Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Here's another chance to get double use from a port webcam. After posting a nighttime shot from this Port de Québec webcam last evening on the "QM2 location" thread, this morning has presented an opportunity to post a Québec sunrise image with QM2 from that same webcam on this thread.

QM2QuebecSunrise2023-10-06.thumb.jpg.8fd66a59334fc2eb5c8b29daf47f7ee8.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's another chance to get double use from a port webcam. After posting a nighttime shot from this Port de Québec webcam last evening on the "QM2 location" thread, this morning has presented an opportunity to post a Québec sunrise image with QM2 from that same webcam on this thread.

QM2QuebecSunrise2023-10-06.thumb.jpg.8fd66a59334fc2eb5c8b29daf47f7ee8.jpg

That's gorgeous 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a capture of today's sunrise with QE at Naples, Italy. This is from Baltic Live Cam's "Molo Beverello" webcam.

QENaplesSunrise2023-10-18.thumb.jpg.fba651e5d6cc5638cb031a0be658ad4d.jpg

That’s great that QE can tie up right at the dock in. In Naples, can most cruise ships go straight to the docks or do some need a tender? 

4 minutes ago, NE John said:

That’s great that QE can tie up right at the dock in. In Naples, can most cruise ships go straight to the docks or do some need a tender? 

I imagine it is deep enough for anything. I have been there in QE2, which had a deep drought, docked in exactly the same place as her successor, at the wonderful terminal. There seem to be four ships berthed in Naples today, not all at the Stazione Maritima.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I imagine it is deep enough for anything. I have been there in QE2, which had a deep drought, docked in exactly the same place as her successor, at the wonderful terminal. There seem to be four ships berthed in Naples today, not all at the Stazione Maritima.

Sorry draught. There was always plenty to drink!

1 hour ago, NE John said:

Here's an afternoon capture from the same webcam showing a bit of the monster cruise ship Costa Toscana (6,000+ passenger capacity) at the far left also at the Stazione Marittima. Marella Voyager is also docked at Naples today along with several large ferries.

QENaples2023-10-18.thumb.jpg.e386334a4ff982f766d6018bfd581b69.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's an afternoon capture from the same webcam showing a bit of the monster cruise ship Costa Toscana (6,000+ passenger capacity) at the far left also at the Stazione Marittima. Marella Voyager is also docked at Naples today along with several large ferries.

QENaples2023-10-18.thumb.jpg.e386334a4ff982f766d6018bfd581b69.jpg

Yes, you are right. I thought the MSC ship was a cruise ship, but it is a ferry. Sorry.

When we were in Naples last September on QE one of Royal Caribbean's Monstrosity of the Seas was also in so I'm assuming most will fit

This was it in Rome the day before Naples, but you get the idea

IMG_20220908_172017_4.thumb.jpg.f8438562609d6a8cbc0c29b25f257ea7.jpg

5 minutes ago, rakkor said:

When we were in Naples last September on QE one of Royal Caribbean's Monstrosity of the Seas was also in so I'm assuming most will fit

I’m sure there are more flattering views, but even so. I don’t think they even go down that far.

45 minutes ago, rakkor said:

These mega ships terrify me!  It seems that popular ports and cruising areas are restricting access yet mega ships are being cranked out left and right. 
I don’t get it. 

• Like 2