New PO Cruise Programme.

fred bare

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, molecrochip said:

There are two things which need to happen first.

1. Gala2 needs her name officially announced

2. P&O need to satisfy themselves that whatever date they pick will not clash with restart bookings and overwhelm the call centre.

Confirmations of:

1. February

2. March (bookings to end of March/Easter 2023)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Confirmations of:

1. February

Interesting...

The March answer would suggest that's when the next tranche of cancellations is coming to provide the extra supply in the system for the FCCs, particularly for the smaller ships.  It will have to be around then for the 30 day cut off.  Don't know but makes common sense.

I would imagine that the two will be split to avoid the call centre coming in to contact with lots of refund queries.

Answer 1 feels like clever timing to me.

4 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Confirmations of:

1. February

If the next winter season is launched in March I have to decide whether to move my July 2021 deposit to an Iona autumn cruise instead, hope its cancelled by then so I can have an FCC.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, fred bare said:

No obvious updates on the website as of today, unless I'm missing something?

I would have thought if the next tranche was coming next month they would have been pushing the fact by now?

Announcements of that sort are traditionally released to the public at 10am on a Tuesday.

The announcement made last week about new ship said it go on sale March so unless they only put her holidays on sale first I would expect the next tranche to be around same time. Theyll probably sell new ship first before rest of fleet like they did with Iona release.

Edited by sweep2907
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Probably same email, coming soon or spring is a bit open ended, but we can all debate when, I recon it will be between tomorrow and June.

Our all-new winter 2022/23 holiday collection is coming this
spring – featuring vibrant destinations, fantastic offers
and a new addition to the family! Watch this space for
more details swinging by shortly.

6 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

But I don't think these are actually photos Phil - I reckon they are cgi renderings. I still just find it strange that they have released so little about her, especially when she has been completed for months... It is very different from the situation with earlier ships when they released tons of stuff throughout the build.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Britboys said:

But I don't think these are actually photos Phil - I reckon they are cgi renderings. I still just find it strange that they have released so little about her, especially when she has been completed for months... It is very different from the situation with earlier ships when they released tons of stuff throughout the build.

Exactly what we have been saying

• Like 1

I rang an agent who is well known for doing P&O cruises on Tuesday and the person I spoke to said they have been told Arvia will be going on sale in April.  They have not been told when the other P&O ones will be on sale, but are assuming after that, as had not at the time had any notice they were pending.  Of course at that stage nothing had been mentioned re the summer cruises being replaced with some UK itineraries, so no idea about those.

It seems they had already been told that the Cunard cruises will be coming out soon, so think they think those will likely appear at the end of this month.

Edited by tring

15 minutes ago, tring said:

I rang an agent who is well known for doing P&O cruises on Tuesday and the person I spoke to said they have been told Arvia will be going on sale in April.  They have not been told when the other P&O ones will be on sale, but are assuming after that, as had not at the time had any notice they were pending.  Of course at that stage nothing had been mentioned re the summer cruises being replaced with some UK itineraries, so no idea about those.

It seems they had already been told that the Cunard cruises will be coming out soon, so think they think those will likely appear at the end of this month.

In emails sent out they have mentioned "soon" and "Spring"

When will summer 2023 come out we have some fcc  which we have to book a cruise by 31st Dec 21 we have 2 cruises already for next year so can't fit another in so would need to be year after 

Thanks

Just now, Tikka234 said:

When will summer 2023 come out we have some fcc  which we have to book a cruise by 31st Dec 21 we have 2 cruises already for next year so can't fit another in so would need to be year after 

Thanks

Should be in September, or thereabouts.

55 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

In emails sent out they have mentioned "soon" and "Spring"

I was only reporting what I was told two days ago, which of course does not mean that it would not be changed, or perhaps I was given the wrong information.  I was referring to obtaining the information from somewhere often mentioned as "related" to a certain ex MP.

The person I spoke to did sound quite confident regards that information with no hesitancy at all though, especially about what she called "the New Ship" going on sale in April.  I have seen mention here that Our Vera would likely go on sale earlier than the rest.  So if she does go on sale, say early April, then there would be a time before that when the cruises were published, so will not be long now - am I right in thinking that is normally about two weeks prior to on sale date (I am not sure re that)?

I am also thinking that irrespective of the on sale date, there would be a good reason for them to start a build up now, when so many cruises have been cancelled and many people could be looking for refunds.  Having said that, we have had a cruise cancelled, but no email regards the new cruises to go on sale, but we are talking P&O.

Edited by tring