Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2021

barbpretz

11 minutes ago, Jadn13 said:

Fetch App- Submit shopping receipts for points and earn Princess gift cards 

What is this?? Do the receipts have to be from Princess or can they be from anywhere??

Edited by Ombud

On 1/24/2021 at 12:30 PM, wowzz said:

But not for those of us in the UK. Depending on the size of the fare decrease you could cancel your original booking,  forfeit your deposit, and rebook at the lower price. But you might not keep your original cabin. 

You can refare with Princess uk once only for £100 per booking 

On 1/24/2021 at 8:40 AM, Jadn13 said:

Not an actual secret but something some may not realize.

On a B2B cruise you can bring on your allotted amount of bottled wine again on turn around day. 🍷

Here's another B2B secret - the liquor store staff does not know you are on a B2B.

So, if you happen to like a little somethin' somethin' (other than the allotted wine) to sip on while relaxing in your cabin, you can purchase it on the last night of segment 1, and take it directly to your cabin.

All set for segment 2. 

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

The liquor store staff does not know you are on a B2B.

So, if you happen to like a little somethin' somethin' (other than the allotted wine) to sip on while relaxing in your cabin, you can purchase it on the last night of segment 1, and take it directly to your cabin.

Thats a neat trick & can be used for B2B on ANY cruise line!

• Like 1

This I didn’t know until I watched a vlog on YouTube.

Price match for similar shore excursions.

Then you get the reassurance of not being late and the ship leaving you behind.

8A4EACC7-95EF-4E34-8686-DFA107BD2BFD.thumb.jpeg.0542ac1a777c7ceab0c81cc2bc17e0d5.jpeg

Edited by traceytd

13 hours ago, drsel said:

Thats a neat trick & can be used for B2B on ANY cruise line!

If the purchase is rung up at a cash register, it is possible that being on the next segment will be displayed and thus the purchase not allowed to be taken at the time of purchase. This is true on Princess and some other cruise lines.

But if the purchase is written on an invoice and then entered into the system later, they will not know at purchase time if you are on the next segment or not and thus allow you to take your purchase with you.

Of course it can work differently on other cruise lines. CCL, for example, will not allow you to take that last full day purchase with you nor do they deliver previous purchases to you that day. Instead, you must line up to claim your purchase on disembarkation morning. Just what cruisers like to do on the last morning, get in a line to get their liquor before getting in another line to get off of the ship, followed by having to claim your luggage and then put the purchased items into the luggage since they cannot be hand carried past TSA at the airport.

10 hours ago, traceytd said:

This I didn’t know until I watched a vlog on YouTube.

Price match for similar shore excursions.

Then you get the reassurance of not being late and the ship leaving you behind.

8A4EACC7-95EF-4E34-8686-DFA107BD2BFD.thumb.jpeg.0542ac1a777c7ceab0c81cc2bc17e0d5.jpeg

Super, which OTHER  cruise lines offer a best price guarantee?

On 7/7/2021 at 5:31 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

Here's another B2B secret - the liquor store staff does not know you are on a B2B.

All set for segment 2. 

On our last B2B, the front desk gave the liquor store a list of those on the B2B.  They would not let those passengers (I was one of them) take any liquor back to their cabin on the last night of the 1st segment.

10 minutes ago, mreasier said:

On our last B2B, the front desk gave the liquor store a list of those on the B2B.  They would not let those passengers (I was one of them) take any liquor back to their cabin on the last night of the 1st segment.

The secret's out. I guess. 

I will add the disclaimer that it has worked for me, several times, several lines. 

YMMV

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mreasier said:

you can ask your neighbour or anyone else you socialized with, to buy on your behalf and then pay them for it

Edited by drsel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/24/2021 at 4:21 PM, reedprincess said:

Anyone can order off the Kid's menu (available in main dining, specialty restaurants)  - the Volcano Sundae and Cruise Chips (ice cream and cookies, often assembled as an ice cream sandwich) are fantastic.

Carnival Corp Stockholders (own 100 shares or more) are eligible for OBC on Princess cruises, anywhere from $50-250 depending on length of cruise.

Military Veterans are eligible for OBC from Princess.

Princess allows you to "stack" OBC, you could have Stockholders, veterans, from TA, etc all on your booking.

Pub Lunch (serves anywhere from once to a couple times a cruise in a specialty venue) is free of charge..

Don't stand in the long line up for the pub lunch.  Go 30 minutes before the posted end time (usually about 1pm I think)  and you will most likely have little or no wait.  Food is precooked so it will come right away so 30 minutes is plenty.

On 1/24/2021 at 5:21 PM, reedprincess said:

Anyone can order off the Kid's menu (available in main dining, specialty restaurants)  - the Volcano Sundae and Cruise Chips (ice cream and cookies, often assembled as an ice cream sandwich) are fantastic.

Carnival Corp Stockholders (own 100 shares or more) are eligible for OBC on Princess cruises, anywhere from $50-250 depending on length of cruise.

Military Veterans are eligible for OBC from Princess.

Princess allows you to "stack" OBC, you could have Stockholders, veterans, from TA, etc all on your booking.

Pub Lunch (serves anywhere from once to a couple times a cruise in a specialty venue) is free of charge..

Can someone tell me how to ge the OBC for owning 100 shares?  I was one of "those" that did buy the stock when it was supppppper low.

On 7/7/2021 at 5:31 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

All set for segment 2. 

When we asked, they said they knew from the medallion you were doing B2Bs and it would be delivered at the very last segment of your cruises.   Sooooo....hmmmm, which is it?  Anyone try this?  DH likes Baileys to sip on after dinner on the balcony.

30 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

they said they knew from the medallion you were doing B2Bs and it would be delivered at the very last segment of your cruises.

You are right, so you should not buy it.

Ask a friend you made on the Cruise to buy it for you

Edited by drsel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, myleanne said:

Can someone tell me how to ge the OBC for owning 100 shares?  I was one of "those" that did buy the stock when it was supppppper low.

Send a copy of your proxy card, share certificate, brokerage statement or nominee statement (black out all identifying numbers) by snail mail or fax. Include the info about your booked cruise.

Google Princess shareholder benefit and you'll get lots of hits.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Send a copy of your proxy card, share certificate, brokerage statement or nominee statement (black out all identifying numbers) by snail mail or fax. 

Google Princess shareholder benefit and you'll get lots of hits.

For all the details:

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Another disclaimer: I have NOT tried it post-Medallion.  

It may indeed be more evident that you are staying over.

I forgot about that pesky, all knowing  tracker in use now.  😄

Big brother is watching!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drsel said:

You are right, so you should not buy it.

Ask a friend you made on the Cruise to buy it for you

Yes, that is what I heard.  Really, if you have all the free drinks, they should let you BUY liquor and take t to the room.  It is saving them money.  Am I the only one that thinks that way???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, drsel said:

you can ask your neighbour or anyone else you socialized with, to buy on your behalf and then pay them for it

Well, apparently they aren't looking at the LOYALTY BENEFIT OBC!  Just saying!

• Haha 1