NOT do, I have already requested my CC to reverse the NRD deposit. Will have to wait and see which action gets my NRD back.

I've heard the Infinity is an older ship, not revolutionized.  I wonder what you think about it?

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

I've heard the Infinity is an older ship, not revolutionized.  I wonder what you think about it?

Yes it is older and missed her Revolutionizing last year, but it the cruise sails we do not care, she is still a good ship going to places we want to go with a cruise line we like.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We were booked on the Sept 6 Greek cruise on the Connie, which was canceled. It was part of a 2 cruise booking with X. We were on the Infinity Spain cruise leaving Aug 20th, after we finished in Lisbon we were going to fly to Venice and depart on the Connie. We now are re-booked on the Sept 9th Infinity Spain cruise and we also booked a HAL Greek cruise from Athens to Venice.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Neither the Constellation nor the Infinity has been "revolutionized" so swapping from one to the other should not be any downgrade...

On 1/12/2021 at 9:00 AM, Eloise4Ever said:

I just received the email below from X. We were booked to sail on the Edge transatlantic in October 2021. Disappointing news but not totally unexpected.

image.png.d12be42bda1c38e42a0b5b6ed01f4e32.png

image.png.95d7183479d2311be2b8dd1a5f583adf.png

Sadly they did not cancel the other TAs including NY to Southampton and return to the US in August. 😪

57 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Neither the Constellation nor the Infinity has been "revolutionized" so swapping from one to the other should not be any downgrade...

Where did I say anything about a downgrade?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Where did I say anything about a downgrade?

You didn't. I was trying to help the other poster understand that Connie and Infinity would be equivalent, since s/he seemed to be asking why you'd be willing to swap to a non "revolutionized" ship...

Regarding someone posting that they are leaving X and going elsewhere because of how X handles cancellations or other customer service issues, I understand frustration when your plans don't work out.

I have my three preferred cruise lines, Celebrity, Royal C. and NCL and have loyalty benefits on each.   I prefer to book with one of those lines, however if a cruise line enacts policy that I don't like or provides poor customer service, I may jump ship for another line.

NCL started price bundling perks with the cruise fare and I haven't cruised with them for three years since there fares are no longer as competitive.

Now Celebrity is going all inclusive, which has substantially raised fares for the cruises that have checked.

Prior to X approving the transfer of our booking on the Connie TA to the Reflection TA from Rome, I had checked other TA cruises from Rome during that period and found far cheaper similar cruises from Princess.  I am talking about prices on Princess that would have been 2/3 of the fare for Celebrity.

Never been on Princess, but if I have to jump ship from Celebrity, it will be because the competition is better.  Thankfully, Celebrity did let me do the transfer.   

Cruise lines can change policies either positively or negatively in the future, I am flexible to still consider any cruise line prior to my bookings.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, 4774Papa said:

Regarding someone posting that they are leaving X and going elsewhere because of how X handles cancellations or other customer service issues, I understand frustration when your plans don't work out.

I have my three preferred cruise lines, Celebrity, Royal C. and NCL and have loyalty benefits on each.   I prefer to book with one of those lines, however if a cruise line enacts policy that I don't like or provides poor customer service, I may jump ship for another line.

NCL started price bundling perks with the cruise fare and I haven't cruised with them for three years since there fares are no longer as competitive.

Now Celebrity is going all inclusive, which has substantially raised fares for the cruises that have checked.

Prior to X approving the transfer of our booking on the Connie TA to the Reflection TA from Rome, I had checked other TA cruises from Rome during that period and found far cheaper similar cruises from Princess.  I am talking about prices on Princess that would have been 2/3 of the fare for Celebrity.

Never been on Princess, but if I have to jump ship from Celebrity, it will be because the competition is better.  Thankfully, Celebrity did let me do the transfer.   

Cruise lines can change policies either positively or negatively in the future, I am flexible to still consider any cruise line prior to my bookings.

We cruised on Princess twice before taking our first X cruise several years ago. We have sailed X since because we feel it is a good fit for us. That said, I don't think you will be disappointed with Princess. Overall, I think it is comparable to X in food, service, ship, etc. We, too, have noticed that Princess' prices in their current promotion which includes a perk bundle are very competitive and considerably less when compared to X. Their NRD is less as well. We, too, may begin booking on Princess again if current price trends continue.    

• Like 1