Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

Today's sunrise will be a sequence of 2 photos,  taken about 15 minutes apart.  It is from my 2017 5-ship plus Iguazu combination.  On March 11 the Crystal Serenity visited Ihla Grande, Brazil.  It started with some nice early morning color:

dawn0311.jpg

The sun actually emerged about 15 minutes later:

sunup0311.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

It is March 15 in Australia.  Today's sunrise is my last from the deck of a ship.  One year ago today Queen Mary 2 was docked in Fremantle, Australia.  A couple hours after I took this photo the other shoe dropped and I started packing feverishly:

dawn0315.jpg

Roy

• Like 3

Today's sunrise is from my first combination of cruises, Crystal Symphony Los Angeles  to Sydney and then a Queen Victoria World Cruise segment Bangkok to Dubai.  I haven't posted from this segment for some time since Symphony had a long run of bad weather but on March 15 she was starting to break free while getting somewhat closer to Sydney:

IMG_1648.thumb.JPG.9e5bf95a7fd5fade1cd03

Roy

• Like 3

Today is March 17 in Australia.  Today's sunrise is from my 2020 QM2 World Cruise.  It was taken on my morning walk in Fremantle:

dawn0317.jpg

Cunard had put me up at the Pan Pacific hotel:

panpacific.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

My next 2 sunrises will be the last I have taken on the road.  There was quite a spectacular sunrise on March 18, apparently taken from my hotel in Fremantle after disembarking QM2.

dawn0318.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my 2014 Crystal Symphony/Serenity/Amsterdam combination Bali to Singapore to Cape Town to Ft. Lauderdale.  On March 21 Crystal Serenity was at sea from Mauritius to Durban:

dawn0321.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Nice bridge cam capture - thanks!  Interesting that QV and QM2 appear to be roughly perpendicular to each other, while Ventura and QM2 are approximately parallel.  I wonder what combination of wind and/or tide might have enabled that? 

13 minutes ago, sfred said:

Nice bridge cam capture - thanks!  Interesting that QV and QM2 appear to be roughly perpendicular to each other, while Ventura and QM2 are approximately parallel.  I wonder what combination of wind and/or tide might have enabled that? 

It does seem to be somewhat serendipitous as to how the various ships will be aligned with each other at the precise moment the webcam image is captured. As I've been watching the bridge webcams lately, in those instances where other ships are visible, sometimes they all appear to be parallel to each other as one would expect, but about as often as not, one of them ends up nearly perpendicular to the others. No particular rhyme or reason to the pattern that I've been able to discern at any rate.

Today's sunrise is from my crazy combination of 5 ships (Koningsdam-Crystal Serenity-Zaandam-Carnival Inspiration-Crystal Symphony in 2017.  On March 23 the Zaandam visited Montevideo:

dawn0323.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2003 round the world attempt featuring the trans Siberian railroad.  On March 26 the freighter Canmar Courage was approaching my destination of Antwerp.

wrld0520.thumb.jpg.9750a3d201b62d43696fa

Roy

• Like 3

This is my final sunrise from my 2019 Grand South America and Antarctica cruise.  I was almost home as Amtrak's Silver Meteor was midway between Richmond and Washington DC.

dawn0327.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 9:41 PM, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from my 2003 round the world attempt featuring the trans Siberian railroad.  On March 26 the freighter Canmar Courage was approaching my destination of Antwerp.

wrld0520.thumb.jpg.9750a3d201b62d43696fa

Roy

For just a moment I thought Cunard was welding more cabins onto the upper decks of QV/QE/QM2.  😃 

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from my first combination of cruises and the first time I did a live thread on Cruise Critic.  It was Crystal Symphony Los Angeles to Sydney followed by a Queen Victoria World Cruise segment Bangkok to Dubai.  On March 28, 2010, Queen Victoria was at sea from Phuket to Cochin:

IMG_1722.thumb.JPG.e1821e30b49cde4768d4a

Roy

• Like 1