Legend European Sailings Canceled Though October 31, 2021

LEtue

1 hour ago, LEtue said:

Just got my email and I am thankful that Carnival didn't wait until after final payment.

I agree, pleasantly surprised that they didn't play chicken.  I've had to play on other cruiselines.

Are you going to take the FCC + $600, or 100% refund?

I am also glad they let us know this far out.

A few months ago American Airlines dropped their fares to about $650/pp from our area.  I wanted to pull the trigger so bad.  Even though we could get a credit for airfare, I couldn't stand the thought of even MORE $$$ being tied up in the travel industry "to be used at a later date" when/if the cruise cancelled.

So glad I showed some restraint - it's unlike me 😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mpk said:

I agree, pleasantly surprised that they didn't play chicken.  I've had to play on other cruiselines.

Are you going to take the FCC + $600, or 100% refund?

I opted for the refund since I didn’t like the 2022 itinerary as much and I have a RCI cruise booked for next year already.

• Like 1

I never got the email, but when I found out, I immediately put holds on the Pride final Med and the TA for October 2022.  Since this October sailings were re-booking for this past October's sailings, maybe "3rd times the charm" will be true. 

I may actually like the itineraries a bit more.  These are Rome-Lisbon and Lisbon-Tampa.  The TA is a couple of days shorter but still stops in Bermuda on the way.  While I love Barcelona, that turnaround day in Lisbon will be good.  But 2021 and 2022 aren't as good as our original sailings would've been in 2020.  Oh well.  I just want my Med/TA sailings to happen!!

Once my April MSC sailings are cancelled, I think that will make at least 10 plus 1 I cancelled voluntarily and 1 I did a Lift & Shift on X.  I'm still opting for FCCs.  With these cancellations, my next booked isn't until December on HAL (a rebooking of a rebooking).  That will make it 2 full years since my last cruise.

From Dec 2021 thru May 2023, I have 8 bookings (I think).  February 2022 Spirit and Splendor sort-of B2B from OZ (who knows if we can even go to Australia by then) and sort-of B2B TAs on NCL Bliss in April/May 2023) with these new Pride sailings in between, so have some really interesting itineraries booked.  And I'll have to squeeze in rebookings for MSC.  Got to make up for all the cancellations!

11 hours ago, CHOPPERTESTER said:

Too bad, we had # 8232 for the Legend 4 June Norway cruise. Great itinerary and half the cost of the other lines. Oh well we'll take our NRD back and try again somewhere down the line.

We had a aft cabin booked for the sameLegend June 4 cruise. I switched to the June 10, 2022 Carnival Pride thru Norway and booked the same aft cabin. The price is pretty good for that itinerary and I will have the $600 OBC also so not all bad.

• Like 1

My 10 day Med from Venice and the TA for Oct 2020 and Med/Ta cruises for Oct 2021 have been cancelled. I had my fav cabin on the Legend for all of them and great prices since they were all booked prior to the Wu Hu Flu. I had applied my credit and $600 OBC from the 2020 cancelled cruises to the newer 2021 cruises but a few months ago I took them back off just in case so I still have them all. Unfortunately theres few choices for future sailings. Hopefully Carnival will extend the inventory list out to the end of 2023 very soon.

I also just lost my 5th booking for the Mardi Gras. Originally I had B2B in Jan 2021 that I had booked the 1st day back in Jan 2019 so I got great cabin great prices and great OBC that day.. It would have been nice to book again with those same prices. I dont know why Carnival doesnt try to atract customers by giving us reasonable prices. They will probably have to change that tactic if this keeps up much longer. Also they may have o allow customers to place more than one credit/OBC onto new bookings. I'm also not fond of the idea that the OBC on a new booking is lost if the new booking is also cancelled. That original cruise is still cancelled Wheres my OBC etc ? Plus theres all that promotional OBC. Just about all my cancelled cruises had some. Oh well. 

19 cruises and more than 150 sailing days all gone. I'm trying to keep all the deposits/credits and OBC funds straight. Ive already had a run-in with Carnival over early rules on OBC from last April. 

I did not book my flight to Europe for the Med/TA this year as I had to cancel last year and I dont know if United would have been as forgiving this year. Last April I called them to say I no longer had a ride home and they gave me back all my miles and did not penalize me.  Also Italy is difficult right now to enter due to their Wu Hu Flu policies.

Now i have to Email the same hotels again to cancel once again. For the Celebration TA next year I havent bothered to look for hotels in Europe.

I was disappointed, but not surprised, to get the email about the cancelation of my August Legend cruise.  I was actually a little relieved, as I wasn't sure I would feel comfortable traveling then, particularly when I would have had to pay in full in May.  I appreciate that the notice came far in advance of my cruise.  

I just rebooked for the same itinerary in early Sep 2022 on the Pride.   Lost my aft-facing balcony as none were available on my new cruise, but I have $600 OBC as consolation.  🍷🍸

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 8:46 AM, Scoreboard2017 said:

We had a aft cabin booked for the sameLegend June 4 cruise. I switched to the June 10, 2022 Carnival Pride thru Norway and booked the same aft cabin. The price is pretty good for that itinerary and I will have the $600 OBC also so not all bad.

We just booked that cruise and date also! 🙂  I had originally booked Mardi Gras Thanksgiving 2020- cancelled- and then Mardi Gras- March 2021- cancelled again! At this point we decided to give up (for now) on the Mardi Gras and book this cruise. It was actually the same price as the Mardi Gras and we have never been to Norway...soooo excited!!!

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 2:23 PM, FlaMommy75 said:

We just booked that cruise and date also! 🙂  I had originally booked Mardi Gras Thanksgiving 2020- cancelled- and then Mardi Gras- March 2021- cancelled again! At this point we decided to give up (for now) on the Mardi Gras and book this cruise. It was actually the same price as the Mardi Gras and we have never been to Norway...soooo excited!!!

Awesome! See you there. There is also a roll call for the June 10th, 2022 Norway cruise already posted if you'd like to join. 

On 1/22/2021 at 9:38 AM, LEtue said:

Just got my email and I am thankful that Carnival didn't wait until after final payment.

Same. Although we rolled over the funds from our cancelled Legend June 2020 Norway cruise. I owed about $450 on my Legend June 2021 Norway cruise but I’m glad I didn’t have to pay it. Rolled the funds over to a Pride July 2022 Norway cruise. (Third times the charm?) That one ended up being the same price as the original one so now it’s paid off. 

On 1/22/2021 at 1:34 PM, trvlgirlmq said:

Yes glad we didn’t have to wait longer either. Going to have some nice OBC for Europe 2022. 

I just booked the June 25, 2022 to Caribbean for my daughter's graduation (in lieu of party). Do you think it will be cancelled so that Carnival can sail from Europe to make up for the 2021 cancellations?

1 hour ago, bmci3398 said:

I just booked the June 25, 2022 to Caribbean for my daughter's graduation (in lieu of party). Do you think it will be cancelled so that Carnival can sail from Europe to make up for the 2021 cancellations?

Europe 2022 is already open for booking on Pride. Legend will be in the US for Caribbean so if you are booked it should be fine.