Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Today's sunrise is taken over water but is about as far from the ocean as one can get.  It is from my 2003 circumnavigation of the world featuring the Trans Siberian Railroad but cut short by SARS.  On April 13 I woke up on the shores of Lake Baikal. 

wrld2480.jpg.8aad964aa438d9187f80e80dfe2

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 combination of Queen Elizabeth transatlantic and Crystal Symphony transpacific with a visit to Angkor Wat in between.  On April 24 Crystal Symphony was in Seward:

1stsun424.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is the first from another set of cruises.  In April-May of 2019 I sailed the Nieuw Statendam transatlantic to Amsterdam and returned on Queen Victoria/QM2 Keil-Southampton-New York.  April 25 was a sea day enroute to Porta Delgada:

dawn0425.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from one of the last sea days of my 2019 Nieuw Amsterdam Transatlantic.  On May 5 I will disembark in Amsterdam and then make my way home from Kiel on Queen Victoria and QM2:

dawn0501.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2013 Queen Elizabeth Transatlantic and Crystal Symphony Transpacific with an interlude in between at Angkor Wat.  On May 2 I had disembarked Symphony and changed trains in Chicago.  That morning I watched the sun come up over Lake Michigan:

dawn0502.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2019 combination of Nieuw Statendam Eastbound Transatlantic combined with a return on Queen Victoria QM2.  On May 5 I disembarked Nieuw Statendam in Amsterdam:

dawn0505.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is the first from a 2015 pair of cruises, Crystal Serenity Miami to Lisbon, followed by a Prinsendam Kiel Canal cruise.  On May 7,  the Crystal Serenity anchored in Bermuda:

dawn0507.jpg

Roy

• Like 2