Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

6 hours ago, sfred said:

A somewhat hazy sunrise this morning 19 September in the Mediterranean between Barcelona and Naples. 

20230919_065933.jpg

What do you have planned in Naples?  My DW is originally from there and I have been there numerous times. I even drove in Napoli (Don’t!). 
If you go to Pompeii, try to find a tour that includes nearby Herliculeam (sp?) to see a less crowded and equally amazing part of the Vesuvius story. Try some fried fresh local anchovies for lunch too while in town. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NE John said:

What do you have planned in Naples? 

No big plans.  We usually just walk all day -- exploring the streets, piazzas, castels, palazzos, cathedrals, etc., and stumble on a lunch place somewhere.   It usually makes for a great (although unstructured) day. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, sfred said:

No big plans.  We usually just walk all day -- exploring the streets, piazzas, castels, palazzos, cathedrals, etc., and stumble on a lunch place somewhere.   It usually makes for a great (although unstructured) day. 

Try getting to the Naples Archaeology Museum right in the center of town housing many Pompeii artifacts. 
There are some nice pastry shops nearby there too. This is one of them  IMG_20180606_1103441.thumb.jpeg.dec63f1f462e3142bbaea867310bff5b.jpeg

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not quite a sunrise, but I did manage to capture a lightning flash in a storm cloud at first light this morning on QE's arrival to Civitavecchia.  Potentially our first rainy day of the voyage.  Ajaccio tomorrow has forecast rain also.

20230921_061839.jpg

• Like 9

Today 23 September is our last sea day aboard QE before a port day in Palma tomorrow and disembarking in Barcelona on Monday.  It has been a great voyage for sunrises.  I've treasured every morning with a coffee out on deck.  Look forward to seeing more photos from everyone's future voyages.  🌞

20230923_072510.jpg

• Like 9

6 hours ago, sfred said:

Today 23 September is our last sea day aboard QE before a port day in Palma tomorrow and disembarking in Barcelona on Monday.  It has been a great voyage for sunrises.  I've treasured every morning with a coffee out on deck.  Look forward to seeing more photos from everyone's future voyages.  🌞

20230923_072510.jpg

Thank you for the beautiful photos! We will be embarking Queen Elizabeth in just over two weeks. I will try to return the sunrise photo joy. That is, if I mange to be awake that early! LOL! Either way, I'll definitely share a post-voyage report. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here's a view of today's sunrise as seen from QM2 sailing the North Atlantic with two days to go until we reach New York. Generally cloudy conditions plus a lack of ambition on my part to get up early enough have prevented me from posting a sunrise photo previously during this voyage. I'll rectify that situation now.

1695808664905.thumb.jpg.ecf889ca4ac2e344d8d272a93f9e9ed5.jpg

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a view of today's sunrise as seen from QM2 sailing the North Atlantic with two days to go until we reach New York. Generally cloudy conditions plus a lack of ambition on my part to get up early enough have prevented me from posting a sunrise photo previously during this voyage. I'll rectify that situation now.

1695808664905.thumb.jpg.ecf889ca4ac2e344d8d272a93f9e9ed5.jpg

Lack of ambition is a severely underrated quality and should be much more widely lauded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4