Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

On 12/2/2023 at 12:29 AM, LittleFish1976 said:

I took a 5 day cruise a few weeks ago on Princess to try it out. Firstly, their packages are convoluted and confusing. From what I can understand, to take advantage of the wifi + drinks+ gratuities (for US market only the latter element) + other nonsense, you purchase a particular fare which includes those things. You can buy a drinks package alone but that doesn't include the other components - only the drinks (not the wifi etc).

I purchased the fare which included the whole shebang. Before I boarded they changed what the package included to great international uproar. Once I got onboard, and note that I had the highest level of package so could access the better range of drinks, I found that there were only four red wines on the list, only one of which they had in stock. The cocktails I found impossible to drink as they were made with such a sickly sweet pre-mix that they were like one of those kids' frozen drinks. Impossible to drink let alone enjoy. The package was not cheap but impossible post facto to say how much more it was per day than the regular fare but it was above the cost of the Cunard drinks package (the inclusions of which I find perfectly fine).

The list price of the drinks on the Princess ship I thought were very high. I wasn't paying per drink as I had the built in package but I wouldn't have paid what they were asking without it. I won't repeat the experience particularly as I found the food very much not to my taste.

I know a lot of people rave about that line but to my taste Cunard is no more expensive in terms of money and much better value in terms of enjoyment. I've tried to be a little restrained in my assessment as I understand it is all very subjective and this is just my opinion. As far as Cunard drinks being expensive I just don't believe they compare unfavourably with other lines.

On 2/23/2024 at 12:23 AM, alibabacruisers said:

Thank you sfred for the morning sunrises photos.  I hope you are enjoying your cruise!

PXL_20231124_193944307-EFFECTS~3.jpg

Edited by EasternWiseguy
Sunrise November 2023 SOU-NYC ...forgot to add photo😖😖
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)

I have several sunrise photos that I haven't posted yet, as I didn't want to provide too many spoilers for the port photos in the Where in the World game.  Here they are…

2 March approaching Noumea 

20240302_065530.jpg

1 March st sea

20240301_060039.jpg

29 Feb approaching Suva Fiji

20240229_060315.jpg

28 Feb approaching Lautoka Fiji

20240228_051800.jpg

Edited by sfred
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I think this is one I haven't posted before.  I have a sunset today and it's from my Covid-shortened World Cruise Segment on Queen Mary 2, from Sydney to Perth instead of New York.  On March 10 we visited Adelaide, and as the sun was setting there was an almost magical reflection of the sun on the doors to Kings Court.:

dusk.jpg

Roy

• Like 6

Thanks @rafinmd.  So nice (and rare!) when you can get a perfectly cloud-free horizon for the sun and ocean to meet.  That brief moment when the first sliver of sun comes out of or into the ocean is magical.

Edited by sfred
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Today's sunrise is from a 2013 Queen Elizabeth transatlantic New York to Southampton.  March 31 was a sea day roughly across the pond:

easterdawn.jpg

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today's sunrise is from a 2013 Queen Elizabeth transatlantic New York to Southhampton.  April 15 was the penultimate sea day before reaching Southampton:

dawn0405.jpg

Roy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1